Racism Is BAD!

Topic locked
Re: Racism Is BAD! Jan 01, 2011
Well, the few years that I spent in the UAE, I did not see any racism. I did see a lot of injustice being done to vulnerable sectons of society, which I expected from a rather illiterate people that had suddenly come into new (oil) wealth, knowing fully well that non of the expatriates had any rights, some more than the others.

zonker
BANNED

zonker wrote:Well, the few years that I spent in the UAE, I did not see any racism. I did see a lot of injustice being done to vulnerable sectons of society, which I expected from a rather illiterate people that had suddenly come into new (oil) wealth, knowing fully well that non of the expatriates had any rights, some more than the others.

Your implications are not corroborated with information in circulation
zubber
Dubai Forums Veteran

zonker wrote:Well, the few years that I spent in the UAE, I did not see any racism. I did see a lot of injustice being done to vulnerable sectons of society, which I expected from a rather illiterate people that had suddenly come into new (oil) wealth, knowing fully well that non of the expatriates had any rights, some more than the others.

So you spent a few years in the UAE and did not see any racism. You must have been living buried in a sand dune or something! :shock:
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Re: Racism is BAD! Jan 01, 2011
Oh well talk about comaprison.... Talk to indians about bad driving they will tell you it is VERY good ....... compared to India. Dubai is mosaic of cultures making it harder for anybody to compare rascism , driving, discrimination at standard level.
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

@zubber: UAE has a large expatriate population, that outnumbers the locals.But the expatriates do not have ANY rights, so you are dependent on what your own country can do for you if you get into trouble; so that depends upon where you are from. If you happen to be from the third world, then you turn to god for help. From the first world, the US is top-dog, and then follow the others. The Arabs and in particular the UAE locals simply worship the whites, so I have seen really unqualified white Westerners drawing salaries that simply boggles the mind! I saw a guy that was in-charge of the Laundry in a big Hospital who was drawing more salary than many of the Consultant Physicians and Surgeons! He was a white American, covered in tattoos. And thats the heirarchy and the order of things; on top is the Sheikh, then the local, then the N. American white, then the European White, and so on. That was how it was at least up until I was there some years ago. It may have changed somewhat now, I dont know. 8)

@Kanelli: You appear to be sitting on top of a sand dune, observing your realm, and passing judgements! :lol:
I lived in more than intimate contact with the society, and had the opportunity to observe everything first hand, almost under a microscope! 8)

-- Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:12 am --

BTW, I have absolutely no issues with countries. Its just racism in any form that I dont like! I dont think that any country in modern times practices racism as a policy (?). So I would not name a country and call it racist.
I posted the Panorama program here because Panorama is world famous, by the BBC, and this just happened to be a very graphic representation of Racism. Thats all. I did not mean to label all Brits as racists. :bounce:
Which they certainly are not :D
Indeed, upto a point I would agree that Britain is being messed up by too much immigrants of the wrong kind landing there. 8)
zonker
BANNED

Re: Racism is BAD! Jan 02, 2011
Zonker, I am so pleased that you aknowledge that not all Brits are racist. BM had a friend who has a friend that is black :shock:

-- Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:45 am --

I'm only joking Zonker! BM prefers a light Med tan to a lilly white Brit anyday :bounce:
Bethsmum
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: Racism Is BAD! Jan 02, 2011
Observing my realm? Good grief. :lol:

-- Sun Jan 02, 2011 3:47 am --

sniper420 wrote:Oh well talk about comaprison.... Talk to indians about bad driving they will tell you it is VERY good ....... compared to India. Dubai is mosaic of cultures making it harder for anybody to compare rascism , driving, discrimination at standard level.

Snipey! Where have you been!
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

BM, warmest feelings for you on this first day of the brand New Year! :D
I was also checking up on why BMWs have transmission problems, for your sake. But I think we are drifting off topic! :lol:
Britain has given so much to this planet of which they can be proud, so it would be churlish of me to label all Brits as racists! :bounce:
zonker
BANNED

zonker wrote:BM, warmest feelings for you on this first day of the brand New Year! :D
I was also checking up on why BMWs have transmission problems, for your sake. But I think we are drifting off topic! :lol:
Britain has given so much to this planet of which they can be proud, so it would be churlish of me to label all Brits as racists! :bounce:

Warmest feelings to you too Zonker! I fear my BM problems stem from the gear box!

Yes, we Brits can be proud! We march in, leave an impression then F. Off and leave everyone else to pick up the pieces :D
Bethsmum
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: Racism is BAD! Jan 03, 2011
Seems like a few "experts" here on racism but none have stated how it is that Dubai/UAE is a racist country.

Anyone? others will just follow (or confirm/agree, etc...as is the norm).
Ambassador
Dubai chat master

Re: Racism Is BAD! Jan 03, 2011
I'm sorry, I must have missed the part about anyone claiming to be an expert here. It is people giving their OPINIONS based on EXAMPLES from their experience.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

kanelli wrote:I'm sorry, I must have missed the part about anyone claiming to be an expert here. It is people giving their OPINIONS based on EXAMPLES from their experience.

Relax... did you see the quotes around "experts". But you are one of the posters who stated that Dubai or UEA (I forget) is one, if not the most racist places (or words to that effect). Care to elaborate?
Ambassador
Dubai chat master

Re: Racism is BAD! Jan 03, 2011
Expert, Origin: Middle English (as an adjective): from Latin expertus, past participle of experiri 'try'. The noun use dates from the early 19th century. Compare with experience and experiment.

Alternatively, a definition as told to me by a very good friend some time ago;

An ‘X’ being, an unknown quantity?
And a ‘spurt’ being, a drip under pressure.

:lol:
Dillon
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Ambassador wrote:
kanelli wrote:I'm sorry, I must have missed the part about anyone claiming to be an expert here. It is people giving their OPINIONS based on EXAMPLES from their experience.

Relax... did you see the quotes around "experts". But you are one of the posters who stated that Dubai or UEA (I forget) is one, if not the most racist places (or words to that effect). Care to elaborate?

Care to read the thread? I was asked and I did elaborate.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

kanelli wrote:
Ambassador wrote:

Care to read the thread? I was asked and I did elaborate.

:roll:
Ambassador
Dubai chat master

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat