GEMS WSS Westminster Sharjah

Topic locked
GEMS WSS Westminster Sharjah Nov 24, 2012
Dear Parents

I am a parent of 3 kids at GEMS WSS Westminster Sharjah School, i want to advise you that moving your kids to WSS School would be your biggest mistake in life.. I am biting my fingers for moving my kids into such a bad managed and teachers qualification they have in place ... for your kids sake - don't move them...

To list quickly
1- Subjects Portions (materials) are not clear and not prepared - all depends on teachers and there are no standards or unified system or portions

2- No discipline in classes as teachers have no experience no how to control

3- COMPLETE mess in playing area without any supervision

4- Teachers in lower grades shout and scream on kids in a very bad way

5- Teacher sit at their chairs and ask students to copy from the projecter slides without explanation

6- Students are not aquiring the knowledge and info in classes and am a parent is spedning 3+ hr to teach and re-educate my kids at home

7- Management only concern is to have activities and photo them to show

8- Teachers leave students in classes to look after activities !!

9- ALL WHAT THEY WROTE ON THIER WEBSITE of "Learn. inspire, be" is on papers only!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is really a shame !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! to have such school within GEMS group

oussamaf
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: GEMS WSS Westminster Sharjah Sep 17, 2013
agree so far
ishem
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: GEMS WSS Westminster Sharjah Sep 18, 2013
UFff.. I really feel sorry for that.. But you can place a complain against the school in the ministry if education!
Alayah
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: GEMS WSS Westminster Sharjah Sep 18, 2013
I feel sorry for other parents who are in now... I have got my 3 kids out already and

Note: a lot of complaints and discussed with GEMs senior management but the situation didn't change a lot.. NOT sure about this year and my best advice is to keep your eyes on your kids and teach them at home so they don't loose thier x-knowledge with a hope WSS could fix their status

Trust me it was a painful time for us as parents and kids as well

rgds

--- Oct 09, 2013 ---

This is in the news today in arabic (for english speaking - u might need to use translate-google)
check: emaratalyoum local-section accidents 2013-10-09-1.613734
(note: i am not allowed to put links so remove the spaces of the above link and "/" to include

Brief: A student had a severe cut of his fingers at the school (door closed at his fingers) when he had a fight with another student - no teacher/supervisor ... Parent had issued a legal case against the school

We have to pray for all students to be safe in this school... I do request GEMS management to look into this school and its management at WSS as it is a bad and black spot in their profile.
oussamaf
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: GEMS WSS Westminster Sharjah Nov 24, 2013
I definitely agree with oussamaf.
jamesdean
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

undefined Feb 26, 2015
I am father of 2 kids & they are studying in Gems Westminster School, Sharjah, i feel teachers, principal & management staff are great & well educated but the behaviour of accounts dept is very bad, as per school policy if u refer any student u will eligible to get back 4% of the cash back i referred 11 students & out of 11 five students are selected 9 months gone i haven't received my cash reward & now after 9 months accounts dept saying they haven't received approval yet from head office & not able to reimburse me without head office approval, now to whom i complain & i sent a lot of emails to school even principal also in CC in my all emails but after 9 / 10 months problem is not yet solved now i am thinking to send all emails to Ministry of Education.
Jamesbond
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

undefined Oct 14, 2015
Hi my son is studyng in grade 1 in westminister sharjah .really poor teaching poor management i m really dessperate nd thinking my son abilities r going ruin under the poor teaching

--- Oct 14, 2015 ---

I want to change my school next year definately.please help me to find the good one under this school fee range.i complaint lots of time but no effect really my heart is cryng to see the level of teaching nd stydy condiyionz
hinaasif
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat