Plastic Scouring Pads?

Topic locked
Oct 01, 2006
as we knew you really liked the pink ones Fayz, we did try to get more but sadly only one per pack

:wink: :wink:

arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Oct 01, 2006
arniegang wrote:as we knew you really liked the pink ones Fayz, we did try to get more but sadly only one per pack

I was searching this evening and was only able to find lime green colour :cry:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Oct 01, 2006
arniegang wrote:as we knew you really liked the pink ones Fayz, we did try to get more but sadly only one per pack

What can i say i like the fancy ones.
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Oct 01, 2006
To all members and shareholders of 'Scourers R' Us'...it is with regret that I can announce that a doppelganger PSP has been spotted here in our fair sandpit! In Emirates Co-Op! I would have expected this in Karama ("copy watches, DVD, handbag, plastic scouring pad?") but not in an establishment of this nature.

They are a pale shadow of the real McCoy but the look and feel is 'close enough for Government work' and they are packed in 24's for a mere paltry 50Dhs! Colour selection gives them away as being poor quality imitations and there is no bright pink option available...

Teams of DFM operatives are, as we speak, scouring (sic.) the nation and ports of entry to discover how this blatant infringement of our potential monopoly could have occurred.

Those responsible will be brought to justice and swift retribution exacted!

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Knight
Dubai Knight

Oct 02, 2006
:o :o :o :shock: :shock: :shock:

This is indeed shocking news. Can we rely on you DK to do your duty to the DFM and eradicate these cheap imitations from the shelves of Dubai?

:roll: :roll: :roll:
the_zooter
Dubai forums GURU

Oct 02, 2006
Like any investor the prospect of competition worries me but we have one of the most reputed marketing companies in Dubai on our side and we have a quality product unlike these cheap mono chromatic can’t hold the soap imitations, We just need to make the customer aware that for a few fils more they are getting a better product.
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Oct 02, 2006
Hmmm Im sure these imitations are made in China. (Ooooops by the way Fayz, your PSP's are originally manufactured where?)

PS
(nice avatar Fayz. now, you dont have bugs bunny teeth anymore hee hee)
weary_heart
Dubai Forums Veteran

Oct 02, 2006
I love it.. i've been away for a month and this thread is still motoring along nicely with no signs of stopping. What's the current record for the thread with the greatest number of posts?

SDB
shinydiscoballs
Dubai Forums Member

Oct 02, 2006
SDB's back!!!

Unfortunately, this thread has now been overtaken by 2 threads - the "talk about the person above you" thread, and the "last two letters" thread. Technically, it has been overtaken by 3 threads, the third such thread was mysteriously deleted whilst on well over 60 pages!

Still, none of which have been of such interest and use to the people of Dubai as this one.

How's things with you SDB?? Got any of these imposter PSP's??
the_zooter
Dubai forums GURU

Oct 02, 2006
I think i've seen them in choithrams suppermarket. If not, I'm pretty sure you would be able to find them in gift village around the corner from city center deira
bear
Dubai chat master

Oct 02, 2006
Fayz, been watching this post for long time and have not commented. I say you design your own pads, manufacture, and I will buy anything you make!!! That way you get the kind you like.....gold/silver/bronze/, with sequins, glitter, or what ever would float your boat!!! I vote for Fayz scouring pads!!!
dubai girl
Dubai Expat Helper

Oct 15, 2006
dubai girl wrote:Fayz, been watching this post for long time and have not commented. I say you design your own pads, manufacture, and I will buy anything you make!!! That way you get the kind you like.....gold/silver/bronze/, with sequins, glitter, or what ever would float your boat!!! I vote for Fayz scouring pads!!!

Has Fayz started production yet???
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Oct 16, 2006
dubai girl wrote:Fayz, been watching this post for long time and have not commented. I say you design your own pads, manufacture, and I will buy anything you make!!! That way you get the kind you like.....gold/silver/bronze/, with sequins, glitter, or what ever would float your boat!!! I vote for Fayz scouring pads!!!

Oi DB - the DFM controls the scourer market place in DXB if you please. If theres any design's to do, the DFM Board will discuss this.

I had a vision of some pink ones with pale blue spots on actually.

:twisted: :twisted:
arniegang

Oct 16, 2006
To,
The Board Members,
Scourers R US
Mafiozi HQ
Sicily

Dear Sirs,

Good Day!
We would like your esteemed organisation to sponsor the 'DF world records' event and the prizes for the winners. The event is one of a kind and would attract attention from the entire gulf region.
A detailed report is enclosed for your perusal.
The winners can also participate in your commercials which would attract more publicity for your products.
If interest is expressed we can bring forth a few more deals of mutual interest.
Due to the nature and sensitivity of the information we would like to arrange a meeting at your convenience.
Looking forward to work in co-operation with you.

Yours sincerely
For Mumbo Jumbo Events LLC
Dale

P.S.
Please refer heights thread for latest developments
dale
Dubai forums Addict

Oct 16, 2006
To: Mumbo Jumbo PLC

There are not enough specifics in your proposal for the board to consider.

Please can you tell us how you think our product will fit in with your events.

DFM
arniegang

Oct 16, 2006
oh my god!............ i am gobsmacked that this thread is still going..... :lol:
wannabe
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Oct 16, 2006
wannabe wrote:oh my god!............ i am gobsmacked that this thread is still going..... :lol:

Hey wannabe,

If you are in England as said, you should try to get down to Mumbo Jumbo plc., and try and help in securing this order.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Oct 19, 2006
:? Mumbo jumbo plc?.... it looks like i have missed more than i thought. please...do enlighten me.
wannabe
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Dec 24, 2006
Now that its Christmas 2006, I believe that we need an update
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: Plastic Scouring Pads? Sep 30, 2010
Now that we have been hit by the Financial Downturn, surely we must be able to find more Plastic Scouring Pads on the market?
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Nope, I just checked the market and price has spiked. There is a major shortage since inspecions on the commonweath games village.
benwj
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

hehe is this 52 pages really all about scouring pads?? :lol:
Someone should give us a summary!
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

benwj wrote:Nope, I just checked the market and price has spiked. There is a major shortage since inspecions on the commonweath games village.

I can believe that, they must need a whole bunch of them to clean the place up.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

melika969 wrote:hehe is this 52 pages really all about scouring pads?? :lol:
Someone should give us a summary!

How do you summarise this one???

OK, Fayz wanted some plastic scouring pads to clean out his fish tank. He had found a certain type to be most effective but could not find them in the local market.

From there it descended into a web of intrigue with various schemes and plans to set up and run a clandestine shadow scouring pad import and export emporium of global proportions. The whole thing was 'floated' on the Zimbabwe stock market, there were unexplained 'disappearances' and corporate skullduggery left right and centre with hostile take-overs and the foundation of the DFM (Dubai Forum Mafia) to protect our interests. Just go back and read the posts...it nearly got out of hand, but we had to scrub it in the end!

There was then a famous DF meet in a top secret location and I still have a memorable picture of the entire board of the corporation looking suitably mean and moody in shades and necklaces made up of brightly coloured scouring pads.

There was a further incident after the DF Awards ceremony between Kanelli and Liban, that lives in infamy to this day!

Those that know...know!

8) 8) 8)

Knight
Dubai Knight

Yup, me knows :lol: :lol: :lol:
arniegang

/me "looks up" ... chuckles ... afk

Cheers,

D
smartd
Dubai Forums Vice-Admin

I thought this would get some of the "Old Hands" out.

Now that the economy has improved slightly in Zimbabwe the stock must be worth something now :D
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: Plastic Scouring Pads? Oct 01, 2010
sure did. is smartd a real person?

Sorry to diverge, but speaking of Zimbabwe, before they switched to the US dollar, the currency was seriously worth less than the paper it was printed on. People were burning truckloads of it down into silver (silver strip) which was worth at least double the face value of the note.

Things have imrpoved now and given that a gazillion Mumbo Jumbo units converted to 1 USD, is it too late to buy in?
benwj
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Double post
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

We shall have to look into the Zimbabwean stock portfolio as last we investigated our stockpile had been supplied on a lease lend basis to the Zimbabwean military special forces as fillers for the silencer units on their H&K MP5's.

Apparently they still couldn't hit anything, but the impact points 'made pretty pictures'!

8) 8) 8)

Knight
Dubai Knight

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat