Dubai Crime And Punishment

  • Reply
Dubai Crime and punishment Jul 20, 2009
Crime and punishment

Death penalty by firing squad for several offences

Death penalty by stoning for adultery

Quote;Times News

And if this is true, were do you go to in dubai to see and can you video ?

chevaliers-de-sion
Dubai forums Addict
User avatar
Posts: 296
Location: USofA/EU

  • Reply
Jul 20, 2009
Never heard or read if they handed over anyone to firing squad or stoned anyone for adultery.
freeneasy1
Dubai Forums Frequenter
Posts: 122

  • Reply
Jul 21, 2009
chevaliers-de-sion wrote:Crime and punishment

Death penalty by firing squad for several offences

Death penalty by stoning for adultery

Quote;Times News

And if this is true, were do you go to in dubai to see and can you video ?


Why don't you commit those several offences and invite us to the party ? :lol:
uaekid
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers
User avatar
Posts: 1815

  • Reply
Re: Dubai Crime and punishment Jul 21, 2009
chevaliers-de-sion wrote:Crime and punishment

Death penalty by firing squad for several offences

Death penalty by stoning for adultery

Quote;Times News

And if this is true, were do you go to in dubai to see and can you video ?


I haven't heard of this happening in Dubai or the UAE, to my knowledge those who commit adultery are jailed - but I have rarely ever heard of this happening as well.
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot
User avatar
Posts: 4879
Location: dar el 7ay

  • Reply
Re: Dubai Crime and punishment Jul 21, 2009
bushra21 wrote:
chevaliers-de-sion wrote:Crime and punishment

Death penalty by firing squad for several offences

Death penalty by stoning for adultery

Quote;Times News

And if this is true, were do you go to in dubai to see and can you video ?


I haven't heard of this happening in Dubai or the UAE, to my knowledge those who commit adultery are jailed - but I have rarely ever heard of this happening as well.


There are the adultery cases that are stacking up. Such as Marnie P, 40, sentenced to six months initially (three months plus a £600 fine and deportation after appeal) for an unproven adulterous relationship with a man she insists was just a friend: she was already separated from her husband. And the case of Sally A, whom the police swooped on as she emerged with a male friend from a Dubai hotel in the early hours of the morning — two months in prison reduced to six weeks on appeal. You get the feeling that the Emiratis are feeling vindictive right now.

Nor is it just sex: the Dubai authorities are getting a bit twitchy about all sorts of western behaviour

Why ? We are Westerners :king:
chevaliers-de-sion
Dubai forums Addict
User avatar
Posts: 296
Location: USofA/EU

  • Reply
Re: Dubai Crime and punishment Jul 21, 2009
chevaliers-de-sion wrote:There are the adultery cases that are stacking up. Such as Marnie P, 40, sentenced to six months initially (three months plus a £600 fine and deportation after appeal) for an unproven adulterous relationship with a man she insists was just a friend: she was already separated from her husband. And the case of Sally A, whom the police swooped on as she emerged with a male friend from a Dubai hotel in the early hours of the morning — two months in prison reduced to six weeks on appeal. You get the feeling that the Emiratis are feeling vindictive right now.

Nor is it just love: the Dubai authorities are getting a bit twitchy about all sorts of western behaviour

Why ? We are Westerners :king:


Oh that's right, I remember reading about her (the one separated from I believe her Egyptian? husband). Shame really, he ended up getting custody of the kids yeah?

FYI, it's not just Westerners they are cracking down on, it's everyone. But I think the westerners are more publicized for some reason -- could be what you are hinting at ;)
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot
User avatar
Posts: 4879
Location: dar el 7ay

  • Reply
Jul 21, 2009
uaekid wrote:
chevaliers-de-sion wrote:Crime and punishment

Death penalty by firing squad for several offences

Death penalty by stoning for adultery

Quote;Times News

And if this is true, were do you go to in dubai to see and can you video ?


Why don't you commit those several offences and invite us to the party ? :lol:


I and friends do commit several of these so called offences and we would invite u to a party but we have a no locals, gays or ugly people policy so u would be excluded .........sorry :)
chevaliers-de-sion
Dubai forums Addict
User avatar
Posts: 296
Location: USofA/EU

  • Reply
Jul 21, 2009
chevaliers-de-sion wrote:
uaekid wrote:
chevaliers-de-sion wrote:Crime and punishment

Death penalty by firing squad for several offences

Death penalty by stoning for adultery

Quote;Times News

And if this is true, were do you go to in dubai to see and can you video ?


Why don't you commit those several offences and invite us to the party ? :lol:




I and friends do commit several of these so called offences and we would invite u to a party but we have a no locals, gays or ugly people policy so u would be excluded .........sorry :)


LOL funny but I meant the party win you will get the Death penalty or the stoning and for the record I don't date fish like smelly ppl (this is what we locals think of you ) :lol:
uaekid
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers
User avatar
Posts: 1815

  • Reply
Jul 21, 2009
uaekid wrote:LOL funny but I meant the party win you will get the Death penalty or the stoning and for the record I don't date fish like smelly ppl (this is what we locals think of you ) :lol:


please don't generalize us! if you have a problem with it fine, but dont add us all in there. just because we are local doesn't mean we share the same opinion -.-
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot
User avatar
Posts: 4879
Location: dar el 7ay

  • Reply
Re: Dubai Crime and punishment Jul 21, 2009
[

FYI, it's not just Westerners they are cracking down on, it's everyone. But I think the westerners are more publicized for some reason -- could be what you are hinting at ;)[/quote]


she received a sentence of three months for the crime of being alone in the same building as a man who was not her husband. She didn’t know this was the sentence, because the court proceedings were conducted in Arabic and therefore she could not put her case across, either. It was later they told her what had been decided. Mohammed got a couple of weeks on the same charge.

it's not just Westerners they are cracking down on I don`t think so All these reports in the newpapers in not very good :cry:
:)
chevaliers-de-sion
Dubai forums Addict
User avatar
Posts: 296
Location: USofA/EU

  • Reply
Re: Dubai Crime and punishment Jul 21, 2009
chevaliers-de-sion wrote:
she received a sentence of three months for the crime of being alone in the same building as a man who was not her husband. She didn’t know this was the sentence, because the court proceedings were conducted in Arabic and therefore she could not put her case across, either. It was later they told her what had been decided. Mohammed got a couple of weeks on the same charge.


which I found to be a bit strange because there should have been a translator on hand for her
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot
User avatar
Posts: 4879
Location: dar el 7ay

  • Reply
Re: Dubai Crime and punishment Jul 21, 2009
bushra21 wrote:
chevaliers-de-sion wrote:
she received a sentence of three months for the crime of being alone in the same building as a man who was not her husband. She didn’t know this was the sentence, because the court proceedings were conducted in Arabic and therefore she could not put her case across, either. It was later they told her what had been decided. Mohammed got a couple of weeks on the same charge.


which I found to be a bit strange because there should have been a translator on hand for her



I also found it be a bit strange because it takes two to tango so both should have the same sentence for a crime should they or should they not?
chevaliers-de-sion
Dubai forums Addict
User avatar
Posts: 296
Location: USofA/EU

  • Reply
Re: Dubai Crime and punishment Jul 22, 2009
chevaliers-de-sion wrote:
I also found it be a bit strange because it takes two to tango so both should have the same sentence for a crime should they or should they not?


wasn't the man arrested and put to trial as well? the case sounds familiar but i honestly cant say i remember any details and was only reminded of this when you first mentioned it.

but yes, if there was enough proof to convict the woman of committing an offence then the man should have been given the same sentence.

you wouldn't happen to have the link to an article discussing this do you?

if there was no proof that anything happened i cant imagine how any judge could give such a sentence without feeling guilty. or why he would do so in the first place...
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot
User avatar
Posts: 4879
Location: dar el 7ay

  • Reply
Re: Dubai Crime and punishment Jul 22, 2009
bushra21 wrote:
chevaliers-de-sion wrote:Crime and punishment

Death penalty by firing squad for several offences

Death penalty by stoning for adultery

Quote;Times News

And if this is true, were do you go to in dubai to see and can you video ?


I haven't heard of this happening in Dubai or the UAE, to my knowledge those who commit adultery are jailed - but I have rarely ever heard of this happening as well.



the UAE law provide death sentences and stoning in some instances, judges dont hand over such sentences because of international scrutiny, but they do exist.
capsicum
BANNED
User avatar
Posts: 318

  • Reply
Re: Dubai Crime and punishment Jul 22, 2009
capsicum wrote:

the UAE law provide death sentences and stoning in some instances, judges dont hand over such sentences because of international scrutiny, but they do exist.


I never said it didnt exist, it would silly not to since almost every country has some form of a death sentence in place...

Just said I hadn't heard of it happening
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot
User avatar
Posts: 4879
Location: dar el 7ay

  • Reply
Re: Dubai Crime and punishment Jul 22, 2009
bushra21 wrote:
chevaliers-de-sion wrote:

you wouldn't happen to have the link to an article discussing this do you?

..


The times sunday

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/w ... =12&page=2


:D
chevaliers-de-sion
Dubai forums Addict
User avatar
Posts: 296
Location: USofA/EU

  • Reply
Jul 23, 2009
What kind of sicko would want to come and film it anyway? Geesh.
canuckbid
Dubai forums Addict
User avatar
Posts: 235
Location: Matrix

  • Reply
Jul 23, 2009
canuckbid wrote:What kind of sicko would want to come and film it anyway? Geesh.



By filming it it would show what it is like to live under different laws
chevaliers-de-sion
Dubai forums Addict
User avatar
Posts: 296
Location: USofA/EU

  • Reply
Jul 23, 2009
There was the case of the Solami girl who was sentenced to stoning in Sharjah a couple of years ago for adultery. The sentence was never carried out and she was jailed instead.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005
User avatar
Posts: 12835

  • Reply
Jul 24, 2009
If you are a local you will get pardoned :wink:
Stylinexpat
Dubai forums Addict
Posts: 235
Location: Asia

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat