Broken Passport And Working Visa

Topic locked
Broken passport and working visa Jul 06, 2009
Hi friends,

My passport and working visa was torn into pieces. I already have my passport. My dilemma is that my current employer gave me a visit visa instead of working visa. Is there's any problem if i go using a visit visa while i'm currently employed? do i need some supporting documents? what will happened if they found out about my situation? will i get jailed, ban, etc? what will i told them once they found out?

Please help me as my flight is scheduled on July 9... Your response is highly appreciated. Thanks in advance!!!!

Regards,

Janice

breakfree08
Dubai Forum Guest

Jul 06, 2009
What do you mean by visa torn into pieces? Has it expired? What?
And how can ur employer give you a visit visa? He'll be fined and so will you!

http://gulfnews.newspaperdirect.com/epaper/viewer.aspx

If ur flight is on July 9th why don't you leave and come back on a work visa?
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 06, 2009
my passport and my work visa was torn into small pieces... its broken... the work visa is still active.I don't know why my employer issued a visit visa even I am employed with the company. My worry is the implication of having this visit visa and questioned by the immigration. Please help! =(
breakfree08
Dubai Forum Guest

Jul 06, 2009
breakfree08 wrote:my passport and my work visa was torn into small pieces... its broken... the work visa is still active.I don't know why my employer issued a visit visa even I am employed with the company. My worry is the implication of having this visit visa and questioned by the immigration. Please help! =(

Just show them the little papers and tell them what happened...
If you wait too long, I bet you gonna get sanctions. Two years in jail perhaps :twisted:

Seriously, go tell and get it fixed.

Why on earth did those documents get torn apart anyway? You been shredding papers violently at home?
RobbyG
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Jul 06, 2009
RobbyG wrote:
breakfree08 wrote:my passport and my work visa was torn into small pieces... its broken... the work visa is still active.I don't know why my employer issued a visit visa even I am employed with the company. My worry is the implication of having this visit visa and questioned by the immigration. Please help! =(

If you wait too long, I bet you gonna get sanctions. Two years in jail perhaps :twisted:

Why on earth did those documents get torn apart anyway? You been shredding papers violently at home?

I swear I didn't do it!!
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Jul 06, 2009
Bora Bora wrote:
RobbyG wrote:

I swear I didn't do it!!

I know its wasn't you. You have this ring hovering above your head hon. :wink:
RobbyG
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum