Attestation Of True Copies Of UAE Documents - Tips For You

Topic locked
Attestation of true copies of UAE documents - tips for you Mar 15, 2009
- The topic of true copies in UAE is described really slimly on the internet. I have found that I had to go to Notary Public in Dubai, but the Al Barsha branch promptly shooed me off, telling me that they do not issue true copies of documents which have not been made by them. They told me to go to the company which issued the document and have it done by them.
(For the record, my documents are two property sales agreements and one Title Deed.)

- True Copies of Title Deeds issued by Dubai Land Department are really easy to make true copies of. Just go to the Land Dept and ask one of the people there. They'll slam a stamp there without any charge. You can then take it to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and then to the country's embassy of your choice.

- Some embassies will get true copy stamps on your documents, even if they are UAE-based. This is how I I am getting my property sales agreements from Dubai and Ras Al Khaimah stamped. Then they say I should go to the M. of. F.A. to attest them and return to the embassy. It was the Cyprus Trade Centre in Al Ghurair City)

- RAK sales agreements will have to be sent to the Chamber of Commerce in RAK. PM me, I know where it is located. There, they will try to compare the signatures on the documents with the one they have on file. If it doesn't match, you're probably out of luck, they'll ask for a letter of attorney from the owner of the company or its GM - whose signatures they will have on file. Tough luck trying to find those important guys.

Hope this helps.

clamspirit
Dubai Forum Visitor

Re: Attestation of true copies of UAE documents - tips for y Mar 29, 2009
Hi,

Thank you for the explanation. I am a bit lost as I have the same info from Al Barsha office saying that I have to contact Ministry of Justice which I think too much.
I just need to use Notary Public attestation of document to to attest my Driving License (issued in Slovakia), nothing more. I believe it can be done by some public Notary here in Dubai in case I will provide them with original and copy.
I am just lost whom should I contact. Can you please advise?
Many thanks!
Simona
SimonaM
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Mar 29, 2009
SimonaM, the best way to attest your Slovakian driving license would be to go to the Slovakian embassy or consulate over here. Otherwise, if that doesn't work, you can also go one step back and go to Slovakia, where they will attest your photocopy, which you then take to the Slovakian embassy or consulate here, they attest it, and you take the document further to M. of F.A.
clamspirit
Dubai Forum Visitor

May 05, 2009
I was overseas, so I was unable to process my documents. I used this company Apostille Pros. I'm not sure if its the same situation as yours. Google Apostille Pros maybe they can help you.

http://apostillepros.com/
nassarm31
Dubai Forums Member

Jul 14, 2009
Authxperts is professional services firm providing document legalization services to individuals and corporates. Countries which are not members of The Hague Convention do not issue, accept or recognize Apostille certificates in respect of US public documents. There are over one hundred such foreign countries currently.

If a foreign country where you require your American document to operate is not a signatory to The Hague Convention, its Embassy, Consular, diplomatic or trade representative (e.g. United Arab Emirates and Taiwan) in United States normally attends to the legalization of American documents.

In most cases it will require the document to be authenticated in the first instance by the notary, followed by seal of the Secretary of State and US State Department in Washington D.C.

Each foreign country has its own specific requirements, procedures and fees when asked to legalize an American document for use in its country. It may be a requirement, for instance, that the contents of the document are translated from the original language to English language or into their country's own language, and that such translation also be authenticated by the respective departments.

We at Authxperts attend to all the complicated, cumbersome and difficult processes associated with the legalization of American documents by Embassies or Consulates in United States of America.

We also assist American Citizens residing in other foreign countries, to obtain Apostille Certificates for their American public documents including Birth, Marriage, divorce and Death Certificates. Contact us for further information if you require assistance of this kind.
Advisor
Dubai Expat Wannabe

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum