Dubai Real Estate Boom Is Coming Back!

Topic locked
Dubai Real Estate Boom Is Coming Back! Jul 31, 2012
Dubai real estate is coming back and the boom is returning! The UAE MEGA PROJECTS BLOG gives you the most complete information available on all the incredible real estate projects of the UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Bahrain, Kuwait, Egypt, Lebanon and Oman. This blog is your one stop source for the booming real estate markets of the Middle East. Read the blog the investors, developers, brokers and other professionals worldwide read - Go to the UAE MEGA PROJECTS BLOG and see for yourself: http://uaemegaprojects.blogspot.com/

$$Dubai
Dubai Forums Member

Re: Dubai Real Estate Boom Is Coming Back! Aug 01, 2012
So what. The same thing happened all over the world including all over USA and Europe, and is still going on in Europe. It is due to the plunging world economy that started in 2008 and not the fault of Dubai.
$$Dubai
Dubai Forums Member

Yes please let's keep it real! I'm still waiting for my apartment which STILL isn't completed, it's now 4 years plus past the completion date! The 'boom' is definitely NOT back.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Chocoholic ,Where did you buy Chocs?
drewpeacock
Dubai chat master

Sports City.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Well judging by the crappy furniture in your JBR apartment - yes you do. And sweetie, pink is so not your colour for swimwear.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Chocoholic ,Mmmm. long way to go before completion.
drewpeacock
Dubai chat master

drewpeacock , Actually my building IS finished! Is in CRW but beause there are 3 buildings and they're all linked they all have to be finished before handover - total pain.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

This "Boom" actually meant the "Boom" heard when things are blown up... Still though the post was entertaining for 2 secs. :D
Mostlysunny
Dubai Forum User

$$Dubai wrote:So what. The same thing happened all over the world including all over USA and Europe, and is still going on in Europe. It is due to the plunging world economy that started in 2008 and not the fault of Dubai.
I do finance for a living. Yes financial crises happened all over the world for the same reason it hit Dubai - excess. Ron Paul warned against bailing out troubled mortgage lenders in 2003, if they didn't, then market would have crashed with much less impact in 2003/2004, but it didn't due to the bailouts and increased the money flow in property market there and all over the world. With inflated finances, you had the developers lunching each day and buyers paying small installment to buy and flip, it was like a tornado feeding on itself with not much real demand and money behind it.

Simply, it was not just dubai but dubai property market had out of proportion. I don't want the boom like that to come back, it is just bad finance and economics. Normal growth market was between 2004 and 2006, whoever bought during that time from a reliable developer made a good investment. Property market is picking up in Dubai at a normal pace, which is a good sign, but not same as 2007/2008 boom.
Nucleus
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: Dubai Real Estate Boom Is Coming Back! Aug 05, 2012
Chocoholic , They should not hand them over all at the same time. This will kill off any comeback. But I am just a dumb infidel. EMAAR have started building again which is crazy.
benwj
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Re: Dubai Real Estate Boom Is Coming Back! Aug 05, 2012
benwj , But the 3 buildings are all linked, meaning they cannot hand them over individually.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat