Applying Visit Visa From Dubai Vs UAE Embassy?

Topic locked
Applying visit visa from Dubai vs UAE embassy? Jan 27, 2007
My friend is a Thailand resident and holds Indonesian passport. She's visiting Dubai from end of March to beginning of May (about 40 days) for vacation.

I've read and am completing the requirements (from dnrd.gov.ae) about applying it from Dubai immigration office (and then send the scanned copy/original visit visa to her).

Another method is to apply from UAE embassy in Thailand, providing all the requirements including my invitation letter.

Second, AFAIK, the visa validity starts from issue date (up to 60 days), which will be within next week when I/she apply. So by the time she arrives in Dubai end of March, it would have been or about to be expired.
Would it be possible to start the validity in the end of the March (before she arrives), so she can stay up to beginning of May?

Anyone got experience of comparing between two methods? Especially about requirements to provide minimum salary declaration letter of the sponsor (min 10000 AED), refundable deposit of 2000 AED, and possibility of future validity date (as mentioned above).

And also the fact that I'm traveling out of Dubai (will be there end of February for only few days), how long to process the visit visa suppose I apply from Dubai immigration?

xty
Dubai Forums Veteran

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum