My Experiance From Investing In Gold And Silver

Topic locked
my experiance from Investing in Gold and Silver Feb 15, 2012
I am writing to inform the people who were previously interested in my GOLD and SILVER investment outcome.

So, i finally decided what to invest in. This decision was based upon opinions from the people in many forums and friends.

After concluding advantages and benefits from various investments i concluded that Gold and SILVER investments were most beneficial.

The company which i dealt with was MY GLOBAL INVESTMENTS. They have firms located in Dubai and Abu Dhabi and UK, LONDON.

I simply made an investment within my future wealth through MY GLOBAL INVESTMENTS, in buying some GOLD and SILVER.

I will not disclose in how much i invested as i feel this is personal, but to be honest the investment amount is totally dependent on yourself with obvious outcomes such as the larger the investment the bigger the return in future.

From memory i think its only 5 – 6 steps when investing with this company!!
So it’s simple quick and easy!
If anyone wants some more information from me feel free to ask if you’re unsure of anything or any questions you may have.

--- Feb 15, 2012 ---

wahab
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Re: My Experiance From Investing In Gold And Silver Feb 15, 2012
most of the gold in dubai is basically titanium rods plated with gold ;)
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: My Experiance From Investing In Gold And Silver Feb 21, 2012
when i had invested my own personal savings into gold it is obvious i will make sure i am getting what i am investing into.

For my own satisfaction i was assisted to the GOLD refinery with one of the staff members from the My Global Investments team where i saw with my own eyes that it was PURE 24 KARAT GOLD.

when investing you make sure what you get what you pay for.

MY GLOBALINVESTMENTS is DMCC regulated for those who do not know what that means here is a short explanation

DMCC

Established in 2002 by Royal Decree, the Dubai Multi Commodities Centre Authority (DMCC) is a strategic initiative of the Government of Dubai, with a mandate to enhance commodity trade flows through the Emirate by providing the appropriate physical, market, financial infrastructure and services required.

DMCC has implemented a robust compliance and regulatory regime which is in line with the compliance related laws and regulations of the UAE Federal Government and the competent international bodies.

if you require more information you can look it up on their website : my global investments

if you want update information about precious metals and how its being affected in the current climate visit them on FACEBOOK.

GlobalInvestmentsAssetManagement
wahab
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Re: my experiance from Investing in Gold and Silver Feb 22, 2012
Yes Gold and silver is a good investment, only if you buy it direct from gold dealers. Buying through middle men like MY GLOBAL INVESTMENTS, is just feeding people in the food chain that you dont need and they will take advantage of your investments and cut your returns.
Buy direct, anyone can do it, no need these phony companies.
herve
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: My Experiance From Investing In Gold And Silver Feb 22, 2012
However you may say they are middle men, but when ANYONE buys GOLD they do NOT buy from the GOLD REFINARY! So its obvious to see the price My Global Investment buys and sells at is much more reasonable then majority of the companiea out there.

My own investment which i have made was most reasonable with this company over others.

They do not add VAT which cuts down the price you buy at. If your investment large sums you will save rather then it being wasted on VAT

Before i invested, i done months of research as i like to be aware of what i invest in.

Majority of the companies do take advantage i do agree there with you no doubt! I was shocked with some of the quotes and prices i was given.
wahab
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Re: my experiance from Investing in Gold and Silver Feb 22, 2012
You can buy gold at your local gold dealer, the same price, as anywhere in the world, usually 3 or 4% above spot.
How much do you buy gold @ My Global Investment then?.
There is no vat tax on gold purchase, where did you get this? There may be a tax when you sell it, but certainly not when you buy it. So if My Global Investment told you that, they lied to you. Walk away!
Today, gold closed @ $1,757.10 you could buy it @ $1,807 at any local gold dealer.
So, how much was My global investment selling gold.
herve
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: My Experiance From Investing In Gold And Silver Feb 26, 2012
what local dealer do you buy gold from? cuz u have to buy coins or bullions or the sort if u need to buy it for investment and i dont think jewellers keep those do they?

Is virtual gold trading better than real gold trading? i've been looking to invest in gold for a while now but i jus don seem to understand it very well and i havent had the time to put into research :(
tony89
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Re: my experiance from Investing in Gold and Silver Feb 26, 2012
Some jewelry stores have gold coins and bullions. Otherwise check under "precious metals", or coin shops, they sell bullions and coins, gold silver platinum. and they buy them too on spot value minus 2%. if they offer you less, they are not legit.
Here is a link to get gold prices live. Whether you live in Dubai, Paris or New York, gold has the same value, contrary to what poeple think , there is no place on earth where you can buy gold cheaper.
Add 3 or 4% on top of the spot value, and that s it, if you are asked for more , walk away.
Gold is a great investment but beware of these phony companies who offer gold investment, they are all scams. buy it from established dealers.
Yes you can also buy virtual gold, they stock it for you. you may save on shipping costs, but nothing can replace having your coins for real and in your hands.
http://www.kitco.com/charts/livegold.html
herve
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: My Experiance From Investing In Gold And Silver Feb 27, 2012
There is a right time for investment and there is wrong time for investment, for some reason I'm staying out of gold investment. But it is good idea to keep 5% to 10% of the portion of your investment in physical gold.
Nucleus
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: My Experiance From Investing In Gold And Silver Feb 29, 2012
When you purchase gold for investment purposes majority of the local gold dealers do not stock or keep bullions within their store. Depending on where you live and the area.

I travel a lot to the UK and to be honest with you majority of the shops selling gold or silver are just local jewellers. The prices you buy at do actually differ even so like you mentioned the closing price of the gold is the same all over the world.

However, from area to area and country to country gold/silver jewellers mark up their prices knowing that many residents cannot purchase precious metals from the actually refinery.

When investment into gold i felt it was best going through a company who is able to purchase on my behalf at a reasonable price without all the stress.

I am aware there are many scammers and con men trying to fool people, but if you do research properly there are a few good companies out there who are reliable. And in my case i invested with MY GLOBAL INVESTMENTS.

I have seen other companies who are within the same field but there main base was too far for me to trust.

So I went with this company as they based in Dubai and are regulated by the DMCC as I explained previously.

As they buy precious metal straight from a refinery there are no middle men charges. And in my case i was charged only 2%.

The chain is something like this: Gold Refinery to Gold Smith to gold/silver Jewellers

And obviously each stage adds on their own commission hence, by the time the precious metals arrive at the local jewellers the price is pretty high.

That's were companies like MY global investments come in, as they create links to and from refineries and get precious metals for a reasonable price.

--- Feb 29, 2012 ---

And yes there is tax on gold within the UK no matter what jewellers you approach if you ask, they all have the same answer.

i travel back and forth to dubai so the precious metals market is more expensive within the UK
wahab
Dubai Expat Wannabe

I'm talking about keeping it at safe place like a bank vault.
Nucleus
Dubai Forums Veteran

Yes, you are correct (Nuleus) it is vital and important for your own welfare and safety that investment such as Gold or Silver is kept at a bank or in secure vaulting systems.

The company i have invested in also offers secure vaulting with BRINKS, however, because i am local to dubai i requested my precious metals to be store within the Dubai's Almas Tower,

As i have lived in Dubai for several years i know the ALMAS Tower is secure and safe. This building was built to occupy diamonds and precious metals and brinks works within it.

And for me that is a strong reassurance with the company i have invested with and knowing my investment is kept safe and can seen or even shipped out to me.

However because i move around a lot i prefer to keep such investments within Dubai's ALMAS Tower with a high reputation of security.
wahab
Dubai Expat Wannabe

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat