Buying A Property In Dubai

Topic locked
Buying a property in Dubai Jan 06, 2006
I'd really like to get my own place here but with unbelievable rental prices just for studio apartments, buying a place and paying a mortgage seems cheaper.

What do people generally think about buying property here and does anyone know of anywhere that offers 100% mortgages?

Any advice would be appreciated!!

Rissa
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Buying Jan 07, 2006
as far as i know, none of the local banks offer 100% morgages, most require a 30% deposit and the balance over 13- 15 years. i do seem to remember seeing a posting at one point saying that hsbc would finance 100%, but can't remember the details. prehaps someone has some first hand knowledge of this
dbxsoul
Honored Member

Re: Buying Jan 07, 2006
dbxsoul wrote:as far as i know, none of the local banks offer 100% morgages, most require a 30% deposit and the balance over 13- 15 years. i do seem to remember seeing a posting at one point saying that hsbc would finance 100%, but can't remember the details. prehaps someone has some first hand knowledge of this

you are quite correct Dxbsoul. Only nationals can have 100% mortgages. GCC Nationals can have 90%. The rest of us 70%.
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum