Sharjah Driving License

Sharjah driving license Mar 18, 2009
can anyone help me with the procedure of getting a driving license in sharjah? i checked their webiste and its in arabic and the link to english site is now working..i called their number, either its busy or no one is picking up!!!

can i go for classes after 5.30 or in the weekends alone? how much will it cost? how long will it take? can they pick me from the office in the evening?

Mayflower
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Re: Sharjah driving license Mar 18, 2009
I can explain you a procedure of an exam:

1) Test for trafic signes only. It's very easy. Take one sheet with signs in any driving school and learn them.

2) After that driving test. You have to come 30 minutes before time they set for you.

The only problem that they have banned ppl of some professions (like carpenter, watchman, plumber etc) to pass the exams since last year.
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

Mar 18, 2009
The driving test is easy, just remember these simple rules:
  • Never use your indicators unless parked on the side of the road.
  • The safe following distance is close enough until the parking sensors go off in the car you are following.
  • The horn is only for waving at friends or ordering food.
  • When stopped at a 4 way intersection the order of precedence goes Porsche Cayanne, BMW X5, Lexus LX 570 then Landcruiser. If there are more than one of each kind then the one with the darkest tinted windows goes first. Never stop for Prados, they are just gutless expats.
  • Slow down to the speed limit plus 19.95kmph when passing speed cameras.
  • Seat belts are for queers and communists.
Captain Australia
Dubai chat master

Mar 18, 2009
Captain Australia wrote:The driving test is easy, just remember these simple rules:
  • The safe following distance is close enough until the parking sensors go off in the car you are following.
  • When stopped at a 4 way intersection the order of precedence goes Porsche Cayanne, BMW X5, Lexus LX 570 then Landcruiser. If there are more than one of each kind then the one with the darkest tinted windows goes first. Never stop for Prados, they are just gutless expats.

I am confused. Where does the Range Rover fit into your formula? Also, in your last rule, you forgot pussies.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Mar 18, 2009
The real fun will begin after you clear your theory , you will have to clear a yard test which is easy and qualifies you to take lessons on the road...the instructors are capable to give you nightmares but they will pick you up...this is a long trek. DO NOT even think for training on Manual, choose the Automatic.
DoubleDigit
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Mar 18, 2009
Captain Australia wrote:The driving test is easy, just remember these simple rules:

Don't you just love this guy :lol: 8) :lol:
RobbyG
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Mar 19, 2009

Ha Har Ha.......hilarious :lol: :lol:
Read CA's blog the other day, quite a nice read!
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 19, 2009
Cheers.

I've been slack with the blog the last two months though, got to get back into it and write some more.
Captain Australia
Dubai chat master

Mar 19, 2009
no one here is giving useful info..how do i start first? where to go? the website is fully in arabic...and they r not picking up the phone too..anyone here can give phone no.? shd i go straight and register for classes or should i fix an appointment?
Mayflower
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Mar 19, 2009
To be frank you gave no inf. about yourself. So it's not easy to help you...

If you want to study go to Main Police Station in Al Maroor. There is a driving institute nearby.

If you have yr. national driving license you can exchange (for some nationalities like Brits and Co.) or pass the exams with out studing...

As soon as I had the license in my country I took private driving lessons and the teacher came to my appartment in appropriate time and I was driving with them...

One thing you have already noticed that English is a problem in Sharjah's police.
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

Mar 19, 2009
Mayflower wrote:no one here is giving useful info..how do i start first? where to go? the website is fully in arabic...and they r not picking up the phone too..anyone here can give phone no.? shd i go straight and register for classes or should i fix an appointment?

hey, the best is, you just drop there and get the information ., thats all...

8)
sharfraz
Dubai chat master

Mar 19, 2009
Mayflower...

This is not simple however you can do it in steps...

1. open your file at Muroor,

Following procedures and documents are required:

Letter from the working place.

Valid Passport Copy (Valid Residence Visa page is required for non-citizens).

Pass Medical check-up from licensing authority.

Two (2) personal passport size photographs.

Prescribed fee payment.It will cost you 100 dhs + 20 for the typing charges.

DO NOT opt for manual and choose Automatic, you will have to specify this to the offcer at the counter, the default is for manual, Only the

listed professions are valid for Automatic.

After you open your file, There are a couple of options for training. The Sharjah Driving Institute or the private driving school instructors.

It is better to go through the institute. Here the instructor will not show up on your door and the waiting can be for 6 months. I am not

aware of the current scenario. They charge somewhere near 2500 dhs to be paid upfront. They may have a pick up van to the institute but I am

not sure of that.

For private instruction...

1. Pay 250 and enroll yourself for the 6 theory classes at Nasirya to prepare you for the theory test. This is easy to pass.
2. Get a instructor to prepare you for the yard test at Nasirya. The fixed charges for automatic are 40 dhs each lesson of 45 mins and you will need 5-7 lessons.

3. Get the training card for the yard and start training in the yard.

Yard test is easy to clear, almost everybody gets it the frist time.

After clearing the yard test you can train on the roads,the charges are the same. now you will be at the mercy of your instructor who will be picking you up, do not advance any lump sum money no matter what are the promises and insist on paying after each class,you will need 30-40 lessons to be eligible for your frist test and it may take 3-4 months to appear for your frist test.

chk with me if you wanna know more...:)
DoubleDigit
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Mar 19, 2009
DoubleDigit wrote:Mayflower...

This is not simple however you can do it in steps...

1. open your file at Muroor,

Following procedures and documents are required:

Letter from the working place.

Valid Passport Copy (Valid Residence Visa page is required for non-citizens).

Pass Medical check-up from licensing authority.

Two (2) personal passport size photographs.

Prescribed fee payment.It will cost you 100 dhs + 20 for the typing charges.

DO NOT opt for manual and choose Automatic, you will have to specify this to the offcer at the counter, the default is for manual, Only the

listed professions are valid for Automatic.

After you open your file, There are a couple of options for training. The Sharjah Driving Institute or the private driving school instructors.

It is better to go through the institute. Here the instructor will not show up on your door and the waiting can be for 6 months. I am not

aware of the current scenario. They charge somewhere near 2500 dhs to be paid upfront. They may have a pick up van to the institute but I am

not sure of that.

For private instruction...

1. Pay 250 and enroll yourself for the 6 theory classes at Nasirya to prepare you for the theory test. This is easy to pass.
2. Get a instructor to prepare you for the yard test at Nasirya. The fixed charges for automatic are 40 dhs each lesson of 45 mins and you will need 5-7 lessons.

3. Get the training card for the yard and start training in the yard.

Yard test is easy to clear, almost everybody gets it the frist time.

After clearing the yard test you can train on the roads,the charges are the same. now you will be at the mercy of your instructor who will be picking you up, do not advance any lump sum money no matter what are the promises and insist on paying after each class,you will need 30-40 lessons to be eligible for your frist test and it may take 3-4 months to appear for your frist test.

chk with me if you wanna know more...:)
DoubleDigit
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Mar 20, 2009
Captain Australia wrote: Never stop for Prados, they are just gutless expats.

Buhahahahaha....so ******' true. Mostly the moustached sunny driving types who have moved up a notch in life and now want to show off to people back home how they drive super duper luxury SUV's by sending pics of themselves posing next to the prado with background of some greenry and flowers !

P.S : Mostly they will be white or silver and also add fortuners to the gutless expat list
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Mar 20, 2009
thank u double digit, good info u gave. i've indian driving license and since its rt driving, i dont think they'll accept it here. anyway let me start with getting a lr from my office next week and hopefully i will register and start lessons soon..

thank u guys!!!
Mayflower
Dubai Forums Frequenter

undefined Jan 13, 2014
soo what is the name of this driving school ,and i wanted to know how much money will it cost me in total??
abdiazizsnm
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Re: Sharjah driving license Jun 29, 2014
which is better in sharjah for road practice? govt or private??
nimi
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

undefined Feb 06, 2020
UpdateNow there is an online system to get your driving license in Abu Dhabi and UAE. Source: https://drivinglicenseabudhabi.com/
Hendawy
Dubai Forum Guest

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum