Winner Of The Day :D

Topic locked
Winner of the Day :D Jun 07, 2011
in almost every post I read today (yesterday as well), Shaf name is in it, or it is about Shaf, or it is from Shaf :D ...

congratulations bro :D you are so famous....

Mahmoud04
Dubai chat master

Re: Winner of the Day :D Jun 07, 2011
I think the word you are looking for is notorious, Mahmoud.
Bethsmum
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: Winner Of The Day :D Jun 07, 2011
They hate/insult him just because he's not a genuine western like them, and also a Muslim.
Although I don't agree on some of his views, but its funny how I always picture him as a fish bone stuck in their throats :mrgreen:
symmetric
BANNED

Re: Winner of the Day :D Jun 07, 2011
I like Shaf's posts. I don't always agree with him, but I like the fact that he goes balls out and just says it like it is.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Cheers Shaf, you da man, keep fingering the fanbois and trolls, keeps them from getting complacent and running amuck ! :D
desertdudeshj

I have given up trying to reason with Shaf. You can't argue with the word of god.
benwj
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Re: Winner of the Day :D Jun 08, 2011
I dunno how it is now Sym, but Shaf was always pretty well respected on these forums when I was active. Sure there were the occasional heated debates - but overall everyone seemed to be able to have civil debates in his posts.

I've always had a lot of respect for him personally.
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

bushra21 wrote:I dunno how it is now Sym, but Shaf was always pretty well respected on these forums when I was active. Sure there were the occasional heated debates - but overall everyone seemed to be able to have civil debates in his posts.

Times, they are A'Changin.

Bethsmum

bushra21 wrote:I dunno how it is now Sym, but Shaf was always pretty well respected on these forums when I was active. Sure there were the occasional heated debates - but overall everyone seemed to be able to have civil debates in his posts.

Bah ! Don't worry about it, It still the sam, just that the fanbois and phobes are upset because he calls a spade a spade and not sugar coat it.
desertdudeshj

Re: Winner Of The Day :D Jun 08, 2011
Bushra, there have been new additions to the forum who have been stirring up people, bringing out the worst in some cases.

I've found Shaf to be reasonable and open to discussion. It is those people trying to post anti-Islam propaganda, bogus stats, and use illogical comparisons that have the most problem with him.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Re: Winner Of The Day :D Jun 08, 2011
Hey - welcome back Bushra.

I like the analogy of the fishbone... I do seem to be a thorn in the sides of those who don't like facts being stated simply (and accurately).

When it comes to different opinions over religion, political theory etc - my stance still is to respect other viewpoints and to state my views as just that (my views).

When it comes to verifiable stats or historical events or legalities, I will continue to 'call a spade a spade'. It is this that seems to irritate the fanbois the most and leads to the smears of 'anti-semite', 'racist' etc. I find it very funny - but I always lump these bizare beliefs in with others who insist Obama is Muslim, the world is flat or that eh is an expert on Islam. ;)

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Keep the faith Shaf!

Nihil illegitemi carborundum!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Knight
Dubai Knight

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules