Jamie Cullum Live At Skywards Dubai International Jazz Fest

Topic locked
Jamie Cullum live at Skywards Dubai International Jazz Fest Jan 23, 2007
Dynamic British singer, songwriter, and pianist Jamie Cullum will be playing live at the Skywards Dubai International Jazz Festival on March 10, 2007.

Chillout Productions have confirmed the presence of the scruffy, self-taught British pianist/singer/songwriter, Jamie Cullum, at the 5th edition of the Skywards Dubai International Jazz Festival 2007.

Jamie can create music to which both seasoned jazz fans and young pop fanatics have responded earnestly. Jamie is not just another music fad. His major label debut, “Twentysomething”, has not only made Jamie a star, but has set the records as the fastest-selling jazz debut in UK history, where it was certified Platinum in just six weeks!

“To categorize Jamie’s music as Jazz is doing him injustice because to some, Jazz is now considered largely mired in the past. However, at the same time, Cullum is not even one of those sort of a fad, glittery bubble gum wanna-be musicians. He doesn’t even fall between any styles. This HYPER LAD simply laces his original jazzy tunes with modern hip-hop, rock or even folk accents, leaving you in a relaxed and comfortable state of mind where you’d feel more secure to the future of music where piano men will be as exciting as lead guitar players!”

Jamie celebrates jazz through his original material and retrofits standards to accommodate elements of the music he grew up with, from rock to rap to drum & bass.

And in one of his interviews Jamie said: "I'm pulling in loads of elements from all these different areas, and then making my own sound out of them all. I'm not interested in being some kind of museum piece, and I don't want to present my music in a way that's old fashioned. I'm not wearing a suit, and I don't stand still when I'm singing. I'm jumping off the piano."

“We’re looking forward to see Jamie treating his piano well as a prop, hammering it with rock 'n' roll fervor, and slapping every inch of it’s body, all the while coaxing sonorous and echoing tones from its keys. No doubt, the 26-year-old phenomenon is coming to Dubai with one thing in his mind, and that is to set the stage and crowd on fire. “ Said Anthony Younes Managing Director Of Chillout Productions, the founders and Organizers of the Skywards Dubai International Jazz Festival.

Two big names have been confirmed till now, TOTO, the rock legends on the 9th of March 2007 and Jamie on the 10th of March 2007 will be rocking the city of Dubai with Jazz at Dubai Media City “outdoor amphitheater” during the 5th edition of the 2007 Skywards Dubai International Jazz Festival.

About Chillout Productions:

Dubai International Jazz Festival, winner of the “Best Festival” award at the 5th WHAT’S ON AWARDS, is the most exclusive and entertaining festival in the region.

Dubai International Jazz Festival has grown and became an annual entertainment icon in the UAE and the whole region, drawing fans from all across the UAE, GCC and around the world. Attendance in 2006 topped 21,500. Each year, the Festival presents more than 120 artists featuring a diverse and international lineup of legendary Grammy award-winning artists and critically-acclaimed jazz and contemporary groups.

Skywards Dubai International Jazz Festival showcases an incredibly diverse array of music styles to gratify the different tastes of large audiences, featuring 12 internationally recognized recording artists and legends of Jazz, Blues, Pop, Rock, R&B, Hip Hop, reggae, ethnic, gospel and Latin Music over a period of three consecutive nights.

The first thing that comes to mind when thinking of the Dubai International Jazz Festival is the audience: undoubtedly the classiest crowd of any musical event in our city with more CEOs, Chairmen, MDs and GMs per square foot than any business district in town.

For more information please contact:

Eric Kahi

Marketing & Communication Manager
Chillout Productions

Mob : +971 50 55 93 588
Tel : +971 4 391 1196
Fax : +971 4 3918930
E-mail : eric@chilloutproductions.com

Dubai Media City, Bldg 2, Office 312
P.O. Box 502185, Dubai, United Arab Emirates

www.chilloutproductions.com
www.dubaijazzfest.com

Chillout Productions
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Jan 23, 2007
I love Jazz!!!!!!!! 8)
Tropic23
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Jan 23, 2007
i heard he is good!...my frien has been asking me to check him out for ages!...she even knows him....i didnt know he was big....!

kewl....

this could be good!
cyrix
Dubai forums Addict

Feb 05, 2007
I caught him at the Cheltenham Jazz Festival in the UK, he was very cool! I can highly recommend him. :!: :!: A definate date for the diary!

C let's arrange...!
Lou
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Feb 05, 2007
mmm...why doesnt anyone check me out....i have a big one toooo.... 8) lol
guest999

Feb 06, 2007
Lou wrote:I caught him at the Cheltenham Jazz Festival in the UK, he was very cool! I can highly recommend him. :!: :!: A definate date for the diary!

C let's arrange...!

i am game :)....hmm...whoelse lou?
cyrix
Dubai forums Addict

Feb 06, 2007
Of course :lol: when have I turned down an evening out.......!!
Lou
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Mar 03, 2007
Hi guys sorry to pick up the message a bit late, hows the arrangement going? Are you guys going for 3 days or just Jamie's? I am quite keen too. Let me know.
Cheers

cyrix wrote:
Lou wrote:I caught him at the Cheltenham Jazz Festival in the UK, he was very cool! I can highly recommend him. :!: :!: A definate date for the diary!

C let's arrange...!

i am game :)....hmm...whoelse lou?
BabyDoll
Dubai chat master

Mar 04, 2007
Yes I have booked tickets just for the event on the 10th - 185 AED.

Just rounding up the rest of people!

You can book tickets here
http://www.boxofficeme.com/ just scroll to the Jazz Event for the 10th ..

Are you still keen to come ?
Lou
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Mar 04, 2007
at wut time it will be?
and where can i buy the tickets ?
and how much ?
hopes not all sold out
Bee
Dubai Forum Guest

Mar 06, 2007
See the above link!! :)

The price is 185 AED and show stars round 7
Lou
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Mar 06, 2007
Good thing is you can purchase the ticket in spinneys & virgin megastore as well. I wonder if they are not already all sold out by now!!
BabyDoll
Dubai chat master

posting in Dubai EventsForum Rules

Return to Dubai Events