A Man Or Woman Without Enemies.

Topic locked
A Man or Woman Without Enemies. Mar 18, 2013
Meet Walter Barnes.
All golfers should live so long as to be this kind of old man!

Toward the end of the Sunday service, the Minister asked, "How many of you have forgiven your enemies?"
80% held up their hands.
The Minister then repeated his question. All responded this time, except one man, Walter Barnes, who attended church only when the weather was bad.
"Mr. Barnes, it's obviously not a good morning for golf. It's good to see you here today. Are you not willing to forgive your enemies?"
"I don't have any," he replied gruffly.
"Mr. Barnes, that is very unusual. How old are you?"
"Ninety-eight," he replied. The congregation stood up and clapped their hands.
"Oh, Mr. Barnes, would you please come down in front and tell us all how a person can live ninety-eight years and not have an enemy in the world?"

The old golfer tottered down the aisle, stopped in front of the pulpit, turned around, faced the congregation, and said simply, "I outlived all them assholes", and he calmly returned to his seat.

How many enemies do you have (if any?!).
On and off DF :P

Jonkers
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Re: A Man Or Woman Without Enemies. Mar 19, 2013
Funny story Jonkers. ( I do wish you'd chose a decent username!)

Personally I don't have any enemies. It takes effort to hate and I haven't met many who can stir that feeling in me.

Mostly I find people irritating, like that itch you can't scratch. But enemies, no. Not even on DF. Never had anybody on my foe list!
BMreformed
Dubai chat master

Nobody on my foe list either.
FlyingDutchman
Dubai forums Addict

I agree that this is an irritating username I have picked. I assure you, this was intentional, so the purpose has been achieved :D

Who or what does one label as an enemy? I think its someone that would like to see harm done to one, in however small a way. In my "book", that constitutes an enemy. To us lesser mortals.

I have never had anyone on my foe list either.
Jonkers
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Re: A Man Or Woman Without Enemies. Mar 26, 2013
There are many people in the world one would like to see harm done to... but there is no one on my foe list either... :D
shaze
Dubai Forums Member

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat