Only In The UAE

Topic locked
Only in the UAE Oct 06, 2006
Did anyone read this article...

http://www.khaleejtimes.com/DisplayArti ... ion=theuae

Absolutely ridiculous. Another poor housemaid..

NoWoRrIeS
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Oct 06, 2006
WOW!! ..i dont knw who to believe.
d3vilish_ang3l_88
Dubai chat master

Oct 06, 2006
Surely a maid can't just go around placing totems all over the house?!? I know I wouldn't like it in my house if a maid was putting random statues around.

It seems to me to be a great excuse for an employer to get a maid deported - just claim they are into voodoo/black magic and that they are crazy. Simple!!
the_zooter
Dubai forums GURU

Oct 06, 2006
holy monkeys, that is some crazy stuff
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 06, 2006
it happens all the time..many cases all true
mema
Dubai forums Addict

Oct 06, 2006
Do you believe in black magic Mema? Does it actually work?
NoWoRrIeS
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Oct 06, 2006
Whether black magic work or not is not the point Nowories, what mema was refering to is there are actual cases of maids who "believe" in blackmagic and try to use it against innocent people.
uae75
Dubai Forums Talker

Oct 06, 2006
uae75, u must be joking right? Even if it does exist can u get fired and deported over being suspected for doing so? I thought this is the year 2006, not 1006?
NoWoRrIeS
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Oct 06, 2006
NoWoRrIeS wrote:uae75, u must be joking right? Even if it does exist can u get fired and deported over being suspected for doing so? I thought this is the year 2006, not 1006?

all u juys i heard tht a house maid jumped off a building and killed her self cause she didnt get paid 2 YEARS salary so i thin ktht kind of sh*t can happen of course
westside
Dubai forums Addict

Oct 07, 2006
Nowories....Lets see be realistic, and pretend u were put in that situation.... how will u react when u see ur maid is doing some kind of voodoo sh*t, and pinching some needles into a dummy toy which has ur kids picture on......Will you fire her?or not? :wink:
uae75
Dubai Forums Talker

Oct 07, 2006
NoWoRrIeS wrote:Do you believe in black magic Mema? Does it actually work?

yes i do, had an old maid from Indonesia treated her well and all, one day u find a letter sent to her from her home country with funny stuff inside (hair and some strange written things) confronting her..she admits yes she wanted to control members of the family so that she could live here yet not work!! with such twisted mentality what else is there to do but deport her..whats next wait till she add something to our daily meals no thank u go back where u came from.
mema
Dubai forums Addict

Oct 07, 2006
Yes I would, just cos I think she's lost her mind and is not reliable for that reason. I don't really believe in these things. The point though is that it's kinda hard to prove it to the court she actually did that. And if u would ever present the court in my country with stuff like this they would just laugh in ur face.. Sorry, it's really out of my league this kinda stuff... It might be true though. And if it was up to my hubby he would definately kick her out...
NoWoRrIeS
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Oct 07, 2006
maybe religiously we do believe these things can harm us...even though eliminating the religious culture aspects. still a fully grown person who u treated very well u find out that this person is not trustworthy how could u trust him/her to stay at ur home with children there too...an ill-wisher :roll:
mema
Dubai forums Addict

Oct 07, 2006
And if u would ever present the court in my country with stuff like this they would just laugh in ur face
may i know where is that?
mema
Dubai forums Addict

Oct 07, 2006
yeah but u cant deport one for doing this could u?
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: Only in the UAE Oct 07, 2006
NoWoRrIeS wrote:Did anyone read this article...

See i understand that it may seem ''ridiculous'' to you...but in Islam black magic is considered a bad thing...this is not the first case of a maid being caught and deported...and definitely not last..i know many of you don't believe in black magic and all...but did you ever think about that you can be WRONG...
Legendkiller
Dubai forums Addict

Re: Only in the UAE Oct 07, 2006
Legendkiller wrote:
NoWoRrIeS wrote:Did anyone read this article...

See i understand that it may seem ''ridiculous'' to you...but in Islam black magic is considered a bad thing...this is not the first case of a maid being caught and deported...and definitely not last..i know many of you don't believe in black magic and all...but did you ever think about that you can be WRONG...

On the one hand it is easy to say thet so called Black Magic does not exist, on the other hand their seems to be so much evidence to the contrary, I really don't know which way to swing on this one.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Oct 07, 2006
This shouldn't be a surprise in a country governed by religion.
pinoy1
Dubai chat master

Oct 07, 2006
pinoy1 wrote:This shouldn't be a surprise in a country governed by religion.

This country is not governed by religion, the laws are based on Sharia.
In actual fact most countries laws come basically from one religion or another.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Oct 07, 2006
pinoy1 wrote:This shouldn't be a surprise in a country governed by religion.

whats wrong in a government run by religion?
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 07, 2006
I think what's not good about a country run by religion or whose rules are derived from a religion is that it doesn't seem fair or applicable to the other faiths in that country.
I mean jaywalking and murder are generally considered offenses and everybody agrees to that, but the "ïllegality" of certain practices according to a religious law may be just another trivial superstitious belief to some.
pinoy1
Dubai chat master

Oct 07, 2006
pinoy1 wrote:I think what's not good about a country run by religion or whose rules are derived from a religion is that it doesn't seem fair or applicable to the other faiths in that country.
I mean jaywalking and murder are generally considered offenses and everybody agrees to that, but the "ïllegality" of certain practices according to a religious law may be just another trivial superstitious belief to some.

wow good point pinoy

but in the same time, but it depends on the majority of the people who are in a certain country. For instance, a country which has a majority of christian will be most likely to be governed under christian law. the people who are not christian would have to follow the christian law at some point.

what do you think?
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 07, 2006
In my opinion, if you are a 'visitor' of a certain country, you must of course abide by their laws- no matter how different they are from your principles I guess, out of respect for your host country and it's people, and to avoid getting into trouble. :)
But if you are a native in that country but belong to the minority religion, it becomes a problem I think..
pinoy1
Dubai chat master

Oct 07, 2006
NoWoRrIeS wrote:Yes I would, just cos I think she's lost her mind and is not reliable for that reason. I don't really believe in these things. The point though is that it's kinda hard to prove it to the court she actually did that. And if u would ever present the court in my country with stuff like this they would just laugh in ur face.. Sorry, it's really out of my league this kinda stuff... It might be true though. And if it was up to my hubby he would definately kick her out...

Good, so u agree she should be kicked out, and get fired for her voodoo magic, so whether is 2006 or 1006, it would be the same reaction :wink:
uae75
Dubai Forums Talker

Oct 07, 2006
prehaps one of the Muslim members of the forum could eleborate, but i thought that the practicing of "black magic" still carried the death penalty under sharia law.....
dbxsoul
Honored Member

Oct 07, 2006
Well of course she gets deported, no job = no visa = time to go.

I read the story and though fair enough, I'd do the same thing too.
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Oct 07, 2006
dbxsoul wrote:prehaps one of the Muslim members of the forum could eleborate, but i thought that the practicing of "black magic" still carried the death penalty under sharia law.....

gotta ask someone about that question

will be back with an answer ;)
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 07, 2006
Bleakus wrote:
dbxsoul wrote:prehaps one of the Muslim members of the forum could eleborate, but i thought that the practicing of "black magic" still carried the death penalty under sharia law.....

gotta ask someone about that question

will be back with an answer ;)

i heard about that too...ill look it up also
d3vilish_ang3l_88
Dubai chat master

Oct 07, 2006

Not in all cases...it a case by case situation, but the rule of thumb is that Practiciing Black magic is forbidden in islam, and it will therefore have swift consequences on whom practices it to harm people.
uae75
Dubai Forums Talker

Oct 08, 2006
NoWoRrIeS wrote:Do you believe in black magic Mema? Does it actually work?

accd to that movie I cant remember the title sorry, voodoo only works if the persons involved believes in it. :oops:
zam
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat