Automarket At Ras Al Khor

Topic locked
automarket at ras al khor Aug 10, 2007
Hi I'm in the market for a second hand car. Has anyone bought a car from the automarket at ras al khor? Can anyone give me some positives and negatives about it. There seems to be a lot on offer there but prices are not advertised on the cars. Any info would be appreciated. Thanx

Xander
Dubai Forums Member

Aug 10, 2007
Stay away. 90% is imported junk no one wants, so it comes here. They buy cheap and sell high.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Aug 11, 2007
Thank you for your reply. I had a look our there yesterday and noticed a lot of the vehicles are new. I assumed there are imported vehicles from USA, etc. Do you know if they are GCC specifications. Is there a separate compliance plate for GCC / UAE.

Thanks
Xander
Dubai Forums Member

Aug 11, 2007
And where are those GCC-spec ex-warranty 10+ years old cars going? As people buy new cars every day, there must be a huge pile of old cars out there.
xty
Dubai Forums Veteran

Aug 11, 2007
xty wrote:And where are those GCC-spec ex-warranty 10+ years old cars going? As people buy new cars every day, there must be a huge pile of old cars out there.

I really don't know. But I bought two cars in Sharjah which are more than a decade old that the Japanese threw away. I get the feeling people run their cars into the ground here or eventually crash them badly enough to be cancelled.

The "new" cars at Awir are possibly flood-damaged cars from American hurricane victims.

It's possible to convert any car to GCC spec just by paying Dhs 300 to the Ministry of Something-I-Forgot for a piece of paper, but they really aren't. The US-spec cars will still have a speedo with mph.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Aug 11, 2007
I suspect that there are people who collect this craps for exporting the parts to other countries. Because I believe that would be a very good market & business here. So I would be surprised if noone (or only few) has done it.
xty
Dubai Forums Veteran

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum