Dubai Driving License Help Needed!!!

Topic locked
Dubai Driving License Help Needed!!! Mar 10, 2011
HI,
I live in Dubai. I am a freelance and work from home. I have setup a company in Hamriyah Freezone (Sharjah) and hence my Visa is from Sharjah. I would like to know if I can apply from Driving License in Dubai and also if anybody can tell me a quick way to get a license. Earlier I used to drive rentals on International Driving Permit. I cannot covert my license to UAE as its from India.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanx

dealtoday
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Re: Dubai Driving License Help Needed!!! Mar 10, 2011
dealtoday wrote:HI,
I live in Dubai. I am a freelance and work from home. I have setup a company in Hamriyah Freezone (Sharjah) and hence my Visa is from Sharjah. I would like to know if I can apply from Driving License in Dubai and also if anybody can tell me a quick way to get a license. Earlier I used to drive rentals on International Driving Permit. I cannot covert my license to UAE as its from India.

Thanx

Go to Driving School, take 48 lessons, take test, fail, take 12 more lessons, take test, fail, take another 12 lessons, take test, maybe pass. Good luck.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Thanx

You cannot apply in Dubai. However, if you have had your Indian driving license for more than 3 years, you can go to an appropriate department in your free zone to arrange test in a month without taking any lessons or (if your zone doesn't have the department) go to Al Maroor and tell the big boss that you are an investor and have no time for learning. 7 years ago it worked and I took my license after one test.
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

Red Chief wrote:

Thanx

You cannot apply in Dubai. However, if you have had your Indian driving license for more than 3 years, you can go to an appropriate department in your free zone to arrange test in a month without taking any lessons or (if your zone doesn't have the department) go to Al Maroor and tell the big boss that you are an investor and have no time for learning. 7 years ago it worked and I took my license after one test.

I doubt very much if this would work with an Indian License. Not saying its right or wrong, just the way it is.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Why, I hesitate to ask? Did you take a test in Sharjah or set up a company there?
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

Red Chief wrote:Why, I hesitate to ask? Did you take a test in Sharjah or set up a company there?

I have worked in most of the Emirates, including Sharjah over the past 34 years, not to say that I am an expert, but I have seen a few things.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: Dubai Driving License Help Needed!!! Mar 12, 2011
The only way to get a Dubai driving licence, would be to prove that you live and work in Dubai and go and see the big boss at the traffic police department, sit around for several hours waitin for him to show up and see what he says.

I used to have an Abu Dhabi visa, lived and worked in Dubai and did exactly that and they let me have a Dubai licence - however, mine was easily convertible to a full UAE licence. Not sure you can get a UAE licence without doing some lessons.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

undefined Sep 05, 2015
I have Oman driving Licence more than 6 years and now shifted to sharjah hamariya free zone visa . Can i able to take Dubai driving licence !
RajeshAugustine
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

undefined Oct 26, 2015
hi i am sharja visa holder can i start my driving in dubai
shaki
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat