Jumping A Traffic Signal

Topic locked
Jumping a Traffic Signal Nov 22, 2013
Hi dear all,

Started my day with a hiccup, got distracted close to Century Mall traffic signal in Deira and by the time I approached signal it turned red and it was too late to stop behind the fat stop line. I did stop but I had crossed the line by a yard or two and got camera flash with literally no time to smile, :)

I've been browsing online for the consequences to this achievement, whether an award of AED 800 + 8 Black Bonus points and a complementary 15 days car confiscation is all I should get or are there any other perks & benefits I should be aware of. :bounce:

The above incentives are listed on Dubai Police website under Services but updated back in 2011. I found a recent link from online source where Dubai Police official had reinforced the same package in a statement in June 2013.

A friend shell-shocked me saying I'm entitled to AED 3500 for the deed done, please someone tell me he's lying as RTA & Dubai Police systems are not showing any results under my car registration yet. :(

capri765
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: Jumping A Traffic Signal Nov 24, 2013
You most likely do not get a fine as you came to a full stop. Even if it is beyond the line, it will not be a problem. You would have gotten the fine if you did not stop, continued driving.... If you indeed have no fine withing 2-3 days, you are off the hook.

If you get the fine, your car will be inpounded, but I have no idea about how high the fine is; but it will be steep.
BudW
Dubai Forum User

Re: Jumping A Traffic Signal Nov 24, 2013
Thanks BudW for your kind feedback. I've just checked again Dubai Police website and no fine appears under my car registration. I pray it's true what you said that I might be off the hook, but a lesson definitely learnt.
capri765
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: Jumping A Traffic Signal Mar 07, 2014
Even I think if they did not contact you, you don't have to worry about the fine.
rickydavis
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Re: Jumping A Traffic Signal Mar 08, 2014
I had a narrow escape I believe, no fine for the signal camera flash. But unluckily had 6 parking fines in a matter of 2-3 weeks; 5 out of 6 were for parking in the back of Sahara Centre (unpaved parking) where over a 100 cars park every night. Dubai Police told me there is a warning board; I checked and there is one but right at the end of the parking facing towards road and backside towards the parking area. Hence new drivers won't think twice seeing the amount of cars parked. I got fines for back dates, so couldn't do anything than to pay. Please always be aware of parking areas, there is apparently a list of free parking on Dubai police website.
capri765
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: Jumping A Traffic Signal Mar 11, 2014
As far as my knowledge goes you are not liable for any penalty, this is slight mistake that you made and by stopping you proved that you are concern citizen but you committed a mistake that can be sort out just by giving a warning. So, don’t afraid. Relax and try to keep your out from Vehicle driving for a weak and you feel better and again you will be good to drive.
Sumayahamari
Dubai Forum Visitor

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat