Cirque Du Soleil - Quidam

Topic locked
Cirque Du Soleil - Quidam Jan 07, 2007
Well, we went last night to see this, and I have to admit, being my first one, I was very impressed with the show overall. I think its not as grand as the ones they have in the USA/Canada or other locations, but good entertainment.

It was not cheap at Dhs400 per ticket (Dhs800 VIP) but well worth it. The crowd was very good and there was NO ringing of mobile phones or lots of flash photography during the various performances.

Highly recommend this to anyone who may want to see something like this.

yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

Jan 07, 2007
Thanks for the review! We bought tickets also but will go later this month. I've only seen Cirque du Soleil on television, so am eager to see a live show. Should be fab!
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Jan 07, 2007
Morning K

You are up early!

As i said, it was my first time after not really wanting to go in the past when I had the opportunity and have to admit, it was very entertaining and what it made it even better was the reaction of the crowd to some of the performances. You could often hear "no way, how the heck did they do that?" kinda remarks.

I have to admit, the only annoying thing is that some parents really need to learn how to control their kids or leave them at home, esp at the 20:00 show.
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

Jan 07, 2007
Hey, 7 am is not bad. Been sleeping like crap lately and have been up around 4 am lately. Today is a good day :lol:

I don't understand why they don't bring their kids to the 4pm shows! Then again, people bring their kids out shopping till midnight here - the kids are so tired so bound to act up. :(

I've heard that CDS shows are like magic - quite astounding with their acrobatic feats. I'm really excited to go, and think the 400 AED will be worth it. We almost didn't buy tickets, but we didn't know when we'll have another chance to see a CDS show.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Jan 07, 2007
We went to the show on Friday it was great, i have seen the one of the shows in Vegas and ofcourse you cant match a mobile circus tent production to one that is in a permanent theatre still Quidam was great and all my friends enjoyed it alot ! its well worth the 400 dhs i think.
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jan 07, 2007
Maaad,

Agree. I heard that the shows in Vegas are pretty awesome. I would liked to have received a programme for my Dhs400, not have to pay an additional Dhs35 for it.
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

Jan 08, 2007
I'm a Cirque Junkie,

I have seen Alegria twice in Australia (Melbourne & Sydney), Quidam in Sydney and the other night again in Dubai. Quidam in Sydney seemed to be a 'bigger' production with slightly better performers. Not much between them though. Loved it both times.

I also saw Verekai in Sydney. Then went to Vegas in June '06 and caught the 'O' Show at the Bellagio. Awesome. Also saw 'Zumanity' which was a risque and somewhat erotic show. Fantastic.

They can't bring them out quick enough. Well worth the prices they charge. A little cheaper here in Dubai than in Australia and def cheaper than Vegas.

:clown:
SNA33Y
Dubai forums Addict

Jan 08, 2007
SNA33Y wrote:I'm a Cirque Junkie,

I have seen Alegria twice in Australia (Melbourne & Sydney), Quidam in Sydney and the other night again in Dubai. Quidam in Sydney seemed to be a 'bigger' production with slightly better performers. Not much between them though. Loved it both times.

I also saw Verekai in Sydney. Then went to Vegas in June '06 and caught the 'O' Show at the Bellagio. Awesome. Also saw 'Zumanity' which was a risque and somewhat erotic show. Fantastic.

They can't bring them out quick enough. Well worth the prices they charge. A little cheaper here in Dubai than in Australia and def cheaper than Vegas.

:clown:

Wow, thats some collection you have going. So Dubai was cheaper than Aus and Vegas? The mind boggles.

I also heard theat the Aus show was bigger.
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

Jan 08, 2007
Yes, the Grand Chapiteau (Tent) was a lot bigger in Australia. Imagine another tier all the way around. The prices infact are quite comparable between Australia and Dubai, not much between them. The good thing about the Dubai show with it being a smaller tent is that there really isn't a bad seat in the house. VIP section aside the tent in Dubai would have been entirely Cat A seats if it were in Australia as well as some in the second tier facing straight on (behind VIP).
SNA33Y
Dubai forums Addict

Jan 08, 2007
When i saw Mystere in Vegas we paid $100 for seats there where all the way in the back ..
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jan 09, 2007
mes goin on 19th:)
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jan 09, 2007
Is that the one at Ibn Battuta?
rossbaku
Dubai Forums Talker

Jan 10, 2007
you got that right , ibn battuta
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jan 11, 2007
I ended up on stage during the first performance :D

I kept making mistakes and the audience was in uproar at me :oops: :D
broxis11
Dubai Forum Guest

Jan 11, 2007
on the stage??? did they call ya up?
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jan 12, 2007
saw it yesterday...amazing...nice crowd.. :)
mema
Dubai forums Addict

Jan 21, 2007
amazing show:) enjoyed it a lot. shudnt miss it if people still havent seen it
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jan 21, 2007
I saw it last night and it is soooo worth the 400 AED for the ticket!

You definitely sit in awe at what these people can do with their bodies, and the creativity of the performances and music. Probably my favourite parts were the audience participation sections. I was laughing so hard I was tearing up.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Jan 23, 2007
couldnt agree more with u K the guy was good, but i was in awe of the guy and girl who were doing the balancing act, at times they seemed to defy the rules of science :)
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jan 23, 2007
I feel somewhat stupid saying this, as I usualy don't but did you notice the guy's ass?? It drove me mad!

Jeevan wrote:couldnt agree more with u K the guy was good, but i was in awe of the guy and girl who were doing the balancing act, at times they seemed to defy the rules of science :)
Shermin
Dubai Forums Member

Jan 23, 2007
awesome! i loved it!!!! and if you saw it and you noticed how their shadows were reflected on the walls it looked really beautiful, especially when hanging from the ribbons...
noni
Dubai chat master

Jan 23, 2007
Okay were the audience participants plants? the day I went they made the show, they couldn’t have chosen better people, all of them did great jobs and from comments above they were amazing on other nights as well, this got me wondering.

I was not looking forward to going as I didn’t think I would enjoy it but I was happily surprised, the price point I thought was a bit expensive for families, but wow if you can definitely check it out.
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Jan 24, 2007
Shermin wrote:I feel somewhat stupid saying this, as I usualy don't but did you notice the guy's a#s?? It drove me mad!

Jeevan wrote:couldnt agree more with u K the guy was good, but i was in awe of the guy and girl who were doing the balancing act, at times they seemed to defy the rules of science :)

Now if ur a girl definately yes :lol: :lol: cant say the same about me i am straight :) not into guys :lol:
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jan 24, 2007
fayz wrote:Okay were the audience participants plants?

actually the day we went two of them where so dumb that he had to replace them haha so i dont think they are plants.
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jan 24, 2007
MaaaD wrote:
fayz wrote:Okay were the audience participants plants?

actually the day we went two of them where so dumb that he had to replace them haha so i dont think they are plants.

Guess i got lucky, :)
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Feb 09, 2007
I visited the Cirque today.

It was so great. I loved the music!!!!!

Like a dream.....

WONDERFUL!!!! :)
Tropic23
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Feb 10, 2007
Off too see the show today (hopefully!) and now I am looking forward to it even more after reading all of the glowing reviews!
Lou
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Feb 10, 2007
Lou wrote:Off too see the show today (hopefully!) and now I am looking forward to it even more after reading all of the glowing reviews!

You will enjoy it :happy1:
Tropic23
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

posting in Dubai EventsForum Rules

Return to Dubai Events