Sheiks

Topic locked
sheiks Aug 15, 2005
My family friends have been living in Dubai for about 2 months. I say that they love Dubai... but the only main thing they dislike are the sheiks. The sheiks, they say, can get away from practically anything. My family has bought a apartment in Dubai in the marina scape buildings, by the way. Anyways we are plannin on moving there too but we are still concerned about the sheiks and how we would deal with them. I am only 15, but one day me and my girl friend went into McDonalds. While waiting in line... one sheiks just comes up and cuts the whole line. And another thing. As being a muslim, you are not supposed to drink alchohal. BUT EVERY SHEIK THERE DRINKS. AND SLEEPS WITH ANY WOMAN THEY WANT. IT JUST PISSES ME OFF THAT THEY CAN WALK AROUND DUBAI ACTING LIKE THEY OWN THE FREKIN PLACE...

baba90
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Aug 15, 2005
hi my dear friend,

i am a sheikh, and yes i do own the freakin place. but please dont hurt my feelings like that.

so what if i drink alcohol, and sleep with any woman i want.. i mean i am human after all. plus this whole cutting the line thing, come on dude its not that bad is it ?

Dont be worried about my species, we are nice people if you get to know us. I mean come on we hang out at McDonalds you know I'm lovin it and stuff ..

give us a break, its really tough to be a sheikh, you dont want to be me for a day.

yours truly,

the heart broken sheikh
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 15, 2005
Hahahaha Very funny.

Most locals I know aren't like this at all.

Yes my friend you're right in that it can seem very hypocritical to see locals drinking and messing about, but the whole got to get in front attitude is a problem among many nationalities in Dubai, why do you think there are so many accidents on the roads, because people JUST CAN'T WAIT THEIR TURN.

If someone queue jumps me in a supermarket, I just say REALLY LOUDLY 'Excuse ME but there is a queue you know!" It normally embarrasses them enough to go to the back.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Aug 25, 2005
Chocoholic wrote:If someone queue jumps me in a supermarket, I just say REALLY LOUDLY 'Excuse ME but there is a queue you know!" It normally embarrasses them enough to go to the back.

This doesn't just apply to Sheiks but many third world countries have the push your way first or you don't get served! Being an bloody load American, I too don't have any issues with tell people to get back into line and that we are all waiting. And Choc is right, most of the time they get in the back of the line and wait... You do your dirty looks but hey it is worth it, in the name of civilization. :D

Stainless
stainless
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Re: sheiks Sep 01, 2005
baba90 wrote:My family friends have been living in Dubai for about 2 months. I say that they love Dubai... but the only main thing they dislike are the sheiks. The sheiks, they say, can get away from practically anything. My family has bought a apartment in Dubai in the marina scape buildings, by the way. Anyways we are plannin on moving there too but we are still concerned about the sheiks and how we would deal with them. I am only 15, but one day me and my girl friend went into McDonalds. While waiting in line... one sheiks just comes up and cuts the whole line. And another thing. As being a muslim, you are not supposed to drink alchohal. BUT EVERY SHEIK THERE DRINKS. AND SLEEPS WITH ANY WOMAN THEY WANT. IT JUST PISSES ME OFF THAT THEY CAN WALK AROUND DUBAI ACTING LIKE THEY OWN THE FREKIN PLACE...

sweet heart relax !!!

Two things are infinite in middle east , oil and human stupidity ;0) I am sure about former but have 101% doubt about later .....

The difference between a sheikh and Arabic is that ………..sheikh are from royal family and Arabic (local) are not ………….wearing white dress from head to toe doesn’t make someone sheikh ;0) !! its same as donkey put the dress of lion ;0)

well i dont think that Sheikh are bad people , but its arabic ppl from other countries ........they are so stupid , il-mannerd !! idont know how to behave ..........

you are 15 and you got girl friend and u r preaching other about islam..........GF is not considered halal in Islam , isnt ?
damit , gals ruined our new generation !!

HP
Dubai Forums Knight

Sep 01, 2005
wow HP. think you might need to tame your views, or you won't be too highly regarded around these parts. :?
BobbieMasoner
Dubai forums Addict

Sep 01, 2005
BobbieMasoner wrote:wow HP. think you might need to tame your views, or you won't be too highly regarded around these parts. :?

tame my views concerning sheikh? or about arabs from other countries? may be you have good experience but i generally consider them rude and manner less ppl !!You have 100% right to disagree with my views !! but I ll say what I see around .......

Generalizing is something which is everywhere , if you travel in London underground (while having black hair) , ppl ll change the compartment ;0)
HP
Dubai Forums Knight

Sep 01, 2005
You are on a Dubai forum- maybe a little respect for Dubai? :roll:
BobbieMasoner
Dubai forums Addict

Sep 01, 2005
I agree with Bobbie,

Chill out a bit there.

And the comment about girls ruining your generation or whatever, don't sling comments like that around.

Plus could you make your sentences a bit more conherant, we're not texting here.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Sep 01, 2005
HP, I seriously think you should rephrase your words next time you post. You are on a Dubai forum and there are many arabs on this forum, myself included. I am not a UAE local though.

The only person that is rude here is you with your racist comment. Also you are a major $eXist when you blabber about girls ruining your generation.

If you feel inferior to arabs and also have been rejected by women all your life, this is not the way to redeem yourself!!! :evil:
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 01, 2005
Liban wrote:HP, I seriously think you should rephrase your words next time you post. You are on a Dubai forum and there are many arabs on this forum, myself included. I am not a UAE local though.

The only person that is rude here is you with your racist comment. Also you are a major $eXist when you blabber about girls ruining your generation.

If you feel inferior to arabs and also have been rejected by women all your life, this is not the way to redeem yourself!!! :evil:

sure man , we always have respect for arabs , if you have doubt u can see our pakistani passport'' valid for all countries except Israel" !! hehehe rejected by women, na man trust me i am too smart ;0) !! i remember i was model with iraqi and lenbese gal in march this year and they were quite friendly......i been having friendship wid arab gals here .....

But i think arab gal r bit different from euro arab gals...........
HP
Dubai Forums Knight

hi Sep 25, 2005
Guys....

Believe me when I tell you this......

The problem with Dubai isnt the locals or the Arabs.....the problem is the pace of life......dubai is alll hustle and bustle....dont you think.....

Any country that grows a certain amount and has a high population experiences a lot of such problems:

Look at cities like New york, bombay, toronto......all these problems have probelms like :

road rage

cutting in line

a**holes

showing you the middle finger even though they dont know you.....

I am in Canada right now, and all the ppl who cut in front of you are old, white ppl....imagine that!

But what can you do?

Sometimes you gotta let shit slide.....so just chill and relax..... :D

Plus I have noticed that the more you take seriously and become tense over little things, the more these things keep happening to you....

If you really have a problem with bossy, arrogant ppl......,move to a small town......where the pace of life is more calm and relaxed....

peace!
kayvee
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Sep 25, 2005
Well true to an extent, but I get irritated when people compare the pace of life to places like New York, London, Tokyo etc as people seem to think that they've become big city dwellers once they've moved to Dubai and it's so not true, these other places are far more hectic and stressful.

It's very easy to chill out in Dubai, it's just some people are idiots.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: sheiks Sep 25, 2005
baba90 wrote:My family friends have been living in Dubai for about 2 months. I say that they love Dubai... but the only main thing they dislike are the sheiks. The sheiks, they say, can get away from practically anything. My family has bought a apartment in Dubai in the marina scape buildings, by the way. Anyways we are plannin on moving there too but we are still concerned about the sheiks and how we would deal with them. I am only 15, but one day me and my girl friend went into McDonalds. While waiting in line... one sheiks just comes up and cuts the whole line. And another thing. As being a muslim, you are not supposed to drink alchohal. BUT EVERY SHEIK THERE DRINKS. AND SLEEPS WITH ANY WOMAN THEY WANT. IT JUST PISSES ME OFF THAT THEY CAN WALK AROUND DUBAI ACTING LIKE THEY OWN THE FREKIN PLACE...

Hi there, well first of all welcome to my country & you have nothing to fear at all. I'm a national from Abu Dhabi. A Sheikh is first and far most a tribal leader that follows a strict and sometimes very unforgiving tribal code. Having said this, it is true that some people have an attitude of superiority with regards to our foreign guests, yet as in any country, we have people from different walks of life who have different attitudes towards one another.

Not every Sheikh drinks or "gets any women" he wants, but for the ones that do its their own private life. If they party in a club and go to Friday prayers the next day its a matter that only concerns them. I don't beleive anyone ever came to you and started directly preaching religious or ethical matters.

And yes, the country does absolutely belong to us - we do own the place and many of us see our foreign guests as our partners and friends. So just take it easy and enjoy yourself.
samy_solo
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Sep 26, 2005
Good point...In fact I think in more hectic places, the hustle and bustle masks the idiot factor a bit...I mean when you're always on the go and stressed out, who really takes time to dwell on the morons? You just take it in your stride, perhaps swallow some pride, and just move on coz you don't have time! In Dubai, on the other hand, you have plenty of time to ruminate, and hence get caught up in the annoyances, we let them rankle us...I think the general bad attitude is due to apathy and disdain from living in a fragmented temporary society...there's no real feel of community on a whole, just smaller cliques

[quote="Chocoholic"]Well true to an extent, but I get irritated when people compare the pace of life to places like New York, London, Tokyo etc as people seem to think that they've become big city dwellers once they've moved to Dubai and it's so not true, these other places are far more hectic and stressful.

It's very easy to chill out in Dubai, it's just some people are idiots.[/quote]
Nik
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Oct 24, 2005
no i love dubai...its an amazing place...it just that my friends had bad issues with some of the people there...
baba90
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Dec 20, 2005
i hate to point out the obvious but the sheiks do own the freaking place!
unfortunately it's not them so much that are the rude, arrogant, pushy people that you meet in public every day. those are the locals who believe that because it is their country, they are entitled to be rude arrogant and pushy.
moonbaby
Dubai Forums Member

Dec 21, 2005
moonbaby wrote:i, they are entitled to be rude arrogant and pushy.

Wrong nobody is entilted to be pushy and arrogant :?
175bpm
Dubai Forums Veteran

Dec 22, 2005
[/quote]unfortunately it's not them so much that are the rude, arrogant, pushy people that you meet in public every day. those are the locals who believe that because it is their country, they are entitled to be rude arrogant and pushy

As the wife of one of those "locals" Id like to point out that that they are not all bad people!!Every race has their own goodies and baddies!!
Those locals who play the "this is my country" card, in most situations do so because of the antics of the expats(of all nationalities) against them!!

Please also remember that not all locals speak english!!!Sometimes, ignorance can be perceived as arrogance!!

The same people who complain here about Dubai and the nationals, I bet have relatives all over the UK or Europe, desperately trying to get a passport of that country..why?

Because being a national of a country, gives you more rights!!!

Please dont stereotype...........we dont like it done to us do we? :)
SheikhaS
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Dec 23, 2005
:lol:
AhmedBinAbdullah
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Re: sheiks Jan 25, 2006
HP wrote:

sweet heart relax !!!

Two things are infinite in middle east , oil and human stupidity ;0) I am sure about former but have 101% doubt about later .....

The difference between a sheikh and Arabic is that ………..sheikh are from royal family and Arabic (local) are not ………….wearing white dress from head to toe doesn’t make someone sheikh ;0) !! its same as donkey put the dress of lion ;0)

well i dont think that Sheikh are bad people , but its arabic ppl from other countries ........they are so stupid , il-mannerd !! idont know how to behave ..........

******** please HP only .. not to someone else ******
With all respect to the nice and kind people here regardless from where you are. I don’t mean to hurt anyone with my words… but this is for HP only

All this just gave me an insight about the kind of person you really are.

That Just show how much you know about cultures. And what an open mind you have to trying to understand new things.

So .. you wana tell me that you what you have seen just happens in Dubai only?!!!.. not in Europe ?.. not on the US? or any other place on earth?.. Its just here right Smarty?

Yes, there is stupidity. and there is madness.. But have you asked your self… why?? Its so clear.. With documents all over the world online and available with me even .. That’s it’s because of your own sneaky governments who are still working to keep this stupidity till today and as long as they could (am not talking about the westrn nations- coz they don’t know what exactly going on and i don’t blame most of them)

So now...after those "Arabs" who were the leaders of the world… Now and after 150 years they become like this. Their ruins and stolen libraries are still talking about them... check them out.

If you are so much knowledgeable about cultures and civilisations and you gave your self the right to judge … then... Tell me something... how did your home country was looking like 200 years ago....

or lets not go back this much, lets ask about what the REAL situation there right now... take off that mask which covering the truth. It might look great and nice... but the society is almost to collapse

but anyhow.. A healthily mind will not stand disabled to recognize the truth....

I will take this example... And its just an example … if an Arab saw something... and lets say a woman half naked and denied that, he will be described as a savage, barbarian person... why? Because he doesn’t have the open mind to understand the western culture.... and he shouldn’t be that much stuck to his morals and ethics which are still standing since centuries...

Why you HP, don’t try to understand his culture and since you are in his home town...try to respect that. and if you consider your self an open minded person... try to understand that.

YES... there are many stupid things... and I am not saying to be stupid... but be smart and try to understand why?

We are a nation which is 7000 years old, our countries still could till today “the cradle of civilizations” – whom your people destroyed across time - with amazing achievements which people like you have stolen in the time we got weak and they claimed it to them selves. We have been left with a situation your governments have forced... and its not easy to be changed... coz nowadays any one will try to change this by even using something like the word (NO) will be accused as (a terrorist).

I have seen from people who considered them selves as civilised people graceful things while I was watching… but at that time I tried to understand where even sometimes they were messing with me. No because I am afraid… but because I understand.

Again ...Yes there is an undeniable stupidity... and YES, I blame your governments for this stupidity and ridiculous situation, you want to know WHY and HOW? Read the history... I mean THE TRUE history.

and by the way... i get hurrased from time to time by the rude things locals would do.. but i have the ability to recognise the real locals from the LOCALIZED once... original once r so good and kind and i have many friends... so its a complecated matter
Intimacy
Dubai forums Addict

Jan 25, 2006
I agree with you fully. However HP is not Western but Pakistani...

Although he worships the West and white people and curses his own... He is a disgrace and I spit on him.
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jan 25, 2006
SheikhaS wrote:
unfortunately it's not them so much that are the rude, arrogant, pushy people that you meet in public every day. those are the locals who believe that because it is their country, they are entitled to be rude arrogant and pushy

As the wife of one of those "locals" Id like to point out that that they are not all bad people!!Every race has their own goodies and baddies!!
Those locals who play the "this is my country" card, in most situations do so because of the antics of the expats(of all nationalities) against them!!

Please also remember that not all locals speak english!!!Sometimes, ignorance can be perceived as arrogance!!

The same people who complain here about Dubai and the nationals, I bet have relatives all over the UK or Europe, desperately trying to get a passport of that country..why?

Because being a national of a country, gives you more rights!!!

Please dont stereotype...........we dont like it done to us do we? :)[/quote]

Well said, totally agree
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

If you are so much knowledgeable about cultures and civilisations and you gave your self the right to judge … then... Tell me something... how did your home country was looking like 200 years ago....

Forget the past , look at present and future ,what are u now

all arab countries = 0+0+0 = 0

Again ...Yes there is an undeniable stupidity... and YES, I blame your governments for this stupidity and ridiculous situation, you want to know WHY and HOW? Read the history... I mean THE TRUE history.

hahahah what do u think i am from US :)
HP
Dubai Forums Knight

HP wrote:Forget the past , look at present and future ,what are u now

all arab countries = 0+0+0 = 0

Thats nice... You are so mature. Thats why you don't have a girlfriend or wife asswipe....
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jan 26, 2006
Liban wrote:I agree with you fully. However HP is not Western but Pakistani...

Although he worships the West and white people and curses his own... He is a disgrace and I spit on him.

I dont worship west ,west is not the
Indian pious cow (buckingham palace wink) . Liban when u spit on moon (HP) , it always fall on u :0)
HP
Dubai Forums Knight

Jan 26, 2006
HP wrote:
Liban wrote:Liban when u spit on moon (HP) , it always fall on u :0)

You make no bloody sense.... Moron....
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

This is going to Piss Locals Badly Feb 03, 2006
Plz. read till the end.

Not all arabs and the sheiks are bad . Very True. But there are very less and out in the Desert and not to be seen everyday to set a good example.

I Drove my American Friends over to Souq-Al-Arsa (Rolla, Sharjah) and these 2 low life Arabs somehow got the authority to decide who should get the parking and who shouldn't. Now because I was on the driving seat He denies me parking waving his hand in the air asking me to leave in a way which was clearly saying you are dirt and i dont want you hear. But the guy standing right next to him saw the Blonde wife of my friend in the back seat and he clearly says to the arrogant guy "There are americans in the car (They thing every Blond is American. Idiots!)". The arrogant Ba$tured approves the parking space"

Oh yes its there country they have the right to be racist even when it comes to the parking lots!

I work in an university. The topic in an english class was "Should the expatriates living in UAE for a long time be given nationalities or not?"

A local guy writes "I think NO. Reason being that nobody wanted to come here and work with us until the discovery of oil. If there is a war tomorrow expatriates will leave as this is not there country"

My reply: Oil was discovered around 30 to 40 years back or may be even more which was the very reason why british where here. These idiots ARABS couldn't figure out how to get oil out of sea and land, process it and sell it without being dogs to OPEC for over 30 to 40 years. How stupid can you be. (Do sheiks care NO. Think... Think... Why? "Money Game")

"If there is a war expatriates will flea and not defend"
If all the stupid Bush's lap dog ARAB LEADERS stood united without greed who will UAE fight with Iran, Oman, Oatar, Saudi, Pakistan, India?
How many locals are already fleaing to western nations everyday?

Its so funny when arabs think that they are the boss to all the people from the third world countries and you see them licking the boots of all the british people in there own country "Jumeira"

Every Indian, Pakistani, Sri lankan pays to live in this country and being in that positions i think they deserve some respect. The Govermental Allownce, The jobs, the loans, for locals are all being paid for by the expatriates money (Visa, Health card, Labour card, Education, Car registration, House Tax, Business licence fee, and they are coming up with more)

This is funny too that day by day the UAE gov. is trying to expand the Bureaucracy to keep these UNEMPLOYED, UNSKILLED, ILL-MANNAERED, HYPOCITICAL arabs (Locals) employed and alive. These guys can't live one day as an indian or pakistani business man who owns a small start-up business where in u have to take all the gov. crap day in day out, Plus dealing with these Locals who love to lecture sitting on the counters of the various ministries.

An arab at a motor show at Dubai trade center Halls couldn't hold the pen properly to fill the form of entry and asked his indian driver to fill it will a tone of voice which meant "I am your boss, fill this form"

I have many more stories but this is enough to tell them the reality. Living around Asians (Indian, Pakistanies, etc ) all there Lives these locals can't tell the difference between them. Nor can they speak english and neither do you see them making an effort to communicate respectfully. They expect to succeed in the world economic race? (Yeah Sure!)

I'll also tell you what is the reply of a Locals listening to all this "If it doesn't suit u, u may leave"
Which implies that "Hey we would not change and we are mentely lazy to think of a solution!"

Any Local Replying to this post should at least once walk into your Different ministries to get the details of all the long, money milking processes your gov. has set up for expatriates. (Labour, Municipality, Health, Education Ministries)

More over can you Protest, go on a strike? NO...NO
Is the media free No and a big No
jason
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Feb 05, 2006
Dear Liban.. Just Ignore Him..

There is nothing would piss off a silly person like to be ignored.

And you HP.. Grow up.
Intimacy
Dubai forums Addict

Feb 05, 2006
Dear Jason,

Thankyou for your post. Now go back to your home country ASAP. Although, before you do that, please go FCUK YOURSELF.

Cordially,

Liban
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat