What Do You Want In A Nightclub?

Topic locked
Re: rock spiders?? Feb 02, 2007
Tropic23 wrote:
gregory863 wrote:that place is pretty cool. the band rocks. i play pool there, have a few drinks then head on because there's no dancing there. how many clubs in dubai are like this??? a bunch of people sitting around like statues!

Dancing isn`t important, isn`t it?? 8)

Well hell yeah dancing is important but u need the right type of place and mood. If u dont find any then whats the point.

Unknown Devil
Dubai forums Addict

Feb 03, 2007
Dubai has a million festivals right. So why not have something like the Love Parade.

That's true club culture NOT the superficial crap you see in clubs here which in reality are disguised whore joints.
redbullny
Dubai Forum Visitor

Feb 03, 2007
redbullny wrote:Dubai has a million festivals right. So why not have something like the Love Parade.

That's true club culture NOT the superficial crap you see in clubs here which in reality are disguised whore joints.

Having alcohol in the parks and streets? Hmm... Wouldn't go well with the authorities, but on the other hand, you have all these outdoor events like the concerts and the rugby 7's *rolls eyes*
liverpool4ever
Dubai Expat Helper

Feb 03, 2007
Oh sure guys why not. Next thing if u end in jail dont tell me. Dubai is not open enough like bangkok or goa or any other place. The thing is not to have as u dont become a nuisance to the society and if alcohol was so open believe me I have seen worst cases. And speaking of Festival and stuff. It's a family gathering where arabs do prefer to come. If you check the amount of ppl to festival are very few europeans or americans while max of them are from sub continent or arabs which consists a lot of muslims and they wont do it. I do know yeah so what they drink yes true they do but not in public.

Speaking of desert rugby, concerts thats cuz those things make money for plus no offence thats an event to attract the whites. I am not a racist or anything but just a fact that am saying. But if u go to indian open concert u rarely find them selling alcohol as lots of families are there.
Unknown Devil
Dubai forums Addict

Feb 03, 2007
Alcohol would be a major problem even though it is perfectly fine and virtually legal for hoes to be roaming about the streets selling themselves, half of whom are probably not even disease free.

But it would be cool to have a trance festival or something of that nature.
redbullny
Dubai Forum Visitor

Feb 03, 2007
Unknown, I agree that its not a good thing for the Muslim society but neither are a lot of other things that happen here. This is Dubai not Saudi Arabia.

Also, the whole purpose of these festivals are mainly to boost tourism. Many tourists visit Goa, Germany etc for their raves.

I feel that a trance festival would further increase the number of tourists coming here but thats just my opinion.
redbullny
Dubai Forum Visitor

Feb 03, 2007
Dude just try walkin down the busy street with a bottle of beer and see what happens!! I understand getting a trance festival would attract lot of ppl from around the world as in tourism would increase. But there is not much market and as I mentioned before because dubai is more indian oriented with the indian music and all not much of trance so ppl dont think of getting trance festival. Man trust me I am living here for 23 yrs. I know the back of this place.

Plus say in an event when Tiesto came down. Max I think the crowd was till 8000 while when Indian Maestro A.r. Rehman came down 30,000 ppl. Desert Rock festival right now is going to be for 2 days after such a long time. And when u talk about trance festival. It needs to feel like trance in goa or bangkok where booze is open. Over here booze is not open. Yes if they do it in a place where u buy the booze like an concert sort of thing then fine. But if u plan to do like Goa where every moment Trance is there like the whole city that would never happen and plus when in Dubai Desert Rock last yr a band was banned to play in dubai as Dubai tourism denied them cuz they had written a song about arab ppl as in the history books how cruel they were and stuff. Even though they were not going to sing that song but still they were not allowed to play so they were cancelled. but ur idea can only be done in a close place and not a festival stuff.
Unknown Devil
Dubai forums Addict

Feb 03, 2007
Dude I am not denying the fact that alcohol in the open is not permitted here. I have lived here longer so I would know that, thank you.

All I am saying is that it is possible to have a smaller version of the Love Parade with several big DJs instead of just one without selling alcohol on the streets and instead perhaps have specific venues where people can stop by and have a drink. I mentioned "something of that nature" meaning it doesn't have to be the same thing with people drinking away on the streets. This obviously would need to be a collaborative effort and would be difficult to control but it is surely possible with some careful planning.

And also I am talking about causing more tourists to come here whereas you are talking about the existing local population here which has got nothing to do with promoting tourism.
redbullny
Dubai Forum Visitor

Feb 05, 2007
redbullny wrote:Dude I am not denying the fact that alcohol in the open is not permitted here. I have lived here longer so I would know that, thank you.

All I am saying is that it is possible to have a smaller version of the Love Parade with several big DJs instead of just one without selling alcohol on the streets and instead perhaps have specific venues where people can stop by and have a drink. I mentioned "something of that nature" meaning it doesn't have to be the same thing with people drinking away on the streets. This obviously would need to be a collaborative effort and would be difficult to control but it is surely possible with some careful planning.

And also I am talking about causing more tourists to come here whereas you are talking about the existing local population here which has got nothing to do with promoting tourism.

Hehe sorry for that. Cuz when u said trance festival I was like thinking the whole Dubai celebrating it. hehe. Like that would happen. But what u said can be done. Since dubai is growing hopefully in the future!!
Unknown Devil
Dubai forums Addict

Feb 07, 2007
redbullny wrote:Dubai has a million festivals right. So why not have something like the Love Parade.

hard to have true club culture when certain substances that facilitate all night clubbing and dancing into the morning are banned.

and before we go for love parade, let gets clubs open till 5 or 6.
MaD
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Feb 10, 2007
I've become fed up with the club scene in Dubai after 4 months.

Same music, same places, same wannabe v.i.p atmosphere, same shit all over the place.

So I gave it up.

Someone rightly said people in this place have no time nor the mind to go out and get interested in anything than switching off after a hard week's work.

But goddamn it! How is it possible that all this place is stuck in the early nineties! I mean, just turn on the radio - the only new stuff is some pop bullsh17 - and the "big tracks" are from FIVE years back.

Worse than that - whomever you ask, everyone says nothing else will ever pick up here - it's a vicious circle. Nobody even tries.

I'm a junglist, so my life is twice as hard here.

But hey, look here. Suddenly a blow of fresh air in the stale club atmosphere! LTJ Bukem comes to play at iBO last Thursday and guess what? The venue is full. And not full of the usual jerks, but actual drum & bass fans!

Where did they dig'em out from? Were they all groupies who came along from UK? No - all came from here.

Yet, not even one mention on DF.

Bwoy, everyday junglist, I fight for survival.

Big up
dubaimisfit
Dubai Forums Member

Feb 13, 2007
Loser roll with me & ill show u ssup damn u wanna live the adventerous life ill show u son juss holla

DON
ISH
ISH
Dubai chat master

posting in Dubai EventsForum Rules

Return to Dubai Events