The Lodge - Opening Night Review

Topic locked
The Lodge - Opening Night Review Jan 22, 2007
...you didn't miss much.

THE GOOD:

DJ's in the main room were on point. Clean mixes, good selection of oldies and current commercial bangers. I got there at 11PM and there was a buzz in the crowd. Great job by the mainroom guys.

The venue is absolutely beautiful. Great concept.

Sound system in the main area is amazing.

VIP area is nice.

THE BAD:

Bartenders were holding it down. However, the people running the cash registers were completely useless. I bought 2 drinks, and then waited 30 minutes for my change. As I scoped out every bar in the club, it seemed that every PoS (point of sale) register was either malfunctioning, or the people using them didn't know what was going on. Very poor execution by the club, and to be honest... the amount of lost revenue due to this would've made me cringe as an owner. I saw the girl at the bar cry because she was getting bombarded with requests. I waited so long I got my drinks for free.

Washrooms were disgusting by 1AM. In a country where labour is cheap, the least you can do is have someone stand there and clean the mess up.

No one was out and about cleaning the club. Broken bottles, broken glasses, etc, etc.. open toe shoes were something that would've left you wishing you had your tetnus booster.

I saw one of the servers princess out a bartender because the wine bottle was filled with water. WTF is that all about?

This is the one that makes me cringe the most: They were washing the glasses in water, no soap, no solvent, nothing. I thought the bars in Amsterdam were bad, but this was disgusting. You spend millions of dirhams on making a mega club, and you can't be bothered to spend a few thousand dirhams on automatic cup washers? Low class.

Small room: The female DJ pulled a rookie mistake and BLASTED the music. It was so loud that she overheated the amps at 12:30AM or so. Next thing you know, all you hear is bass. Her replacement turned down the volume and it was fine thereafter. If the LED's on the amp are BLEEDING red, turn down the freaking volume. No one likes going home with their ears ringing.

-----------------

VENUE: 9/10
MUSIC: 7/10 (5/5 for the main room, 2/5 for the small room)
SERVICE: 2/10
Would I go again? Yes, maybe in a couple of months when they get their act together and replace that female DJ.

Anyone else go?

djl
Dubai Forums Member

Jan 22, 2007
Ah didn't go clubbing for 2 weeks... I didn't really like the old Lodge, hope this one is way better :-)

Do they play any trance?
liverpool4ever
Dubai Expat Helper

Jan 27, 2007
I thought the opening night was great, but then I was there for the early VIP treatment and left pretty much after the doors opened to the general public, can't be mixing with the commoners you know.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

posting in Dubai EventsForum Rules

Return to Dubai Events