Injustified Fines By Dubai Police Traffic Department!!!

Topic locked

Are you Happy with the way Dubai Police Fines the Public???

Its Simply Pathetic
40%
They just Fine us left and right
No votes
Who cares my company pays
No votes
This is their country and they have right to do so
60%

Total votes : 10

Injustified Fines by Dubai Police Traffic Department!!! Nov 13, 2007
One Evening in Bur Dubai during Ramadan after searching for parking for one hour I parked my car for 2 minutes in handicapped parking with my family inside the car for a bottle of water for my 4 year kid. Cop in arab national dress appeared from nowhere and issued fine despite of pleading and request. Fine appeared as AED. 500/- and I searched the same site for fine amount for this violation. Lo and Behold it was published as AED. 100. Can I know how many of you guys check the correct fine for the violation on traffic website before you actually pay the same. Be careful and recheck what you have been fined and what you actually pay. Do not pay blindly because you have right to ask for clarification from Dubai Police Head Quarters. We cannot be fined as per their whims and fancies. :shock: :cry: :cry:

ekbechara
Dubai Forums Member

Nov 13, 2007
just dont park in the handicap parking next time
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 13, 2007
Bleakus wrote:just dont park in the handicap parking next time

I so agree with you "B", their is always an excuse as to why the guy/gal in the Lexus / Jag parks in the Handicap area.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Nov 13, 2007
go and register a complaint at the police station on the same.. they might tell u, what is the provision under which the cop can charge u extra..and also dont park in the handicap parking next time.. even for a second..sympathies
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Nov 13, 2007
btw the fine for parking in the handicap parking is 500dhs
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 13, 2007
Bleakus wrote:btw the fine for parking in the handicap parking is 500dhs

And so it should be, with a multiplier related to the value of the vehicle :wink:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Nov 13, 2007
You deserve the fine! There's never an excuse for parking in handicap spot, deal with it!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Nov 13, 2007
an ppl still be wastin water ..

it cost this niggga 501.50 dhs ... use that mineral wisely be the storyline.
Jamal
Mr. DubaiForums 2006

Nov 14, 2007
yea fcuk some of these cops, I got 3 speeding tickets!!!!!! fcuk those radars on SZR :D
Cybix
Dubai Forums Member

Nov 14, 2007
In his/her defence I don't think that ekbechara parked in this space with disregard for others. His/her acctions indicate quite the opposite.
The car was occupied by the family.
The car was probably running with the a/c on.
The driver did not have a maid to get the water for him/her which deserves some credit.
I don't know what the national police guy was thinking, but I would conclude from the above observations that the driver was no more than 2 minutes away from their car.
And in the unlikely event that a handicapped person decides to exercise their right to park in the parking space, they will only have to wait another minute max for the offending driver to depart.
I have never parked in a handicapped space, but I dread that I may need to one day and I would hope for some common sense to prevail.
Dubai is one of the few westernised countries where political correctness and negative discrimination haven't taken over every facet of life and thats the way I like it.
benwj
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Nov 14, 2007
<i>Dubai is one of the few westernised countries where political correctness and negative discrimination haven't taken over every facet of life and thats the way I like it.</i>

Nope, I think that the UAE (Duabi is not a country) is one of the few modernised countries I've been too where people have a high disregard for manners and common courtesy, people can have or develop such a selfish attitude and certain sections of the populus feel they can do what they like and sod everybody else because they have certain financial clout or know certain people.
CVB
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Nov 14, 2007
benwj wrote:In his/her defence I don't think that ekbechara parked in this space with disregard for others. His/her acctions indicate quite the opposite.
The driver did not have a maid to get the water for him/her which deserves some credit.
I don't know what the national police guy was thinking, but I would conclude from the above observations that the driver was no more than 2 minutes away from their car.
And in the unlikely event that a handicapped person decides to exercise their right to park in the parking space, they will only have to wait another minute max for the offending driver to depart.
I have never parked in a handicapped space, but I dread that I may need to one day and I would hope for some common sense to prevail.
Dubai is one of the few westernised countries where political correctness and negative discrimination haven't taken over every facet of life and thats the way I like it.

While I agree with you it was max 2 minutes or less as my wife called me informing this guy in national dress is looking for driver and I rushed back without water, secondly I did not park in disabled space but behind the car which was parked already in disabled space. As far as I know no cop in any country woud be so inhuman to issue ticket without understanding the situation and here we are debating about 2 minutes or maybe less. If I was at fault there was no hue and cry about the matter but during Ramadan when these guys boast of kindness while I have seen them hyper most of the time and inconsiderate during this month. Do you guys still gettin wat i mean to say and agree to this. If not than I rest my case and not go to the HQ for further arguments and waste my time.
ekbechara
Dubai Forums Member

Nov 14, 2007
benwj wrote:In his/her defence I don't think that ekbechara parked in this space with disregard for others. His/her acctions indicate quite the opposite.

While I agree with you it was max 2 minutes or less as my wife called me informing this guy in national dress is looking for driver and I rushed back without water, secondly I did not park in disabled space but behind the car which was parked already in disabled space. As far as I know no cop in any country woud be so inhuman to issue ticket without understanding the situation and here we are debating about 2 minutes or maybe less. If I was at fault there was no hue and cry about the matter but during Ramadan when these guys boast of kindness while I have seen them hyper most of the time and inconsiderate during this month. Do you guys still gettin wat i mean to say and agree to this. If not than I rest my case and not go to the HQ for further arguments and waste my time.
ekbechara
Dubai Forums Member

Nov 14, 2007
ekbechara wrote: As far as I know no cop in any country woud be so inhuman to issue ticket without understanding the situation and here we are debating about 2 minutes or maybe less.

Don't kid yourself. I have seen it happen in many countries. I have no sympathy for non-handicaps who park in handicap spaces.
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Nov 14, 2007
You won't get any joy arguing the fact! Actually what you've just written makes it even worse - so you actually blocked in a disabled driver - well done!

You didn't park in a designated space and instead blocked in another car, a disabled one at that, you don't have a leg to stand on, the traffic cop was right to fine you, just pay it and stop moaning.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Nov 14, 2007
^ian^ wrote:
ekbechara wrote: As far as I know no cop in any country woud be so inhuman to issue ticket without understanding the situation and here we are debating about 2 minutes or maybe less.

Don't kid yourself. I have seen it happen in many countries. I have no sympathy for non-handicaps who park in handicap spaces.

As much nonsense as I've faced with the local cops, you are right in this case. Dubai is different from the West in this case in that you CAN actually talk your way out of a ticket more easily around here. The dude already admitted to illegal parking, and cops in the West would've issued him a ticket even quicker.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Nov 14, 2007
Chocoholic wrote:You won't get any joy arguing the fact! Actually what you've just written makes it even worse - so you actually blocked in a disabled driver - well done!

You didn't park in a designated space and instead blocked in another car, a disabled one at that, you don't have a leg to stand on, the traffic cop was right to fine you, just pay it and stop moaning.

Ouch! Thats a bit too harsh on the guy.. Personally, I never knew cars can be disabled.. I've never seen a disabled car.. So i dont get how can it be different from blocking any other car. :roll:
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Nov 14, 2007
St.Lucifer wrote:
Chocoholic wrote:You won't get any joy arguing the fact! Actually what you've just written makes it even worse - so you actually blocked in a disabled driver - well done!

Ouch! Thats a bit too harsh on the guy.. Personally, I never knew cars can be disabled.. I've never seen a disabled car.. So i dont get how can it be different from blocking any other car. :roll:

Lots of disabled cars in Awir Auto Market. :wink:

Anyway, I whined at the cops before for false speeding tickets when another car is in the photo. This dude actually did something illegal. The chance to talk himself out of it was when the cop was writing it. No point dragging this on for an actual ticketable offence.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Nov 14, 2007

How is this even worse?
A driver can only be blocked-in if he is trying to depart the space, right?
Obviously the disabled driver was not in the vicinity of the car and therefore was not blocked from going anywhere.

Technically, ekbechara was not parking in the handicapped space anyway. A more appropriate fine would have been double parking, which is a different matter... but the dubai police don't want to set a precident in that department now do they!!!

ekbechara was within the vicinity of the car the whole time and no one was being inconveienced, so why does he deserve a fine? I am sure that his concern was with the handicapped driver the entire time, and he would have gladly appoligised for any inconvienience on the off chance that the disabled driver made it back to the car, folded their wheelchair up, and climbed into the drivers seat in less than 2 minutes.
benwj

Nov 14, 2007
Pfff - whatever! Just pay the fine and quit moaning.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Nov 15, 2007
Chocoholic wrote:Pfff - whatever! Just pay the fine and quit moaning.

Good advice.
You are dreaming if you think that you can get this fine thrown out.
benwj

Nov 15, 2007
This reminds me of an earlier thread regarding parking in handicap spaces http://dubaiforums.com/viewtopic.php?t= ... 474ffbb188
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 16, 2007
The cops should spend more time booking people speeding and driving rashly on the SZR and Emirates road.

No action seems to be taken against these offenders
KeithL
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: Injustified Fines by Dubai Police Traffic Department!!! Nov 17, 2007
ekbechara wrote:One Evening in Bur Dubai during Ramadan after searching for parking for one hour I parked my car for 2 minutes in handicapped parking with my family inside the car for a bottle of water for my 4 year kid. Cop in arab national dress appeared from nowhere and issued fine despite of pleading and request. Fine appeared as AED. 500/- and I searched the same site for fine amount for this violation. Lo and Behold it was published as AED. 100. Can I know how many of you guys check the correct fine for the violation on traffic website before you actually pay the same. Be careful and recheck what you have been fined and what you actually pay. Do not pay blindly because you have right to ask for clarification from Dubai Police Head Quarters. We cannot be fined as per their whims and fancies. :shock: :cry: :cry:

QQ more noob

L2Park :P

sorry had to say that lol
kashif
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Nov 18, 2007
There are specific rules that you have to follow, disregarding those rules (no matter for what reason) is wrong and you deserve the fine..

Put yourself in the cops place, would you believe that someone who blocked a car and came back without water did that to buy water?? doesnt make sense
hamadl
Dubai Forums Talker

Nov 20, 2007
hamadl wrote:There are specific rules that you have to follow, disregarding those rules (no matter for what reason) is wrong and you deserve the fine..

Put yourself in the cops place, would you believe that someone who blocked a car and came back without water did that to buy water?? doesnt make sense

My Friend you dont know me or my name and whats the point, i wud have barely walked about 100 feet to the nearest grocery when my wife called informing this, now tell me in my place would you still go to the shop to buy water bottle or rush back to your car and speak to the cop.. Am I not justified in sayin less than 2 mins.. how long would you take to walk 100 feet and return back. Try it mate. Ramadan Kareem
ekbechara
Dubai Forums Member

Nov 20, 2007
ekbechara wrote:Am I not justified in sayin less than 2 mins..

Are you handicapped? If not, there's your answer.

Ramadan Kareem

Ramadan is way over.
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Nov 20, 2007
Pay it and shut it. If you're too fat or lazy to walk the extra little bit from a normal space then the fine will at least deprive you of a few KFC buckets and make you think about how selfish you are. For me, the biggest irony is it was during Ramadan when you're supposed to be aware of those more needy than you!
scot1870
Dubai Expat Helper

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat