West Hams New Stadium

Topic locked
West Hams New Stadium Jun 10, 2013
Take a look at this Video, West Ham will have the best ground in the Country;

http://worldsoccertalk.com/2013/04/19/w ... ium-video/

sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: West Hams New Stadium Jun 11, 2013
Football temples. Interesting subject. If this goes through, will you get nostalgic for the old stadium? Old stadiums breath football, you can feel the football heart pumping.
Oh, I remember the old days. My provincial club (bankrupt now), my one and only unconditional love for a football team. Rain, wind, severe bad football all never stopped me. The stadium was on a hill. As kids we took the bike on the hill. Entrance was only what is now 1 Euro. One season we played in the highest league. We got very good results against top teams, but didnot remain in the league. On Sundays I wasnot allowed to pay to watch football, so I climbed in a tree, where you could see half the pitch. The stadium is still there. Trees growing out of the stands. But it is still my stadium. Many good times, and the new generation, although they never seen a game still know the stories about the "untakeble castle on the hill", and the heroic stories of games against PSV, Ajax and so on. It is still holy ground. I remember a guy named "Teus", he lived in an institute because of a very low IQ. The football games were his only days out of it. When asked for his prediction before the game, he always answered two-zeroooooo...ole ole ole and started singing. When the team was behind he started to do a warm up as if he was going to be on the pitch in a few minutes. The spectators loved him. When we get together for a beer nowadays we still sometimes wonder what became of Teus. God bless for people like Teus.
The other teams got their new stadiums, The Hague and Ajax. In the new The Hague stadium I still miss the atmoshere of the old "Zuiderpark". Zuiderpark was another temple. Supporters with fixed seats/places for seasons got dispersed in the new stadium. I even miss the horrible toilets under the stands of the old stadium. One game against Feyenoord I also watched in a tree. The police came and told me to get out. I told them to get me if they could. They did. :-). Good times :-). Now, there are no trees around modern stadiums to watch a game :-(.

Ajax used to play in the Meer and big games in the Olympic stadiums. In the Olympic stadium, when Ajax scored you could feel the whole stadium moving up and down, it actually scared me a bit, especially when standing second ring. The Meer was a football temple, the new stadium, the ArenA, still misses that feeling.

When watching the vid, I didnot like the atlethics track around it, because spectators should sit as close as possible to the pitch (that is why I dislike Italian stadiums). Happily later on it was explained stands can move closer duing football games.
Good luck with the new Hammer stadium, and hopefully you will see many good games played there.
FlyingDutchman
Dubai forums Addict

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat