OFF-TOPIC

Topic locked
Jun 13, 2009
Looks like someone hasn't got out of the ugliness yet.

WhiteJade
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jun 13, 2009
You wish the world was all daisies and pretty ponies.
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 13, 2009
Better than being part of the ugliness.
WhiteJade
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jun 13, 2009
I had been living there for a few months only. Then I left the city for Hong Kong.

By the way I had never seen any TALL Chinese lady neither in Singapore nor in Hong Kong or Taipei. If you want them tall go to Beijing or another Northern City but they are as white as me there.
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

Jun 13, 2009
Red Chief wrote:I had been living there for a few months only. Then I left the city for Hong Kong.

By the way I had never seen any TALL Chinese lady neither in Singapore nor in Hong Kong or Taipei. If you want them tall go to Beijing or another Northern City but they are as white as me there.

lol cant believe you guys havent caught some disease yet in the far east :D
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 13, 2009
rudeboy wrote:
Red Chief wrote:I had been living there for a few months only. Then I left the city for Hong Kong.

Why are you so anxious? Your service is not required, Rude boy…
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

Jun 13, 2009
rudeboy wrote:

Superior genes my friend :lol:
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 13, 2009
INFAMOUS.
WhiteJade
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jun 13, 2009
WhiteJade wrote:Better than being part of the ugliness.

some fight their way to the top, others lie on the bottom.

MCL in fact you have an admirer, your adoration is working ;)
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 13, 2009

That's true. All are attractive though in their ways.

The only real beauty in the world is in raw nature, music, and women. You can keep the rest.
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 13, 2009
Speedhump wrote:

The only real beauty in the world is in raw nature, music, and women. You can keep the rest.

In this case Dubai is definitely not your cup of tea. Neither of these is available here in their full beauty and variety.

Why do you like this sandcastle? I thought that only here you feel yourself as a Great Brit? Isn’t it correct? (I don’t want to insult but understand only.)
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

Jun 13, 2009
Red Chief wrote:
Speedhump wrote:

In this case Dubai is definitely not your cup of tea. Neither of these is available here in their full beauty and variety.

Why do you like this sandcastle? I thought that only here you feel yourself as a Great Brit? Isn’t it correct? (I don’t want to insult but understand only.)

That always has seemed to be your opinion of me which has always angered me as you know. I know my worth, wherever I am in the world. It's nothing to do with being validated by others, or how others see me. It may sound big-headed but you have to have your own respect. I hope you have the same. I am here because I like the heat VERY MUCH, and I am close to my customers whom I always had even when I was in the UK, and there's no tax, and it's safe for my daughter. There must a lot of other reasons that I can't be bothered to think of today. Oh, and I loved Dubai 10-12 years ago, it was strange and different to me. Now unfortunately it's getting much like any other major city of the world. But it must grow up I guess.

If I get treated better by shop staff or anywhere else for that matter because I am white, well you get exactly the same, don't make it about being British as you always seem to.

I would also ask what brings you here if you are not offended by the question?
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 13, 2009
I see your point, there seems at first not much on my list that fits the bill here. The local women can be heartbreakingly beautiful though, and Arabic music can be mind bending with its emotionally charged tonal scales, and the empty beauty of the desert is also something I can appreciate, when you stand in it and the silence presses on your ears like 30 feet underwater, and the sun on the sand in all directions making your senses reel. You can appreciate what has made the Arab a very uncompromising yet careful and ruminatory people, having to deal with such austerity as a part of live until only one recent generation.
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 13, 2009
Pathetic.
WhiteJade
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jun 13, 2009
:D
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 13, 2009
I guess I should be honoured that I am the only person you attack with your silly little one line barbs when I get angry on DF. But be careful, my patience is not endless dear. :P
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 13, 2009
Dear yourself.

I know you can't live without attacking people.
WhiteJade
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jun 13, 2009
What did you just say to me a minute or so ago in another thread about minding my own business?

Nobody is attacked that other people also have not also attacked for their childish, racist or otherwise objectionable posts. But you don't seem to worry about that. You are very blinkered!

Is it so hard to practise what you preach...dear?
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 13, 2009
(the dear is sarcastic, I'm sure you get it ;))
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 13, 2009
I have a blog. Does anyone want to see it? It describes my interests.
puppypup
Dubai Expat Helper

Jun 13, 2009
puppypup wrote:I have a blog. Does anyone want to see it? It describes my interests.

humpty and rc would be delighted to read about ur interests :D
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 13, 2009
puppypup wrote:I have a blog. Does anyone want to see it? It describes my interests.

I would like to have a peek at it Puppy.

Wonder what goes on in that mind of yours ;)
RobbyG
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Jun 14, 2009
Speedhump wrote:What did you just say to me a minute or so ago in another thread about minding my own business?

Nobody is attacked that other people also have not also attacked for their childish, racist or otherwise objectionable posts. But you don't seem to worry about that. You are very blinkered!

Is it so hard to practise what you preach...dear?

Alright alright 'dear', you are allowed to go on with your ugliness then :lol:
WhiteJade
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jun 14, 2009

Hey I'm super interested!
I'm sure it'll have a lot of matter related to cuisine, Asians, Travel, and a peek into your exciting (or should I say $exciting) life :wink:
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 14, 2009
Speedhump wrote:I see your point, there seems at first not much on my list that fits the bill here. The local women can be heartbreakingly beautiful though.

Heartbreakingly beautiful is so so right good man!
So right you are! Sigh!
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 14, 2009
Speedhump wrote:
WhiteJade wrote:Better than being part of the ugliness.

some fight their way to the top, others lie on the bottom.

MCL in fact you have an admirer, your adoration is working ;)

Adoration??? Me ne pas compris speedy!

And who is this admirer who possesses such good taste! :lol:
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 14, 2009
rudeboy wrote:

humpty and rc would be delighted to read about ur interests :D

I get Humpty is Speedo but who is RC? A cola? Please leave comments to all those who take a peek. It makes my blog look so active. :lol:

Misery Called Life wrote:Hey I'm super interested!
I'm sure it'll have a lot of matter related to cuisine, Asians, Travel, and a peek into your exciting (or should I say $exciting) life :wink:

:lol: You know me pretty well. I'm still working on the traveling part but I'll get there. Trust me there is no $exciting life unless we're talking solo. :roll:
puppypup
Dubai Expat Helper

Jun 14, 2009
puppypup wrote: Trust me there is no $exciting life unless we're talking solo. :roll:

I wouldn't be surprised to learn that even going solo in your own home is a crime in the UAE :D
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 14, 2009
Speedhump wrote:
puppypup wrote: Trust me there is no $exciting life unless we're talking solo. :roll:

I wouldn't be surprised to learn that even going solo in your own home is a crime in the UAE :D

Where did she say that she likes doing it at home? It seems that she prefer to attract some crowd according to her activity on DF.
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

Jun 14, 2009
Hm yes, memories of seeing stage acts in Amsterdam spring to mind. But even they usually also involve some animal....
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat