Dubai Shopping Festival 2008

Topic locked
Dubai Shopping Festival 2008 Jan 27, 2008
Anyone got any info on good deals/bargains, etc???

Who's offering the best discounts and deals about town??

Thus far I have Furniture at Pan Emirates (Ibn Batutta);

Spend 250dhs... Get a voucher for 20% of the purchase. i.e. We spent 268dhs got a voucher for 54dhs.

craigindubai
Dubai forums Addict

Jan 27, 2008
Latest Addition....

Geant at Ibn Batutta (No I don't live or work there)....

Electronics department... Get 15% back in vouchers for any purchases over the 26th thru to 29th of January.

Doesn't seem like a lot but I'll now get a free fridge just for purchasing my new TV there!
craigindubai
Dubai forums Addict

Jan 27, 2008
Like we've discussed it before.. The DSF sales offers are more or less a sham. No discounts in the electronics field.. atleast that what i could feel from some of the prices from mkt gaints.
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Jan 27, 2008
Ok then....

I'm buying a 50", Full HD, Plasma TV. 3 X HDMI inputs. 2yr Warranty. HD tuner. Free installation & delivery.

How much can you get it for?

I have a price here that includes the price courtesy of the DSF.

Question is, can you beat it?
craigindubai
Dubai forums Addict

Jan 28, 2008
The silence is deafening.....
craigindubai
Dubai forums Addict

Jan 28, 2008
I bought an LCD from the Samsung store in Dubai Festival City and they threw in a home theater system for free. I also bought a PDA and they gave me a free printer with it.

Free installation and delivery, and includes 2 year warranty and one year insurance.

pretty good deal i think.
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jan 28, 2008
last month i bought 32" sony bravia at carrefour for 2999,, last night i went at MOE carrefour and its down to 2799,, 200dhs savings not bad.

i bought a 7megapixel digicam that retails for 999 originally and now at 699.

however, i was also on the lookout for a sony dvd handycam, it was 2499 last month and still 2499 last night, so this one had no discount.

i was at burjuman and there were some good deals at CK, Zara, among other clothes shop.
studstar
Dubai forums Addict

Jan 29, 2008
The deal I got was at Geant.

Samsung, 50", Full HD (1980 X 1080), Plasma TV. 3 X HDMI inputs. 2yr Warranty. HD tuner. Free installation & delivery. Bonus DVD handicam + 15% back in store vouchers. 8000Dhs.

Excluding the Handicam... I effectively got it for 6800Dhs because of teh vouchers. Happy days.. :D
craigindubai
Dubai forums Addict

Jan 29, 2008
craigindubai wrote:The deal I got was at Geant.

Samsung, 50", Full HD (1980 X 1080), Plasma TV. 3 X HDMI inputs. 2yr Warranty. HD tuner. Free installation & delivery. Bonus DVD handicam + 15% back in store vouchers. 8000Dhs.

Excluding the Handicam... I effectively got it for 6800Dhs because of teh vouchers. Happy days.. :D

Cool deal. So there are some good offers going around.. hmm why dont i see them?? Its probably coz most of them dont fit my needs or my pocket at the moment. :| Looking for a DSLR dont think the prices have come down anywhere.. have they? Anyone.?
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Jan 29, 2008
Went to Jashanmal. Saw the "before" DSF tag price of an item to be 40Dhs higher than its actual price on the sticker they forgot to remove. So in reality, I will only save 20Dhs- not 60Dhs for that item.
This kind of trickery is what I dont like about DSF.
pinoy1
Dubai chat master

Jan 29, 2008
But ultimately u do save something. :D Thats a plus. Went n bought some sports stuff, workout clothes etc. last night.. there's a good amt of discount on everything.. could buy stuff a lot cheaper than show room rates in India. I hadnt thought abt the DSF sales thing till i got to the store..perhaps that makes the whole difference.. they way one expects discounts. As the old saying.. Expectations create all the worries...
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Jan 29, 2008
pinoy1 wrote:This kind of trickery is what I dont like about DSF.

Complain to the Dubai Economic Department. They regulate and authorise DSF sale items.
bonk
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Jan 29, 2008
The trick here is to compare prices between sellers as well as the products specs and model year. Try asking sales person for the real deal on the floor, 'coz they know best where' the real bargain.

Free giveaways doesn't necessarily mean a good deal, check out the model year and specs of free items and deduct its prize from the so called bargain prize to see if there's a real discount.

Happy Bargain Hunting..guy and gals
:)
reviewer
Dubai Forums Veteran

DSF Jan 30, 2008
Hi,

Can you please tell me when will be held the dubai shopping festival 2009?
forzet
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Re: DSF Jan 30, 2008
forzet wrote:Can you please tell me when will be held the dubai shopping festival 2009?

Probably Jan-Feb.
bonk
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

posting in Dubai EventsForum Rules

Return to Dubai Events