DUBAI Or ABU DHABI?

Topic locked
DUBAI or ABU DHABI? Feb 19, 2006
Hi there

I am considering moving to Dubai or UAE. Which one? What are the pros and cons of each?

julesnurse26
Dubai Forum Guest

Feb 19, 2006
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

thanks Feb 19, 2006
still a bit confused though.

I am a Nurse and likley to have free accomodation...

I am guessing Dubai is "louder" that Adu Dhabi...?

There are some other hospitals I am looking at in the UAE .. i will have to consult the forum when I am clearer
julesnurse26
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: DUBAI or ABU DHABI? Feb 19, 2006
julesnurse26 wrote:Hi there

I am considering moving to Dubai or UAE. Which one? What are the pros and cons of each?

Ummm.... You move to the UAE by default when you move into Dubai... :roll:

Perhapes a geography lesson before hand?? :lol:
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 19, 2006
yes , yes I am aware of that cheeky!! Brain prob half dead as been on net for hours checking out all info

:P

I am just deciding as to which United Arab Emirate to actually go and settle in for a year....
julesnurse26
Dubai Forum Guest

Feb 20, 2006
If you want to be in the middle of the happening city where all teh concerts/gigs/clubs and all the action is Dubai would be your best bet. BUT that comes with traffic, more options to spend your money (hence less chances to save), and just generally metropolitan city cons. Except crime and drugs which are almost non-existant here..

Abu Dhabi on the other hand you will have a more relaxed lifestyle 15 minutes and you will have crossed the city from one side to the other and the cab ride would be 5 dhs hehe .. nice beaches in abu dhabi (i would say nicer than dubai actually) but your options of going out are limited and you will probably exhaust them in a few months ... but again your staying for a year so i am not sure how much that is of a factor to you. And also dubai is only 1.5 hours car drive from Dubai so you can always drive up to Dubai for a good night/weekend and come back.

Since your a nurse i can tell you that goverment hospitals in abu dhabi are much better and more advnaced than the ones in Dubai just because the AD goverment has more resources and money.

hope this helped ...
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 20, 2006
What about job wise? I mean most of the companies are located in Dubai or AD?or is it equal opportunities?How about Sharjah for that matter?
yoyo
Dubai Forum Visitor

Feb 20, 2006
that is a good point and something I have not yet researched into, although i am only looking into hospitals. Lets hand that over to Maad who is an expert!
julesnurse26
Dubai Forum Guest

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum