Ending Life: Susan Griffith's Story.

Topic locked
Ending Life: Susan Griffith's Story. Apr 30, 2013
Dignitas: a Non-profit Organization in Switzerland that administers assisted suicide for both locals and foreigners.
Susan Griffiths was a Canadian who suffered from a rare disease called Multiple Systems Atrophy, with no known cure. The disease gradually shuts down every system in the body, leading to a slow and painful death, with the patient unable to feed herself or take care of oneself.

Susan decided to end her life, and went to Dignitas. She died a couple of days ago with dignity and was happy right till the end, singing songs and laughing and chatting with clinic staff and family members, in the beautiful grounds of the Clinic in Zurich. She died at 7 in the morning by drinking some medicine, like Socrates, the Greek philosopher thousands of years before her!

This is just the way she would have wanted it, according to her daughter.

If I were afflicted by any such condition, I know where I'd go now. Dignitas is a beacon of hope for such people.

Do you agree??

Read more here: http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2013/04/26 ... 54469.html

Jonkers
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Re: Ending Life: Susan Griffith's Story. Apr 30, 2013
Definitely. If I had some incurable disease I want to be allowed to have a say in when I die. What is the point in keeping someone alive who doesn't want it? Why become a burden to your family and lose all self respect?
BMreformed
Dubai chat master

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat