Healthy Food (Almonds)..

Topic locked
healthy food (Almonds).. Aug 11, 2011
I was surprised with that much of benefits in Almonds, anyone knows what else is healthy!

http://www.healthtipsandremedy.com/heal ... lmonds/63/
Almonds are healthy nuts loaded with lots of essential nutrients. Almonds eaten raw or fried, tastes good. It is an ingredient used in various snacks and sweets to enhance its nutritional value. There are various claims on health benefits of almonds. It is said almonds are beneficial for proper development of brain and for improved complexion as well as for healthy hair.

There are various proven benefits of almonds in our daily life. It is the best natural fat burning food. Therefore it is used for losing weight naturally as it has good fiber content. In addition to this, more fiber content helps in proper digestion as well as increases energy level. We can also find various evidences of almonds health benefits in maintain cholesterol level. Munching of almonds instead of some unhealthy snacks helps in reducing excess fat accumulated around your waist.

Benefits of almonds are also marked as to improve skin and hair texture. Vitamin B contents in almonds promote healthy growth of hair as well as nails. It also moisturizes skin therefore it is also used as natural scrub. Almond oil mixed with honey and lemon juice is used as face mask once in a week to improve skin texture. Almond oil is also used as skin moisturizer to make the skin glow. Almond oil is also a good hair conditioner and prevents hair fall, split ends and breakage as it moisturizes the scalp.

-- Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:42 am --

can anyone comment on this list as well?
unfortunately the worst list looks prettier than the best ( as a total :D )
worst:
1. Artery Crust
2. Triple Bypass
3. Salt's On!
4. Tortilla Terror
5. Factory Reject
6. Burial Grands
7. Transgression
8. Starbucks on Steroids
9. Extreme Ice Cream
10. Stone Cold

Best:
1. Sweet Potatoes
2. Mangoes
3. Unsweetened Greek Yogurt
4. Broccoli
5. Wild Salmon
6. Crispbreads
7. Garbanzo Beans
bulgur, or other whole grains.
8. Watermelon
9. Butternut Squash
10. Leafy Greens

http://www.cspinet.org/nah/10foods_bad.html

Mahmoud04
Dubai chat master

Re: healthy food (Almonds).. Aug 11, 2011
anything apart from junk food is healthy for you ;)

but i believe olive oil is the most healthy stuff out there!! Just go to the mediteranian and you will be shocked how people have red cheeks :D
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: Healthy Food (Almonds).. Aug 11, 2011
I'm contemplating switching to olive oil for all my cooking needs, only problem is it burns too easily and quite pricey.
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

it was my lovely dinner for some time, white cheese with olive oil along with cucumber & tomato .
now only God knows what oil I have from delivery :D
Mahmoud04
Dubai chat master

desertdudeshj wrote:I'm contemplating switching to olive oil for all my cooking needs, only problem is it burns too easily and quite pricey.

never look at the price but always consider what value does it bring to you.. for example what does olive oil give to you compared to other cooking oil!

olive oil gives you a healthy and you will probably live upto 100 years :P whereas normal cooking oil will do all the nasty stuff to you and you will probably die young!! so even if olive oil was expensive, its still worth it cos you will probably get to live longer!
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

From the worst list I indulge in #3. From the best: all on my food list. I like almonds soaked in water.

I agree, olive oil does burn and leaves a nasty taste, but I do use it on salads - anywhere from virgin to light. If you want to get the benefit of oil take Cod Liver Oil capsules. You would be amazed how it boosts the immune system.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Re: Healthy Food (Almonds).. May 12, 2013
ALMOND are really good, i specially soak it in to water for 15 minutes, peeling off the brown layers and then having it 5 pieces early morning.

Its giving me good effect.
Judij
BANNED

Re: Healthy Food (Almonds).. May 20, 2013
Sometimes the best way to use the almond is to enjoy them as decoration on foods as its full of rich flavor and sometimes an almond is at its best when you enjoy it simply. Almonds are also good for you with a lot of proteins, vitamin E and omega 3 acids.
jmbrgroup
Dubai Forums Member

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat