Dumb Dumb Dumb Local Drivers!

Topic locked
Dumb dumb dumb local drivers! Mar 24, 2010
Tonight I witness the most blatant disregard for the rules of the road and common sense!

Sheikh Zayed Road was moving slowly (as it always seems to do in the evening rush hour) due to an accident that had been posted on the overhead illuminated signs.

In my mirrors, I catch the glitter of blue flashing lights and see an ambulance weaving its way, half on the median hard shoulder trying to get past the traffic and get to the scene of the accident. I, and the cars around me, duly pull over and make a hole to assist. As it goes past...there is a convoy of 5 local drivers in 4x4's tailgating the ambulance and dodging through the traffic in its wake!

Sorry, but that is just plain arrogant, stupid, irresponsible and dumb dumb dumb! I wish I had been able to get their numbers; Inspector Knacker at Bur Dubai HQ would have thrown every book in the station at them and probably impounded their gas guzzling V8 mobile shisha palaces for eternity!

Someone try and tell me they were being 'responsible locals'? Yes UAEKid, they were local I saw every single one of them and can recognise a UAE kandurah very well at that distance.

I hope their God siezes up their engines and dries out their brake fluid in his wrath!!!

:evil: :evil: :evil:

Knight

Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: Dumb dumb dumb local drivers! Mar 24, 2010
DK, in their defense, they could have been CID. I have a birdseye view from my balcony of a location where there are frequent accidents and I have seen them show up at accidents.

On the other hand, I believe you were out of the country for a while and possibly have forgotten how things work here?? :lol:
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Bora Bora wrote:DK, in their defense, they could have been CID. I have a birdseye view from my balcony of a location where there are frequent accidents and I have seen them show up at accidents.

On the other hand, I believe you were out of the country for a while and possibly have forgotten how things work here?? :lol:

Nope, I was not out of the country. And no, Dubai CID don't drive on Abu Dhabi and Ajman plates. Apart from that, I know a lot of the CID guys and they can throw on their own 'blues and two's' any time they like to get through a jam.

There were just normal common or garden morons.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Knight
Dubai Knight

Dubai Knight wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:DK, in their defense, they could have been CID. I have a birdseye view from my balcony of a location where there are frequent accidents and I have seen them show up at accidents.

Nope, I was not out of the country. And no, Dubai CID don't drive on Abu Dhabi and Ajman plates. Apart from that, I know a lot of the CID guys and they can throw on their own 'blues and two's' any time they like to get through a jam.

There were just normal common or garden morons.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Knight

OK, you didn't mention the plate info. According to Kid most have their heads buried in the sand so I'll go with the garden variety. :lol:
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

maybe they could have been family members of the person in the ambulance?

I am not defending anyone here, but just step back and look at it from a different view.

heres a scenario, your dead has a heart attack, you call the ambulance. they take him in the ambulance. Do you:

a) follow him behind the ambulance knowing that it might be your dads last few minutes?
b) get stuck in traffic?
c) just stay at home?
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

It is not surprising! This stuff happens all of the time. WQe all know who the idiots are and who is at fault, The problem is that in the PC climate we are not allowed to say it out loud!!

Smoggie
smoggie
Dubai Expat Helper

Re: Dumb dumb dumb local drivers! Mar 25, 2010
rudeboy wrote:maybe they could have been family members of the person in the ambulance?

I am not defending anyone here, but just step back and look at it from a different view.

heres a scenario, your dead has a heart attack, you call the ambulance. they take him in the ambulance. Do you:

a) follow him behind the ambulance knowing that it might be your dads last few minutes?
b) get stuck in traffic?
c) just stay at home?

Your dad I suppose?

Anyway, in a developed world, you don't tailgate an ambulance or endanger other traffic. You move to the hospital following the rules. Its not that you are the doctor that is gonna do the surgery right?

Hence, leave a minute later for the hospital and drive safely. Thats the way to go.
RobbyG

So the whole family follows? From 3 different Emirates? I don't think so. These were all male, mid to late 30's. It was quite obvious they were just a-holes.

:x :x :x

Knight
Dubai Knight

Dubai Knight wrote:So the whole family follows? From 3 different Emirates? I don't think so. These were all male, mid to late 30's. It was quite obvious they were just a-holes.

Knight

So you were showing off on the Indian tuftuf aight? :lol:
RobbyG

RobbyG wrote:
Dubai Knight wrote:So the whole family follows? From 3 different Emirates? I don't think so. These were all male, mid to late 30's. It was quite obvious they were just a-holes.

Knight

I was stuck in the traffic on 4 wheels actually. If I had been astride my sturdy Indian iron stallion, there would have been no jam.

:D :D :D

Knight
Dubai Knight

Dubai Knight wrote:
RobbyG wrote:

Knight

I was stuck in the traffic on 4 wheels actually. If I had been astride my sturdy Indian iron stallion, there would have been no jam.

:D :D :D

Knight

Grinding along on his Royal hybrid (British/Indian) Enfield :wink:

Would it happen to be the Bullet Electra?
RobbyG

Nope. Its the Bullet 500 Machismo. I have retro styled it a lot so it looks and feels like its original 1950's heritage. Turns heads and gets the thumbs up even from the nose in the air Harley boys.

8) 8) 8)

Knight
Dubai Knight

RobbyG wrote:
rudeboy wrote:maybe they could have been family members of the person in the ambulance?

b) get stuck in traffic?
c) just stay at home?

Your dad I suppose?

Anyway, in a developed world, you don't tailgate an ambulance or endanger other traffic. You move to the hospital following the rules. Its not that you are the doctor that is gonna do the surgery right?

Hence, leave a minute later for the hospital and drive safely. Thats the way to go.

yes i meant dad :D

lol when someone is dying you will not leave a minute later for the hospital :D

trust me even in a developed world you will find ppl tailgating an ambulance just because they want to skip the traffic. check
and his comments.

so in this scenario we dont know what the full picture is. i am not defending them nor I am encouraging this kind of behaviour. We just dont know what is happening.
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

it could have been local police/cid or even a-holes, it could have even been the army or even the sheikhs bodyguards etc etc :D . we just dont know. we are all assuming.
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

rudeboy wrote:
RobbyG wrote:

b) get stuck in traffic?
c) just stay at home?

Your dad I suppose?

yes i meant dad :D

trust me even in a developed world you will find ppl tailgating an ambulance just because they want to skip the traffic. check
and his comments.

so in this scenario we dont know what the full picture is. i am not defending them nor I am encouraging this kind of behaviour. We just dont know what is happening.

I do. I was there.

All of them pulled back into the fast lane traffic a little further up when the hard shoulder ran out and ended up back in the jam. The ambulance continued making its progress.

There is no defense. They were just being arrogant.

:( :( :(

Knight
Dubai Knight

rudeboy wrote:

Sorry mate, logic is that no matter how fast I drive behind that ambulance, the person in that ambulance is not going to get better because of that. Nor will I be able to help the paramedic with telling him how slow he works to get that person out of the ambulance when we arrive at the hospital. You have to sit in the waiting room after all.

So, in the mean time, you think about yourself and the other traffickers. :wink:
RobbyG

RobbyG wrote:
rudeboy wrote:

Sorry mate, logic is that no matter how fast I drive behind that ambulance, the person in that ambulance is not going to get better because of that. Nor will I be able to help the paramedic with telling him how slow he works to get that person out of the ambulance when we arrive at the hospital. You have to sit in the waiting room after all.

So, in the mean time, you think about yourself and the other traffickers. :wink:

everyone is entitled to their opinions but with 5 million pppl living in UAE, I wonder how many of them will be on the same wavelength as you?
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Dubai Knight wrote:Nope. Its the Bullet 500 Machismo. I have retro styled it a lot so it looks and feels like its original 1950's heritage. Turns heads and gets the thumbs up even from the nose in the air Harley boys.

8) 8) 8)

Knight

Check this vid from start to 1:20. Just the frames + sound of him passing by. Just the simplicity of recording that fine grunt.

Classic crow on the background. :mrgreen:
RobbyG

Could be a thing of the past soon.

I heard something about bus lanes today. These could be used by emergency services also, but not tailgating aholes.
benwj
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

benwj wrote:Could be a thing of the past soon.

I heard something about bus lanes today. These could be used by emergency services also, but not tailgating aholes.

They are already painted on the roads in Bur Dubai. It won't make the traffic move any faster as has been proven in every other country in the world.

Traffic in Paris, Rome and London actually moves faster on the days when the public transport workers go on strike!

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Knight
Dubai Knight

RobbyG wrote:
Dubai Knight wrote:Nope. Its the Bullet 500 Machismo. I have retro styled it a lot so it looks and feels like its original 1950's heritage. Turns heads and gets the thumbs up even from the nose in the air Harley boys.

8) 8) 8)

Knight

Check this vid from start to 1:20. Just the frames + sound of him passing by. Just the simplicity of recording that fine grunt.

Classic crow on the background. :mrgreen:

Nice little collection of Bullet stuff, thanks!

However mine sounds infinitely chunkier than that. That recording is of the stock factory fit exhaust, whereas mine has an original shortie 1950's style 'silencer' and rattles the windows of the Burj Khalifa on acceleration. Most satisfying is the decompression pops as it throttles back! Sounds completely awesome and authentic.

8) 8) 8)

Knight
Dubai Knight

Some people are just tools. I saw this once to the point that the following car was literally in the back door of the ambulance. Fair play to the paramedics, they actually stopped the ambulance - obviously the person inside wasn't in a critical condition - got out and gave the driver what for.

I also want to vent about the numpty driving the lame ass FJ Cruiser the other day, who nearly caused 3 accidents, tail gated, was speeding and weaving and when few other drivers and myself flashed him and made 'You're kuku' gestures he pulled alongside, wound his wondow down, screamed abuse and flicked the finger.

Needless to say the lovely gentleman at Dubai Police said 'This dangerous man will be severely puniched'.

Also to clarify, many CID aren't local, the majority are other nationalities.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

On the flip side today I saw the AD Fuzz pull over a dark brownMerc G55 with B code dubai double digit ( under 20 ) plate. Later I saw the same dude zoom by me obviously not a very happy camper.

2nd time I've seen this though. Last time a tripe digit red AD plate was chased down and pulled over by the AD fuzz.
desertdudeshj

Dubai Knight wrote:Tonight I witness the most blatant disregard for the rules of the road and common sense!

Sheikh Zayed Road was moving slowly (as it always seems to do in the evening rush hour) due to an accident that had been posted on the overhead illuminated signs.

In my mirrors, I catch the glitter of blue flashing lights and see an ambulance weaving its way, half on the median hard shoulder trying to get past the traffic and get to the scene of the accident. I, and the cars around me, duly pull over and make a hole to assist. As it goes past...there is a convoy of 5 local drivers in 4x4's tailgating the ambulance and dodging through the traffic in its wake!

Sorry, but that is just plain arrogant, stupid, irresponsible and dumb dumb dumb! I wish I had been able to get their numbers; Inspector Knacker at Bur Dubai HQ would have thrown every book in the station at them and probably impounded their gas guzzling V8 mobile shisha palaces for eternity!

Someone try and tell me they were being 'responsible locals'? Yes UAEKid, they were local I saw every single one of them and can recognise a UAE kandurah very well at that distance.

I hope their God siezes up their engines and dries out their brake fluid in his wrath!!!

Knight

This is for the uaekid:

DK claimed above that the 5 a-holes who were running behind the ambulance were indeed locals, and he challenged you to dispute that.

I prepared a reply below from you to him. You can just "copy and paste" it when you make your reply:

"How can u say that U dum brit. how u kno they waring kandoora. Mybe they waring wite shirt. U cant see all kandoora frm yr car. If not also waring gutra and egal then they not lokal. Kandoora only not enuf u dum brit. Mybe they ware stpid brits or indyans.

Get alife mate."

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Tom Jones
Dubai Forums Veteran

Its already a marvel that he came this far with learning english language, right Jonesy? :D
RobbyG

Dubai Knight wrote:Tonight I witness the most blatant disregard for the rules of the road and common sense!

Knight

In which country you don't find people like this? just name one country...
wishmaster
Dubai Forums Talker

My name is like superman now, but only called to start a fight :?
Well of course it is a stupid no question about it, but its human error more than it is “locals” as you put it. But if you must insist in the human coloring issues then I should tell you my share of accidents caused by “other colored “ :shock: drivers that affected me personally in the past ….

1-6 of my employees died in 2006 while riding in a bus from AD to Alain road ,a western man caused it and blamed it on “his dog” that jumped on him while driving !
2-A western English teacher ran over two local students from the same school in the parking lot causing their deaths, clamming he “had a hard long day at work “ I witnessed that.
3- My mother had to go throw a 2 years non stop surgeries when an expat caused the car she was riding in to flip over in 2000 and caused her scull fraction and a broken spine .
4-Local drivers, well it is a daily base frustration ..

We all got our share of it, but not all of our experience are as horrifying as yours Dubai night.
uaekid

Tom Jones wrote:

Knight

This is for the uaekid:

DK claimed above that the 5 a-holes who were running behind the ambulance were indeed locals, and he challenged you to dispute that.

I prepared a reply below from you to him. You can just "copy and paste" it when you make your reply:

"How can u say that U dum brit. how u kno they waring kandoora. Mybe they waring wite shirt. U cant see all kandoora frm yr car. If not also waring gutra and egal then they not lokal. Kandoora only not enuf u dum brit. Mybe they ware stpid brits or indyans.

Get alife mate."

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Too funny Tom. How are you coming along on the accent??? :lol:
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

it was funny i ll give him that , the dam brit stole my line :)
uaekid

but enough of us in df borabora ,pay some attention to your guy at home, it is the weekend already :)
uaekid

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat