Driving Test Preparations

Topic locked
Driving Test preparations Nov 02, 2005
Hi all,
I just recieved a call from my future employer telling me i got the resident visa and i'll be flying to Dubai on the 18th of Nov.

i've been to Dubai several times before and i think i can't survive without a Driving license. Being on a Visit visa before, i was driving using international license.

I got my driving license on my 18th birthday in Egypt, since then i have drove in German, France, Belgium, Neatherland, and finally Italy last week.
I never got a ticket or problems driving in Europe, but in Egypt, i usually get alot of speeding tickets, but it is ok for me.

MY QUESTION,
As a good driver (i think) experienced ( 5 years) and been here and there. What else should i do, know or have to pass the driving test from the first time????

some people told me a good connections might help.
advice me

yshimy

Nov 05, 2005
FIRST : listen to your instructor .... never insist that your way is the right way you pay these guys to teach you then let them teach you .....

SeCOnd : TRy to be friendly with your instructor so even if he screams ... talk to him hows hes day .... so that you wouldnt feel scared ...

Third Dont Panic when you see the Police on the day of the test ... talk to hm say hi ... and CHECK ALL THE THINGS YOU NEED TO CHECK BEFORE STARTING YOUR CAR (Side mirrors, rear View, Seat, Stearing and Seatbelt ... if the Cop is not wearing his ... insist that he does .... and DONT STOP at a BUS STOP if THERE is A BUS Behind YOU basically the cops needs you to check your mirrors occasionally and specially your shoulder checks for you blind side on each and every track changing ,.... Ones you Perfected all of them ... THEN THE PRAYING PART COMES cause its really all BASED ON LUCK !! or the Police officers Mood so it wouldnt hurt if you talk to them ... they like that because it shows confidence
mAJOR pAIN
Dubai Expat Helper

Which is more easier? Driving License from AbuDhabi or Dubai Sep 03, 2007
Dear Friends,

I'm working as an Electrical Engineer, in Abu Dhabi.
I may get transfer to Dubai after 1 year.
The company is going to apply for my Employment Visa. Since they are having branches in Dubai & Abu Dhabi , they can get either Visa from both of these emirates. Also I can tell them, which visa to take.

I have heard that , Taking Driving License in Abu Dhabi is tougher compared to that of Dubai...Is it true ?

Which is more easier to take ? Driving License from Abu Dhabi or from Dubai ?

How many tests will be there in Abu Dhabi ? How long will it take to get a call to go for driving lessons , after opening the file ?

Please share your opinions with me..
muneerkm
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Sep 03, 2007
preparation for a driving test? :o

drink lots of valium or other sedatives before the exam :lol:
xero_
Dubai forums Addict

Sep 03, 2007
mAJOR pAIN wrote:FIRST : listen to your instructor .... never insist that your way is the right way you pay these guys to teach you then let them teach you .....

SeCOnd : TRy to be friendly with your instructor so even if he screams ... talk to him hows hes day .... so that you wouldnt feel scared ...

Third Dont Panic when you see the Police on the day of the test ... talk to hm say hi ... and CHECK ALL THE THINGS YOU NEED TO CHECK BEFORE STARTING YOUR CAR (Side mirrors, rear View, Seat, Stearing and Seatbelt ... if the Cop is not wearing his ... insist that he does .... and DONT STOP at a BUS STOP if THERE is A BUS Behind YOU basically the cops needs you to check your mirrors occasionally and specially your shoulder checks for you blind side on each and every track changing ,.... Ones you Perfected all of them ... THEN THE PRAYING PART COMES cause its really all BASED ON LUCK !! or the Police officers Mood so it wouldnt hurt if you talk to them ... they like that because it shows confidence

Good advice
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat