Re: Sushi Jul 08, 2010
McDonalds near Al Ghurair City
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

spoonman wrote:Hey,

Can anyone recommend a good sushi place? Preferably not very expensive

cheers

Apparently Atlantis are offering very cheap Sammy Sushi Specials at the moment. The offer is on every night for at least the next 3 years or until it runs out.

:lol:
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Perhaps somebody can help me. There is this great cheap sushi restaurant in a dusty street in Deira.
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: Sushi Jul 09, 2010
Flying Dutchman wrote:Perhaps somebody can help me. There is this great cheap sushi restaurant in a dusty street in Deira.

That is the fish market.

Just doing work related research on all the sushi outlets in Dubai. Will be able to provide a comprehensive list of the winners and losers fairly soon. So far the ones I can comment on are as follows:

Sumo Sushi and Bento (several outlets around town) the one in Town Centre mall on the beach road is not too bad. Well presented and good value for money.

Hatty Ghatto - Emirates Towers. Very expensive but nicely presented.

The sushi bar - The Fairmont. Up and coming but still way overpriced.

Yo! Sushi. Bur Juman (the original outlet) and now in Festival City. Like McDonalds of sushi but be careful, those little coloured plates can add up to a huge bill just to satisfy an average appetite.

Sushi Sushi - JBR. Very average.

Ones to avoid:

Japengo (several outlets) they try to serve such a wide variety that they miss on all of them (apart from their Nasi Goreng, which is quite passable) the sushi is dry and tasteless.

Itsu - Dubai Marina near Spinneys. Tired and run down. Due to be renovated soon.

Will update as I get around a little more.

8) 8) 8)

Knight
Dubai Knight

Re: Sushi Jul 09, 2010
Whoa, hold up, wait a minute!!!!

You missed out the VERY best sushi joint in Dubai - Bentoya! It's in the back of one of the little buildings next to the Dusit hotel.

The fish is very good, their Gyoza dumblings are amazing and the Teriyaki meatballs with raw egg are fantastic. It's reasonable in price. The don't serve alcohol - BUT you know it's good, because it's always full of Japanese!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: Sushi Jul 10, 2010
Chocoholic wrote:Whoa, hold up, wait a minute!!!!

You missed out the VERY best sushi joint in Dubai - Bentoya! It's in the back of one of the little buildings next to the Dusit hotel.

The fish is very good, their Gyoza dumblings are amazing and the Teriyaki meatballs with raw egg are fantastic. It's reasonable in price. The don't serve alcohol - BUT you know it's good, because it's always full of Japanese!

I know the place but haven't had a chance to test it yet. Its on the list!

8) 8) 8)

Knight
Dubai Knight

Re: Sushi Jul 12, 2010
Chocoholic wrote:Whoa, hold up, wait a minute!!!!

By little buildings, do you mean Tampax Towers,the ones full trolley dollies, much Japanese these days.
benwj
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Re: Sushi Jul 14, 2010
No douche! Next tod the Dusit, there are four smaller buildings with Sketchers, Axiom etc etc in them. Bentoya is round the back of one of them.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: Sushi Jul 11, 2013
Try to eat in http://www.sushicounter.com/ they have a good sushi there. I always order their platter sushi and Pomegranate. Super love them!
abriannerossi
Dubai Forums Member

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat