Solo Traveller Help...

Topic locked
Solo Traveller help... Nov 04, 2013
Hi, my first post so go easy on me :D

Im travelling to Pert end of November, decided to stop over in Dubai for a couple of days (Friday-Sunday evening)

Originally I was staying with a friend who lives there but he has been told he will be working in India for a few weeks and my dates fall slap bang in the middle.

I've booked a hotel and things, but im a little out my depth on my own I think, never travelled alone before and a little shy :?

So whats the best things to do if you are on your own in Dubai? Or to meet people out there who may be solo travellers too? or just want to hang out.

As i say a little out my comfort zone here so any help is appreciated. haha

manchestermike
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: Solo Traveller Help... Nov 08, 2013
What sort of things do you like to do and where are you staying? I often have a look around on my own.
BMreformed
Dubai chat master

Re: Solo Traveller Help... Nov 10, 2013
I suggest you hang out in the Dubai Mall area. Lots of stuff to do there. In fact I'd go on saying that Dubai Mall itself is a small city on its own, so much going on. Also see Dubai Marina.
prowheels
Dubai forums Addict

Re: Solo Traveller Help... Nov 11, 2013
Personally I'm not keen on the Malls. Nice to see but you could be in any country. I prefer the Creek area. It's much more interesting.
BMreformed
Dubai chat master

Re: Solo Traveller Help... Nov 12, 2013
Hi, thanks for your replies so far, quite helpful, to be honest into anything, just at a bit of a loose end with what to do with myself for 3 nights 2 days lol.

Im staying the jumeirah area, how much am i looking at in a taxi from the airport do you think? Also would I look out of place on the beach on my own?

the Malls i will be having a look around as now its winter in UK i cannot find holiday clothes anyway! left it a little late i think!

Also i was wondering about the Metro, how does it work? (Obviously i now its on a track ha) but ticket wise? :-)

And any bars where it might be quiet to watch the Football on Saturday recommended?

Thanks again
manchestermike
Dubai Forum Guest

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat