SPELLING MISTAKES COST MILLIONS

Topic locked
SPELLING MISTAKES COST MILLIONS Jul 14, 2011
Most of you thought that my attempts to cleanse the forum of errors inflicted by the few uneducated forumers was trivial and unnecessary.

Well shock horror!I'm a girl just doing her bit for the forum and society in general, but the few among us did not appreciate the efforts exerted by myself.

What will you say when you are taxed because of the cost impact caused by your ignorance?

I have counted some of my efforts in this forum alone where I would estimate that a six figure sum has already been saved.

Argue if you can with the link below!

DDS, you count for the majority of the savings for info.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-14130854

spellcheckergirl
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Re: SPELLING MISTAKES COST MILLIONS Jul 14, 2011
Don bovver me,

I always get my wucking murds fuddled...

8) 8) 8)

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: SPELLING MISTAKES COST MILLIONS Jul 14, 2011
Dubai Knight wrote:Don bovver me,

I always get my wucking murds fuddled...

8) 8) 8)

Knight

50 dollars in one post DK
drewpeacock
Dubai chat master

Re: SPELLING MISTAKES COST MILLIONS Jul 15, 2011
The thing that gets up my nose is text talk. I really hate ppl, coz and all that rubbish. If you are going to write something in English, please don't use text talk. It's so sloppy!

Why do some people have a problem with 'your' and 'you're'? I'm not just talking about the odd slip up, which we all make, but some people just can't see the difference between 'your' and 'you are'.

I dread having to counter sign letters my team writes at work. You have to tip toe round them incase you offend someone when telling them they can't spell to save their lives. I had a girl in my team who always said she couldn't spell, I used to think she was just thick, full stop. My thoughts were confirmed one Christmas, when we had a bit of a quiz in the office.

A question for Emma! 'Emma, how many members are in the boy band, 'Five'?''
She thought for a while...
'Four!' came the answer....
Bethsmum
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: SPELLING MISTAKES COST MILLIONS Jul 16, 2011
I agree about the text speak, it drives me insane. Also they're having a major issue with it amongst school children, many are now writing their essays and exam papers in the short hand - obviously they're failing miserably. There is a time and a place for it - forums and written communications, is not it! Apart from in an SMS where it's supposed to be.

But it does make me wonder if it's all inhibiting youngsters abilities to learn things properly these days.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat