RIP Arniegang

Topic locked
RIP Arniegang Dec 18, 2010
Dear Forumers,

It is with great great sadness that I have to announce the death of Arniegang at the beginning of this week.

He had been fighting cancer for over a year, knowing that it would eventually kill him, and was the most down to earth, positive and chilled person throughout. He was a good man, a good husband and father and a good friend.

I hope all members will join me in wishing our heartfelt condolences to his wife and family, he will be sorely missed. In the end, there is no escaping the 'Great Administrator' and I hope he is following the rules, wherever he is. But I doubt it.

Rest in Peace.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Knight

Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: RIP Arniegang Dec 18, 2010
I didn't think that a forum can bring people this close to each other, I never met Arniegang and never knew him in person, but I feel very sad inside and can’t stop my tears.

To his family and friends: Please accept my condolences and let's cherish his memories.
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

I always thought he was a good, humble guy. Last we met, I was able to joke with him that I blamed his kind advice and encouragement for me moving here! He knew his last round of chemo was going to be brutal, but wanted to do it anyways, even if just for science and research purposes for future patients. My condolences to his wife and family.

Rest in Peace, Arnie.
dubaidog
Dubai chat master

That is very sad news indeed. I feel for his poor wife and family, especially at this time of year.
Bethsmum

Re: RIP Arniegang Dec 19, 2010
So..so..sad to hear this news...

Although we knew it was coming, we all kept hoping for a miracle, esp. knowing Arnie's fighting spirit. He said he was determined to fight the cancer until God called him.

And he did.

Lung cancer is probably the nastiest cancers of all. When it attacks, it attacks ferociously. Most people don't last a year from the date of diagnosis.

I had an American Canadian friend (no harm in mentioning his name because he was a well known TV news personality), by the name of Peter Jennings (ABC News anchorman until his death in 2005). We didn't associate much, because he was much older than me. I first met him in the Middle East, then we saw each other a few times later on, in the US.

He was a heavy smoker, and sadly passed away within 4 months of his diagnosis with lung cancer-- only 4 months even though he was being treated at Anderson Cancer Center in Houston (probably the best in the world.)

Well, Arnie actually did very well fighting this horrible disease.

My last contact with Arnie was about a month ago, when he asked me to be a Mod in General.

He was a fine gentleman, indeed.

Well, Sage or DK, please suggest to Andy to change the DF page color to black for 3 days, and let's all write a condolence message to Arnie's family, with our names (DF names) listed in the message. I'm sure Sage can forward it to his family.

Wishing you, mate, rest and eternal peace. You will surely be missed by many!!

Tom

:( :( :(
Tom Jones
Dubai Forums Veteran

:( :( :( :(

This is very very sad news indeed and my deepest condolences to the bereaved family and friends.

It was very unfortunate I never got to meet this man, although we were supposed to a few months back when he was here. But we did become good aquaintaces over the net and shared many a laugh in his the last few months. Last time I heard from him as recent as the 12th of this month and he knew his cancer has spread rapidly and was evident from the way he wrote.

Atleast we have his many thoughts and memories preserved on this forum. :(

I take comfort in the thought that he is in a better place now and away from all the pain and troubles of this world.

Rest In Peace Paul
You will be missed :(
desertdudeshj

Words fail me.....may his sould rest in peace.
My condelences to his family and friends at this difficult time.
JoeTGF
Dubai forums Addict

My condolences to the loved ones.
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

melika969 wrote:I didn't think that a forum can bring people this close to each other, I never met Arniegang and never knew him in person, but I feel very sad inside and can’t stop my tears.

To his family and friends: Please accept my condolences and let's cherish his memories.

Yes Mel so very true, although I knew it was comming yet I can't help it and really surprised by my own reaction. I'm not an emotional person yet I have tears in my eyes, very odd indeed ?

Here I just wish to share this last message to me with everyone. I hope people don't mind

Sent: Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:13 pm

Not been on much this week been in hospital much at being of last wekk

typing and talking not good,, cant do long paras or sentaces

anyways congrats and BEHAVE lol

Even here he manages a quick whip and a smile. He never gave in but was realistic about his condition. I guess I lost the bet I made with him that I will meet him next time he will come around and there will be a next time :(
desertdudeshj

That is very sad news indeed for anyone, but most particularly at this time of the year. I interacted with him on this forum once or twice, and knew right away that here was a good human being. It is a sad fact that the good ones dont last too long here on planet earth, the reasons can be debated.
There are many different kinds of lung cancers, of course, as we all know. Some are more agressive than others.
My deepest and most heartfelt condolences to his loved ones. My heart goes out to you! :cry:
zonker
BANNED

desertdudeshj wrote:
melika969 wrote:I didn't think that a forum can bring people this close to each other, I never met Arniegang and never knew him in person, but I feel very sad inside and can’t stop my tears.

Yes Mel so very true, although I knew it was comming yet I can't help it and really surprised by my own reaction. I'm not an emotional person yet I have tears in my eyes, very odd indeed ?

Here I just wish to share this last message to me with everyone. I hope people don't mind

Sent: Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:13 pm

Not been on much this week been in hospital much at being of last wekk

typing and talking not good,, cant do long paras or sentaces

anyways congrats and BEHAVE lol

Even here he manages a quick whip and a smile. He never gave in but was realistic about his condition. I guess I lost the bet I made with him that I will meet him next time he will come around and there will be a next time :(

Even though I'm tough ex-military man, I got teary-eyed even before I opened DK's message.

A virtual wold? My behind!

It feels like the real world at a moment like this!!!!

:( :(
Tom Jones
Dubai Forums Veteran

Words fail me. So so sad. Mr K and I would like to send our condolences to Mrs. Arnie and the kids - can you please pm me DK? Thanks. :cry:
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

I too want to send my heartfelt condolences to his family.

I had the privilege of meeting him a few times - and he was most helpful to us right at the beginning when I learnt I was coming out to Dubai. He generously phoned me and gave me a lot of info - even sending me his copy of books to help me with the move.

I echo all the sentiments and recollections of his kindness, generosity and, above all, humour.

I will pray and raise up a glass to him (to cover all bases)..

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

My sincere condolences to Arnie's family and friends
Dillon
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

So so sad, Arnie was such a genuine, lovely man and he fought with determination, dignity and pride. He never felt sorry for himself and was always still giving it to the rest of us. I'm just gutted that I was away last time he was in Dubai, so never got to see him one last time.

I'm extremely sad that he didn't get to see one last Christmas with his wonderful family, he was so determined to make it that far. But sometimes these things just aren't meant to be. But at least he had his bucket list and he made damn sure he got most of it in!

Arnie, always full of life and living for the moment. You will be sadly missed my friend.

Hugs, kisses and condolences to Mrs Arnie and the young ones.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

So sad to hear the bad news, so sad he passed away just before Christmas.
My sincere condolences to Arnie's family and his loved one's.
I never met him, and even if we don't always agree with each other, we are a small family here in this virtual world.
herve
Dubai Forums Veteran

Arnie (paul) and I have spoken many a time via e mail and text....

I wish his family the best and to be strong for christmas

RIP
gezza
Dubai Expat Helper

The world (and dubai forums in particular) will never be the same with the loss of arniegang who is sorely missed.
His kindness, dedication and tenacity was evident to the end.
Goodbye and see you on the other side.
benwj
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

RIP
zubber
Dubai Forums Veteran

My deep condolences to Arnie's family... :(
We are all to God, and to God we shall all return.
symmetric
BANNED

It is with a heavy heart and tears in my eyes I write this.

The man I knew behind the scenes was not the person we knew in "public". He was open and accepting of his fate. We shared personal thoughts and I told him something, which I will share. He was given a gift when told what to expect. That gift was to allow him to say his goodbyes, give forgiveness and ask for forgiveness so that there were no regrets to himself or those he left behind. Everything that could be said is said. This is something we don't get to do before we leave this earth. He appreciated knowing he was given this gift and I am sure he took it to heart.

My deepest condolences to his wife and family.

Paul, you called it when you said you probably wouldn't see the end of the year. I just wish you had been given a little more time to see one last holiday.

Rest in peace Paul, you will be missed.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

So sad to hear Rest In Peach my condolences to the family.... :cry: :cry: :cry:
Galactico
Dubai forums GURU

Very sad news.

My condolences to all, in particular the family and the forumers who knew Arnie for so long.
drewpeacock
Dubai chat master

I never knew him, but he was loyal to the forums upto the very end.

Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

RIP
ekka
Dubai Forum Visitor

A message of thanks to everyone here - passed on from Paul's wife and family.

There is no emoticon here that can do justice to the dignity of this family.

Knight
Dubai Knight

Thank you DK
desertdudeshj

Cheers, DK. Mrs. Arnie is a great lady and I enjoyed out extended chats.
dubaidog
Dubai chat master

Re: RIP Arniegang Dec 20, 2010
I have just logged on and have seen this very sad news. Paul was a close friend of ours and will be deeply missed. I spoke to him just before I left Dubai 3 1/2 weeks ago and he was fighting the good fight face on as he has been doing since he dicovered that he had cancer. The last time he was in Dubai we had the pleasure of Mr & Mrs Arniegang over to our place for a Friday BBQ and they were great company as always.
I am sure his Wife has been trying to contact me unfortunately the UAE Roaming does not work so well here in Ghana.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: RIP Arniegang Dec 20, 2010
I should mention I saw some old guard forumers tonight and spread the news. The likes of Fayz and a few others....they send their condolences.
dubaidog
Dubai chat master

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat