Da Vinci Code

Topic locked
da vinci code Jul 28, 2005
is anybody into books ?

I have read this Dan Brown book "DA VINCI CODE" it deals with Leonardo Da Vince secret code in the last supper and the "holy Grail".

it created debates because it shock the religious community regarding its revelation.

kyle
Dubai Forums Member

Re: da vinci code Jul 28, 2005
kyle wrote:is anybody into books ?

I have read this Dan Brown book "DA VINCI CODE" it deals with Leonardo Da Vince secret code in the last supper and the "holy Grail".

it created debates because it shock the religious community regarding its revelation.

I really wasn't too big a fan of Brown's writing 'skills'. He threw some supposed facts into a story line which didn't flow very well. Although he's quite good at presenting turns in the story, etc, the fact that he used 'fact' to create an interest is a shame- some of his statements have already been disproven, and many are still up for debate.

I still have to read his other books though.
BobbieMasoner
Dubai forums Addict

Jul 28, 2005
I wouldn't be surprised if the Vatican is withholding some information from people (Catholics and other Christians) that would make the church look pretty bad....
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 28, 2005
I thought the Davinci Code was genius, I found it enthralling and couldn't put the book down until I'd finished it. Fact or not it's a good book.

Thousands of people are now following the Davinci trail, going to all the places in the book, and a film is slated to go into production late this year starring Tom Hanks in the lead role.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jul 28, 2005
I thought it was interesting too and I'm reading one of his other ones now. They are very John Grisham - ie, page turners, but not necessarily spectacular from a literary point of view.
KC
Dubai Forums Member

Re: da vinci code Jul 28, 2005

not yet... but its the next book on my list. btw, have u read angels & demons? some says they enjoyed reading angels & demons than da vinci code... i'll say my piece once i'm done with da vinci :)
panaghoy
Dubai Forums Frequenter

yjr fr bomvo vpfr Jul 28, 2005
i thought de vinci code was brilliant, compelling, a real page turner - read it in one sitting. angels & deamons was pretty good, and digital fortress so-so.

whether it's based on "fact" or not... i think that the whole purpose of the book is for people to challenge the accepted facts and open their minds to another versions of events.
it has probably prompted many readers to do futher reading into related topics which they may not have done - how many of you who read the book looked up a copy of the last supper on the internet to check???

.... history is always written by the victor!
dbxsoul
Honored Member

Jul 28, 2005
Gotta give it to Kyle for coming up with this topic.
I got Da Vinci's Angels and Demons on Cd and got Da Vinci Code on Cd and the book. Dont have me the patience to listen to Angel and Demons. Had to bribe an ex-colleague to download it off the net illegally, shhh!!! Agreed his writing skill doesnt match up to my standards ;) but his story Im sure fares well for tourism in Europe and Hollywood.
Must say, the book got me thinking about my faith, got to hand it to Brown for doing that.
Anyone else thinks Jesus had a wife and offspring(s)? :shock: (ops, did I just give away the .... oh ho :twisted: )
preciousmissunderstood
Dubai Forums Member

Jul 28, 2005
I wouldn't be surprised if he did and I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't. Jesus was a man. Like any man he had the freedom of choice in whether or not to take a mate.

The Quran doesn't mention him having a mate, but it doesn't say he didn't either.
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 29, 2005
can wait for the movie..
Mr. Hatrickz
Dubai Forum Visitor

Aug 12, 2005
Chocoholic wrote:I thought the Davinci Code was genius, I found it enthralling and couldn't put the book down until I'd finished it. Fact or not it's a good book.

Thousands of people are now following the Davinci trail, going to all the places in the book, and a film is slated to go into production late this year starring Tom Hanks in the lead role.

from what i've heard back it would be matt damon. but russel crow fits the character, dont you think

smile :wink:
kyle
Dubai Forums Member

Aug 13, 2005
No it's definately Tom Hanks, directed by the awsome Ron Howard - still can't believe he used to be Ritchie in Happy Days.

Cast so far:

Tom Hanks .... Robert Langdon
Audrey Tautou .... Sophie Neveu
Ian McKellen .... Sir Leigh Teabing
Alfred Molina .... Bishop Aringarosa
Jean Reno .... Bezu Fache
rest of cast listed alphabetically:
Paul Bettany .... Silas
Etienne Chicot .... Opus Dei Member
Seth Gabel
Jean-Pierre Marielle .... Jacques Sauniere

For all things movie go to www.imdb.com
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Aug 13, 2005
i find this book really interesting, i couldn't put it down.. and did finished it in 3 nights with me highlighting some facts to search in the net the next morning..

can't wait for the movie..
keihl
Dubai Forum Visitor

Aug 13, 2005
since my girl cant stop babling about that book a frew months back .... as what youve seen ... not onloy that she had finished the book in 3 days and actually research about some stuff on the net ... i found my self listening to a 5 day book review by non other than . :roll: ... but i do think its interesting ... according to her ... im planning on buying the book ... but i think id hold and wait for he movie then ... wait ... hey do you still have it though ?? (talking to kheil) can i borrow it ?
mAJOR pAIN
Dubai Expat Helper

Re: da vinci code Aug 13, 2005
panaghoy wrote:

not yet... but its the next book on my list. btw, have u read angels & demons? some says they enjoyed reading angels & demons than da vinci code... i'll say my piece once i'm done with da vinci :)

i went to city center looking for angels and demons (i mean the book) but i cant find any,, id like to surf the net and look for the "last suffer"painting but my network is blocked :oops: :oops: im using a company internet :oops:
kyle
Dubai Forums Member

Aug 14, 2005
I don't get it....
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: da vinci code Aug 14, 2005
kyle wrote:
panaghoy wrote:

i went to city center looking for angels and demons (i mean the book) but i cant find any,, id like to surf the net and look for the "last suffer"painting but my network is blocked :oops: :oops: im using a company internet :oops:

r u saying u wanna borrow my book?
panaghoy
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Aug 15, 2005
It was entertaining and made me think, but that's about it. Only believe half the things you see and not a damn thing you hear!!!!
Pumpkin Escobar
Dubai chat master

Aug 15, 2005
it was an interesting book, u read thru it and sets u thinking ..is it possible. The ending was a bit disappointing compared to rest of the book.
out of his 4 books I think the readable are only Da vinci code and angels and demons..
gumick23
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Aug 16, 2005
The Da Vinci Code is currently being filmed in Licolnshire in the UK and has already attracted protestors including a bunch of elderly nuns!

Hilarious - people IT'S A MOVIE!!!!!

Tom Hanks is looking seriously ropey though, quick get the make-up artists to that man NOW! :lol:
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Aug 17, 2005
Just to show hypocritical the church can be, the Dean of the cathedral where they're shooting the movie has branded the Da Vinci Code complete Tosh - yet he still accepted 650,000 Dhs for the crew to shoot there.

Flippin' money grabbers - wonder where that's going to go?
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Aug 17, 2005
to buy gifts for the church lil boys :P
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat