RIP Arniegang

Topic locked
Re: RIP Arniegang Jan 15, 2011
Well I don't often venture to these parts anymore, but was just having a quick look and saw this very very sad news.
I was lucky enough to meet Arnigang back in 2006 when he convinced me to come to Dubai for the DF meet (I think it was the first one). Despite never having met me before, he came and picked me up from the airport, sorted me accommodation, insisted that I spent time with him and his lovely wife Lorna before the meet - he was just a very very genuinely lovely man.
I know that often when people die, you'll get all sorts of people popping up saying how lovely they were, and often it feels a little false (don't speak ill of the dead and all that), but in Paul's case, he was a really really nice, trusting, kind man who I feel incredibly lucky to have met.
Last spoke to him in September - he wanted us to meet up, despite him being quite ill at the time - we never did meet up, and I'm really sorry that we never had that chance.
My thoughts go out to Lorna and the rest of his family.
Rest in peace old friend.

Regards,

Nigel

the_zooter
Dubai forums GURU

Re: RIP Arniegang Jan 15, 2011
You came all the way from the UK for a DF meet? Wow!

Why don't you hang around? Whens the next DF meet?
benwj
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Re: RIP Arniegang May 15, 2011
Just read the unfortunate news that Arnie/Paul has passed. My condoleances to everyone affected by this early departure. May he rest in peace.

I just went back to read the PM communication I received from Paul. A warming individual. He will be remembered.

Regards Rob
RobbyG
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: RIP Arniegang Aug 26, 2013
I was just browsing and was curious what happened to some ex members and was SHOCKED to read this news. Paul was a great businessman and was knowledgeable person in real estate. I loved his candor and understand how his family feels as I lost my dad due to lung cancer earlier this year. Very painful as is any death. I know you are in better place Paul as you have gone out of your way to help others, the universe will do same to you.
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat