Taking My UAE Car Outside The UAE

Topic locked
Taking my UAE car outside the UAE May 29, 2006
Hey ppl...

Does anyone have any experience shipping their UAE registered car outside the country to use somewhere else for a month or so?
I plan on going to Beirut throughout June, I thought maybe I would save on rental charges if I just shipped my car there for the month.
Does anyone know how much this would cost? Has anyone done something similar before? Any contacts (companies, websites, phone numbers) would be highly appreciated!

Thanks!

sleepless.in.dubai
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

May 29, 2006
You can drive a UAE plated car without any problems in Lebanon for this short time frame. You will need to purchase additional insurance when you are there since 99.9% chance your UAE insurance will not provide coverage there.

If you like driving, you can drive your car to Lebanon. I know many people who drive to Jordan and Syria in summer and its not all that bad :)

Shipping will be expensive but cheaper than renting in Lebanon.
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 29, 2006
First off have you driven in Lebanon before? it is crazier than here. I know lots of coworkers that drive home to Jordan in the summer but as you need to go through Saudi your gender, nationality, travelling companions may not make this all that feasible.

I've always wanted to do a huge road trip in the region. if you decide to drive please let us know how you make out.
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

May 29, 2006
Liban thx for the quick reply:)

Do you have any contacts so I can get a price quote? Do you know if insurance is 100% needed in Lebanon? They won't let me drive without it?
sleepless.in.dubai
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

May 29, 2006
Fayz absolutely, I'm Lebanese and trust me I know what you mean (Dubai is seriously a walk in the park compared to driving in Lebanon)
I don't have the luxury of time to drive all the way to Beirut and back, so I'm planning on just shipping my car and picking it up when I get to the airport.
One day I'll pull off a looooooong road trip. It's one of those things you always wanted to do but never really got around to doing :?
sleepless.in.dubai
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

May 29, 2006
Anyone got some contacts? :?:
sleepless.in.dubai
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

May 29, 2006
Sorry bro I have no clue.

Try to call up some cargo handlers and ask about RORO (Roll On Roll Off) to Beirut Port.

Here is a list:

http://www.arabo.com/links/,199,225,197 ... 2,205,228/
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 30, 2006
sounds pretty expensive to ship all the way to beirut for one month. how expensive can renting be?

liban, why don't you lend him that donkey you had in that picture :lol:
terranova
Dubai Forums Frequenter

May 30, 2006
Lebanon is full of donkeys... There should be no problems finding one there...

I know there are at least 4 million of them with about 2 million donkeys in Beirut alone!!! :) :lol:

PS - I am Lebanese so I can make such jokes :D
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 30, 2006
i hear the parties are awesome in beirut. our promoters go down there regularly to run some events.

i finally got the residency visa today so will be traveling out there soon.. can't wait to meet see the female donkeys (asses :?: no pun intended :lol: )
terranova
Dubai Forums Frequenter

May 30, 2006
If you want easy ladies, go to Jounieh.... Even the locals there are...ummm...loose....
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat