Happy Eid

Topic locked
Happy Eid Oct 26, 2012
I'd forgotten it was Eid! Happy Eid to everyone :D

My friend text me to say Eid Mobarak. I thought it was Mubarak but what's in a spelling? And tonight the BBC told me that there was a truce in Syria for the weekend. Mind you, they seemed to be going hammer and tongs prior to Eid :shock:

It reminds me of the stories and TV programmes I've seen on WW1. The Germans and the Brits were busy killing each other in the trenches until Christmas Day when bayonets were put aside and they all played football.

It's a funny old game, war, isn't it?

BMreformed
Dubai chat master

Re: Happy Eid Oct 26, 2012
Eid Mubarak to ALL :)
zubbber
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Happy Eid DF-ers!
FlyingDutchman
Dubai forums Addict

Happy Holidays !
rayznack
Dubai Expat Helper

Yes indeed, Eid Mubarak to all
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: Happy Eid Oct 04, 2014
Eid Mubarak everyone! :D

Well, 'Mubarak' is not an English word, so the spelling has to be phonetic. It should sound like how one says it. Most people say it as it is spelled here. Unless dyslexia is an issue.

On a different note: much innocent animal blood will be spilled as ritual sacrifice on this day, something that totally freaks me out!
People actually do these sacrifices on their doorsteps in the Muslim countries. A sheep or a lamb costs a small fortune, but it has to be done more for keeping up with Joneses.
If you want to impress the neighbours, then go for an Ox or a cow.
If you really really want to impress, sacrifice a camel! That really takes the cake, and you are bound to be mentioned in conversations for weeks around your neighborhood.
Happy BBQing, and remember to floss if you want to avoid a trip to the dentist (and not use a thorn as a toothpick, plucked from the nearby lemon tree!!) :P
Frequentflier
Dubai forums Addict

Re: Happy Eid Oct 14, 2014
Happy Thanksgiving!
BMreformed
Dubai chat master

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat