Commuting Between Sharjah And Abu Dhabi

Topic locked
Commuting between Sharjah and Abu Dhabi Aug 20, 2009
Hey all :)

I got a new job in Abu Dhabi, and I live in Sharjah, so I will have to commute daly between the two emirates. Now the bus ticket from Shj. to AD is 30 Dhs, and from AD to Shj 25, that totals to 55 Dhs. daily, and around 1800 Dhs. monthly, if you take commuting charges to the bus station into account.

1800 Dhs. is too much for my salary to handle, but I really need this job. So I am asking if anyone knows of cheaper methods to commute between the two emirates. I am not fond of the carlift thing, so I am mainly looking for "bus registration" kinda deals. Something like a monthly bus ticket or something. Does anyone have any suggestions? I will appreciate help on this matter as I am weighing all my options here.

Thanks!

Hind
Dubai Forum User

Aug 21, 2009
I'd say get a car, but your fuel bill will be quite high and not justifiable.
Move to Abu Dhabi?
benwj
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Aug 22, 2009
:) I do own a car, but driving all the way between the two emirates is tedious for me, not to mention wearing my car down, AND the petrol prices!

Hmmm... I decided to go back and forth during Ramadan. They have that Ojra pass thing in Abu Dhabi, which would save me bus and taxi expenses a bit, so I hope things will work out, at least during the month.

Thank you for your input ;)
Hind
Dubai Forum User

Aug 22, 2009
We had the same prob when my wife landed a job in abu dhabi. And Intially had to commute for two weeks from Shj to Abu Dhabi.

Really wasnt a pleasan't experience. Getting up really early and comming back late. Specially for me and I had to do this twice a day.

If you can move somewhere closer to Abu Dhabi in Dubai. Along Emirates Road, Jebel Ali etc etc. Rents are very affordable nowadays in Discovery, Internaitional, Silicone Oasis, JLT.

Now it tskes me excatly an hour an a very relaxed pace to reach Abu Dhabi.

I spend less that your projected expense by public transport daily on gas on a 4 way journey daily. If I was just going and comming once a day then it would be in half.
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum