Umrah From Dubai...

Topic locked
Umrah from Dubai... May 06, 2006
I need to know: can I go for umrah from dubai without involving agents/tour operators? Y'ani... I take my passport to Saudi embassy, get a visa, buy an Air Arabia ticket (for dates that suit me) to Jiddah and simply fly, reach Makkah and go to a hotel of my choice, also go to madinah using the transport I like on dates I choose...

Or must I go through that agent thing and be bound to their schedules, means of transport, choice of hotels while they keep my air ticket and / or passport in their custody while I am in the Kingdom?

To go for Umrah from Dubai, what are the procedures involved? Has anyone an experience of going to makkah by road from dubai and back?

sabiqoon
Dubai Forums Member

May 06, 2006
Yes you can.
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: Umrah from Dubai... May 07, 2006
sabiqoon wrote:To go for Umrah from Dubai, what are the procedures involved? Has anyone an experience of going to makkah by road from dubai and back?

AFAIK, many people do this privately as well as with organised trips. Border crossing is slow and tedious at the best of times though.
sharewadi
Dubai Expat Helper

May 10, 2006
I just got back from my Umrah trip.....

You have'nt mentioned your nationality - but unless you are a GCC national, you will need to show a hotel booking + air booking + funds when you apply for your visa at the saudi embassy.

Also - from what I am told, you wont be able to drive through the Saudi border with your family on an UMRAH visa. You can only fly in through Jeddah / Madinah airport.

I know some agents can still get you visas without bookings etc - but they are cutting corners / using loopholes in the system.
evolve
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat