Buying Diamond Rings In Dubai

Topic locked
Buying Diamond rings in Dubai Apr 15, 2012
My fiancé and I will be visiting Abu dhabi/Dubai next month. During our visit we plan on buying a platinum diamond ring for her. Its our first visit so we aren't quite sure what to expect in terms of prices..etc. Are the prices any cheaper than the UK? Which city is best for this Abu dhabi/ Dubai? Any recommendation will be greatly appreciated. 

New2012
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Re: Buying Diamond Rings In Dubai Apr 16, 2012
Prices are definitely cheaper, plus anything gold has to be 18ct and above. Whatever you buy here you can basically add on an extra 3rd of the value price. The Gold and Diamond park in Dubai is good, as well as the old Gold Souk. IF you have a design in mind it would help, as you can be overwhelmed by what's on offer. I had a picture and they made it within two days for me and the quality is excellent.

Oh and ignore the price labels on rings, as usually they just put mad prices on for a laugh. I picked up one that had 375,000 Dhs on it lol when I asked he said 'oh no, no, 75,000 Dhs' lol even so. Always ask and you can barter over the price.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: Buying Diamond Rings In Dubai May 02, 2012
yes, Chocoholic is right, my fiance and I bought my diamond ring from the Gold and Diamond Park in Dubai, they were just lovely!! We went to Cara and the guys there are soooo sweet and fun too. However there are lots to choose from and they are all very nice indeed and I think most of them will help you design what you want.

Have a lovely time shopping as there is no place like Dubai to go shopping, I just LOVE it there.

mctutu
mctutu
Dubai Forum Visitor

Re: Buying Diamond Rings In Dubai May 03, 2012
mctutu , We got our rings from Cara's - they're fantastic. I showed them a piccy of what I wanted, picked out the stones and they made it within two days - brilliant.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: Buying Diamond Rings In Dubai May 03, 2012
Chocoholic wrote:mctutu , We got our rings from Cara's - they're fantastic. I showed them a piccy of what I wanted, picked out the stones and they made it within two days - brilliant.

I know!! Aren't they just awesome!!? They had my ring ready in 2 days too!!! Just in time for me to fly back to the UK. Can't wait to be back in July August!!
Glad you had a lovely time with them too!
Have a lovely weekend!!

:D

Mctutu
mctutu
Dubai Forum Visitor

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum