Got My Driving License From DXB!!

Topic locked
Got my Driving License from DXB!! Oct 19, 2011
Got my Driving License.

In First try. 40 classes from Emirates Driving School. Took me 23 working days. scored 35/35 int theory :P

All the myths of not getting driving license is FALSE.

Here is the story:

We were 4 guys in the car including myself.

The first starts the car and takes 10 minutes to get the car out of the parking. He breaks and accelerates so hard that we were literally falling off. Every time he made a move he looked at the examiner. His 4th try failed.

The second guy starts from the hard shoulder. Forgets the hand break. Keeps pressing the accelerator untilt he instructor tells him that the hand break is on. 5th try Failed.

The third guy does everything right but he was alien to the concept of mirrors and indicators. Or he just hated to use them. 2nd try failed.

I drove by the book for 10 minutes in a relaxed mood. Mirrors, shoulders, speed control, awarness and eyes all over the place and i got passed.

I am 100% sure that people who fail make some obvious mistakes.

rafay321
Dubai Forum User

Re: Got my Driving License from DXB!! Oct 19, 2011
^ where you from?
Ambassador
Dubai chat master

Re: Got my Driving License from DXB!! Oct 20, 2011
^Sorry i forgot to mention that even the famous "Ärab gets license quick" myth is false. Your nationality and race plays no role anyhow.

I am from Pakistan. 8)
rafay321
Dubai Forum User

rafay321 wrote:Your nationality and race plays no role anyhow.

8)

It absolutely does...
Ambassador
Dubai chat master

Re: Got My Driving License From DXB!! Oct 20, 2011
There is a quota. One out of 4 gets a license. It used to be 1 out of 100, but the complaints were overwhelming and some people thought it was just a money making racket. :shock: Apparently it was your lucky day!!!! or the other 3 were Bangedeshi. :D
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

I'd give a year max before all these myths of our dear friend are shattered.
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Bora Bora wrote:There is a quota. One out of 4 gets a license. It used to be 1 out of 100, but the complaints were overwhelming and some people thought it was just a money making racket. :shock: Apparently it was your lucky day!!!! or the other 3 were Bangedeshi. :D

Its "Bangladeshi"

For th at matter, what does being *Bangladeshi* have to do with failing ? :shock:
BlackburnRovers
Dubai Expat Helper

Well it's not true as far as my experience of one test goes.

The three made some explicit mistakes. I mean how do you expect to pass when you forget to lower the handbreak or make turns without signaling. I think they knew they would fail anyhow.

YES it is tough to drive with all those lame checking ensuring focusing rules, but if you do, you are through.

Nationality has nothing to do with it. If it was true, the 3rd Arab guy would have passed instead of me. The rest 2 were Mallus.
rafay321
Dubai Forum User

BlackburnRovers wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:There is a quota. One out of 4 gets a license. It used to be 1 out of 100, but the complaints were overwhelming and some people thought it was just a money making racket. :shock: Apparently it was your lucky day!!!! or the other 3 were Bangedeshi. :D

Its "Bangladeshi"

For th at matter, what does being *Bangladeshi* have to do with failing ? :shock:

Oh lord. Nothing gets past you. Thank you for correcting my TYPO!!! :lol: Let me return the favor: You wrote: "For th at matter" - can you see where you went wrong?

I apologize if I offended you. :roll:
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

BC..............wats wid yew guyz and spellingz? whts da damn obsession!! Dunt act liek BCs..Dis place really iz a pile of twash man......all yew gandus hittin my loose nerve :lol:
rafay321
Dubai Forum User

well... it depends on the mood of the instructor tbh. my first test was with a very annoyed young police officer, which i failed even though i was driving correctly and relaxed.

2nd test was with a very old man with long beard wearing a kondura, in which i had taken 10 minutes to properly park the car in the testing garage. he failed me, but upon walking out he called me again and tore the test paper infront of me and just told me he will pass me :lol:
xero_
Dubai forums Addict

rafay321 wrote:BC..............wats wid yew guyz and spellingz? whts da damn obsession!! Dunt act liek BCs..Dis place really iz a pile of twash man......all yew gandus hittin my loose nerve :lol:

Eh? :?

Is that Patois? Pass the ganja 8)

marley.jpg
marley.jpg (1.99 KiB) Viewed 2369 times
Bethsmum
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat