To All MILANISTA (AC Milan Is Coming To Dubai)!

Topic locked
To all MILANISTA (AC Milan is coming to Dubai)! Dec 19, 2007
It's like a dream come true!!! AC Milan will be in Dubai starting 2nd January for a week of training and then play against UAE National team on 8th January. Including KAKA', the world's player of the year!

news: http://www.gulfnews.com/sport/Football/10175766.html

Got myself ticket booking confirmed for grand stand! Woop! Woop!

Now... anyone got information exactly on the flight, agenda, training, activities, hotels, etc? Want to take lots of photos and signature!

xty
Dubai Forums Veteran

Dec 21, 2007
Interesting! Will try to attend that game =)
liverpool4ever
Dubai Expat Helper

Jan 03, 2008
I see it´s not AC Milan, but Inter...anyways the attandance of Ajax is much more interesting!
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: To all MILANISTA (AC Milan is coming to Dubai)! Jan 06, 2008
xty wrote:
Now... anyone got information exactly on the flight, agenda, training, activities, hotels, etc? Want to take lots of photos and signature!

the team was in club 400 friday night :P
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jan 07, 2008
Visited their training days at the stadium, got some pictures and autographs.

But CURSE ADIDAS for being very unprofessional!!!
Yesterday event (getting autographs of players) at Adidas store in Festival City was a complete chaos!
Customer/fan was forced to buy Adidas-Milan merchandise (e.g. 183 dhs for a shirt, which for some people are not cheap) to take a pass for signatures. All were expecting the players to sign on it. There were hundreds of fans in queue. I was in queue for 3 hours, the front most were there for 5 hours. They open the autograph session only for 10-15 minutes (probably only 10% fans served) and the players left. The rest of the fans got disappointed and angry and yelling "cheaters!", "refund!", etc.

Even though at the end the pass holders were given ONLY a signed card, but still we want to have autographs on the shirt and see the players directly in front of our face.

What worse, they (organizer/security) put the blame on Carlo Ancelotti (coach of Milan) that he and the players decided to return to hotel. Hey! Don't blame Milan staff for your unprofessionalism! If it was very limited time, they could have estimated the time would be spent and distribute only limited numbers of passes. VERY GOOD BUSINESS ADIDAS!!! No Adidas for the sponsor of next year's season!
xty
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jan 12, 2008
I see you're a resident at 400 now MaaaD, thought you hated that place ;)

For the record, AC Milan beat UAE 2-0. Saw the other Milan team a few days before that, crowd was shit
liverpool4ever
Dubai Expat Helper

posting in Dubai EventsForum Rules

Return to Dubai Events