Will I Pass As Middle Eastern?

Topic locked
May 31, 2008
firefingers wrote:Ok ppl , I was just doing a research on the net about the uneducated and unemployment rate in Philippine and India, and you guys have enough problems as it is so I will stop picking on you guys in this forum. God.

Thank you. But for the record...
High unemployment rate, yes. That's why millions of us work somewhere else.
On the "uneducated rate" part, surely the UN knows its facts:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_literacy_rate
:wink:

pinoy1
Dubai chat master

May 31, 2008
puppypup wrote:I already mentioned I was from the States. So does any female have the 'hooker' reputation. I'm assuming the UAE natives don't but is everyone else 'hooker' reputation by default. Is it that bad for women?

Ayayayay,

Puppypup, What's wrong with you?
heroin
Dubai Forum Guest

May 31, 2008
heroin wrote:
puppypup wrote:I already mentioned I was from the States. So does any female have the 'hooker' reputation. I'm assuming the UAE natives don't but is everyone else 'hooker' reputation by default. Is it that bad for women?

Ayayayay,

Puppypup, What's wrong with you?

Nothing is wrong with me. I have good eyesight and have been exposed to people of various ethnicities and 'looks' unlike many in UAE.
Anyway why is your name 'heroin.' Isn't that a risque name?
puppypup
Dubai Expat Helper

Jun 02, 2008
pups i get it alot. some ppl think i m iraqi, irani or even emarati when i bloody aint even arab :D and oh when i m talking in english my accent just makes the ppl wonder where the hell am i from :D.

just ignore them and get on with your life.
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 03, 2008
rudeboy wrote:pups i get it alot. some ppl think i m iraqi, irani or even emarati when i bloody aint even arab :D and oh when i m talking in english my accent just makes the ppl wonder where the hell am i from :D.

Are you Brit or from a Commonwealth nation? That was a short direct but diplomatic response. I guess I haven't reached that 'maturity' level. I want to 'educate' everyone. I have a friend who's Spanish but he gets mistaken for Hawaiian or Southeast Asian. He said in his youth he was often defensive but as he's gotten older, it doesn't bother him as much.
Maybe I won't tell people they're (obviously) dumb when I reach my 40s or 50s.
puppypup
Dubai Expat Helper

Jun 04, 2008
puppypup wrote:
rudeboy wrote:pups i get it alot. some ppl think i m iraqi, irani or even emarati when i bloody aint even arab :D and oh when i m talking in english my accent just makes the ppl wonder where the hell am i from :D.

Are you Brit or from a Commonwealth nation? That was a short direct but diplomatic response. I guess I haven't reached that 'maturity' level. I want to 'educate' everyone. I have a friend who's Spanish but he gets mistaken for Hawaiian or Southeast Asian. He said in his youth he was often defensive but as he's gotten older, it doesn't bother him as much.

yeh am a brit citizen but minus your blonde hair and blue eyes :D. just get on with your life and let the dogs bark
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 12, 2009
rudeboy wrote:
puppypup wrote:

yeh am a brit citizen but minus your blonde hair and blue eyes :D. just get on with your life and let the dogs bark

You British? Get real...I never would have thought that. :D

Your overall responses denote an identity crisis like Pupperdipoopz :lol:
Also a minority in the good ol' empire....neglected by globalisation?

Need an island? :lol: :wink: :lol:

bark bark 8)
RobbyG
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Jul 13, 2009
Robby, get real. When was the last time U visited, let' say, Manchester? Second generation of "brits" doesn't speak english. I'll give U a pound for every pair of light eyes Ull see there - it won't break my budget.
Leda
Dubai Forums Talker

Jul 13, 2009
Chocoholic wrote:No worries hun, it's all good :D

You know my dream would be to go and live on a small island somewhere, away from all the crap, run a little coffee shop/cocktail bar on the beach, with my dogs and cats running around. To just laze the days away - ahhhh bliss!

Anyone care to join?

Hey Chocs, You've changed so much since you wrote that post( May 2008)!
We want old chocs back :D Any one else agree?
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 13, 2009
Leda wrote:Robby, get real. When was the last time U visited, let' say, Manchester? Second generation of "brits" doesn't speak english. I'll give U a pound for every pair of light eyes Ull see there - it won't break my budget.

Allright, I stand corrected 8)
RobbyG

Jul 13, 2009
Misery Called Life wrote:
Chocoholic wrote:No worries hun, it's all good :D

You know my dream would be to go and live on a small island somewhere, away from all the crap, run a little coffee shop/cocktail bar on the beach, with my dogs and cats running around. To just laze the days away - ahhhh bliss!

Anyone care to join?

Hey Chocs, You've changed so much since you wrote that post( May 2008)!
We want old chocs back :D Any one else agree?

Hallelujah Habibi :lol:
RobbyG

Jul 13, 2009
Hey PuppyPup thought this topic was familar - did you forget we went through this whole thing with you before last year

http://www.dubaiforums.com/viewtopic.ph ... sc&start=0

get over your crisis(self) again.
scarlet
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jul 13, 2009
scarlet wrote:Hey PuppyPup thought this topic was familar - did you forget we went through this whole thing with you before last year

http://www.dubaiforums.com/viewtopic.ph ... sc&start=0

get over your crisis(self) again.

She has regular sessions. But if you look good, you'll see that this topic (page 1) is older: May '08 ;)
RobbyG

Jul 13, 2009
Is there no end to this puppypoop crisis? Talk about borrrringgggg.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Jul 13, 2009
Bora Bora wrote:Is there no end to this puppypoop crisis? Talk about borrrringgggg.

Crisis? You make it sound light baby.

What about she having a depression. Thats more appropriate :)
RobbyG

Jul 13, 2009
I hope she's got a male. At last.
Leda
Dubai Forums Talker

Jul 13, 2009
Leda wrote:I hope she's got a male. At last.

Ha, she wish :D

I'm bad... I know :wink:
RobbyG

Jul 13, 2009
Have some mercy to a poor pilippina. She has at least to learn where she pees from.
Leda
Dubai Forums Talker

Jul 13, 2009
Leda wrote:Have some mercy to a poor pilippina. She has at least to learn where she pees from.

You make it sound like I'm the bully here. You bully :wink:
RobbyG

Jul 13, 2009
Bora Bora wrote:Is there no end to this puppypoop crisis? Talk about borrrringgggg.

spot on :lol:
xero_
Dubai forums Addict

Jul 13, 2009
Leda wrote:Have some mercy to a poor pilippina. She has at least to learn where she pees from.

im Filipino, what exactly do you mean? learn how to spell at least :o
xero_
Dubai forums Addict

Jul 13, 2009
xero_ wrote:

im Filipino, what exactly do you mean? learn how to spell at least :o

1. I know how to spell it; 2. "There had been history before u were born"; 3. When I need a lesson I'll ask for it. 4. .
P.s. for your night's sleep sake: do U bother to read at least the first post in the thread? In some cases it just helps to maintain menthal balance.
Leda
Dubai Forums Talker

Jul 13, 2009
I've seen a pic of Puppypup and yea she can definitely pass of for Middle Eastern.
Filipino, I don't think so. Pinoy's have delicate, petite features. Puppypup has stronger, broader features.
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 14, 2009
Misery Called Life wrote:I've seen a pic of Puppypup and yea she can definitely pass of for Middle Eastern.
Filipino, I don't think so. Pinoy's have delicate, petite features. Puppypup has stronger, broader features.

This blogger might help Puppypoopz.

How to identify Filipinos: http://macnamerica.blogspot.com/2006/05 ... -kayo.html
RobbyG

Jul 14, 2009
Oh no! I don't want to die young!!! I havent opened the link :D I need a smiley wearing a burqah
Leda
Dubai Forums Talker

Jul 14, 2009
Misery Called Life wrote:I've seen a pic of Puppypup and yea she can definitely pass of for Middle Eastern.

you must not think very highly of middle eastern...woman then - no way in hell can she pass for one, at all
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 14, 2009

Does she looking something like this?

Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Jul 14, 2009
OMG thats just disgusting

moooooommmmmmmaaaaaa :cry:
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 14, 2009
Where have u all seen puppy's picture?
Leda
Dubai Forums Talker

Jul 14, 2009
FFS - this thread was started over a year ago - PLEASE can we let it DIE already!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat