DF Member Plays LIVE!

Topic locked
DF member plays LIVE! Nov 13, 2006
OK...it has been on the cards for a bit now, but yours truly will be playing live for the first (and very likely the last!) time this friday 17th November at the Barasti Bar, Meridien Mina Seyahi. Unfortunately the actual gig is private as it is someones 40th birthday present, however we are playing on the upstairs terrace and the main outdoor area is open to the public...so you can listen, but not see...and not throw anything heavy at us!

We are a scratch band with some quite well known local musicians who play rock...and roll...and call ourselves 'Visit Visa' (Wanted to call us 'D - portation' as this is probably what will happen to us after the gig but got outvoted!)

If you want to come and listen, you are all welcome. We are scheduled to be on around 9.00pm. Be warned all our amps go to '11' and we are planning on 'doing' Stonehenge next munf! Spinal Tap rules!

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Knight

Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Nov 13, 2006
I'd like to see and listen as well. If i can't see who are the peeps playing i'd rather stay at home and listen to some good music too.

:lol: :lol: What's the point of going there and we can't see? Hmm..we'll look like a fool.. :(
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

Nov 13, 2006
Good luck DK. I was there yesterday after work on the way home and thought it was you and "Visit Visa" on the terrace. Then realized it was demolition work!
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 14, 2006
DK sounds great! Would love to hear your band. We go there all of the time and eat, sit upstairs and gaulk out over the ocean. We may have to go on Friday night and listen to you guys.
dubai girl
Dubai Expat Helper

Nov 15, 2006
Zoiks! We'd better be good then!

After the last rehearsal (where we all thought we were pants) we have all had to up our game so fingers crossed. We'll be on the balcony in the private bit but everyone will be able to hear downstairs...and in the Marina!

Will be downstairs afterwards for a whole load of JD to settle the nerves and dip the sore fingers in.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Knight
Dubai Knight

Nov 15, 2006
It seems to be a great thing !! Too bad I won't be there ....
Anyways good luck DK ! :wink:
Mi Ange mi Demon
Dubai Expat Helper

Nov 17, 2006
DK - I will be bringing my husband tonight to listen to your band. Hope all goes well, and I guess I'll look for someone that looks like your avatar!!! The guessing game will begin!!!!!

If you see this post prior to your going, please feel free to tell me what color shirt you will be wearing!
dubai girl
Dubai Expat Helper

Nov 17, 2006
dubai girl wrote:DK - I will be bringing my husband tonight to listen to your band. Hope all goes well, and I guess I'll look for someone that looks like your avatar!!! The guessing game will begin!!!!!

If you see this post prior to your going, please feel free to tell me what color shirt you will be wearing!

You will be fine DG, look for his light sabre, it glows a blueish / ultraviolet
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Nov 17, 2006
Good Luck with your gig DK! :headbang:
brayker
Dubai Forums Member

Nov 18, 2006
OK folks...well, 'Temporary Visa' (as we ended up being billed) has hit the streets and I would like to send out a huge thanks to everyone who turned up at the Barasti to lend support. Hope you enjoyed the show? The party people ended up stopping a lot of people getting up onto the balcony to watch, but a few managed to sneak in and apparently everyone could hear it downstairs in the main bar.

Form our point of view, the gig went quite well. Not too many duff notes and we got the place rocking...that was the name of the game. Hopefully there may be an opportunity for everyone to actually come to a proper event in the the not too distant future, just waiting for a call to flood in with a booking!

We had a one way ticket to hell...and back!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Knight
Dubai Knight

Nov 18, 2006
Congrats, you guys have an awesome band with a tight sound, I enjoyed it.
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Nov 18, 2006
Excellent sound, DK!!! We managed to get a table downstairs and was able to listen to your band. It was great, enjoyed, then left around 11:15. Great meal, lots of drinks, and good band too!!! Didn't get to see any of the band members, but it was a beautiful night, and enjoyed listening to the tunes!
dubai girl
Dubai Expat Helper

Nov 18, 2006
Congratulations! Heard it was good! would have loved to be there...but had to pass this time. Hopefully you get to play again and we get to SEE you play.
:D
pixie 32
Dubai Forums Talker

Nov 19, 2006
Good job lads.
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 19, 2006
Good job and congrats DK. I missed it this time.. but would surely catch up the next time u guys are playin.. :)
cheers n best of everything.
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Nov 19, 2006
Good job and congrats DK. I missed it this time.. but would surely catch up the next time u guys are playin.. :)
cheers n best of everything.
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Nov 19, 2006
i was on the balcony ...naa naa naa naa... :lol:

i had free drinks!!...daa daa daa daa... :P

the band was great!!...good job mate...!!

it was piss funny on the sign board with the mistake on your bands name

"temporary visa"

awesome!!

looking forward to the next gig!

cheers
constantine
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Nov 19, 2006
constantine wrote:i was on the balcony ...naa naa naa naa... :lol:

i had free drinks!!...daa daa daa daa... :P

the band was great!!...good job mate...!!

it was piss funny on the sign board with the mistake on your bands name

"temporary visa"

awesome!!

looking forward to the next gig!

cheers

Yeah thanks Helen, how do we get an invite to your next party :)
^ian^

Nov 19, 2006
And yes, I was the one yelling out "Temporary Visa Rocks!!"
^ian^

Nov 19, 2006
^ian^ wrote:Yeah thanks Helen, how do we get an invite to your next party :)

yeah that helen...what a gem of a gel...and so much poorer after her 40th birthday or maybe not!!...lol
constantine
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Nov 19, 2006
constantine wrote:
^ian^ wrote:Yeah thanks Helen, how do we get an invite to your next party :)

yeah that helen...what a gem of a gel...and so much poorer after her 40th birthday or maybe not!!...lol

LOL! Yeah, but you must admit, her parties go off.
^ian^

Nov 19, 2006
Well, why didn't I meet Helen?????????????? Guess she was the someone that I needed to know to get upstairs to see DK and the rest of the band playing!!! I would have been brave enough (after drinking 6 strawberry dacquiri's) to make my way upstairs.............if I only would have known :cry:
dubai girl
Dubai Expat Helper

posting in Dubai EventsForum Rules

Return to Dubai Events