Yes
53%
No
13%
A bit of both
33%

Total votes : 15

Crime free Dubai!! Is it true?? Feb 15, 2007
As many people have probably heard Dubai is crime free. It seams true as ive just come back from there and my stay was very pleasent. I just find it hard to belive that its crime free.LOL.

Anyone have any opinions on this?? :?

kay1730
Dubai Forums Talker

Feb 15, 2007
Of course it's not crime free, but it's a hell of a lot safer than most places
scot1870
Dubai Expat Helper

Feb 15, 2007
i agree with scot, there is no place where crime doesnt happen, but dubai is safer than most places in the world
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 15, 2007
Bleakus wrote:i agree with scot, there is no place where crime doesnt happen, but dubai is safer than most places in the world

+1
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Feb 15, 2007
Yep, it's true.....

Dubai is not crime free but it's very very safe.
Greekman
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Feb 15, 2007
As long as you are not a CCIE, Tomato or Potato it is safe.

Seriously there is crime here but echoing above, relatively it is safer than most anywhere else.

i've heard of 2 break ins, one of my friends was mugged, my car got broken into and my roof slashed once (soft top), i've seen only 1 bar fight and only heard of 1 house invasion where they attacked a person.

Crime exists here but mostly opportunistic,
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Feb 15, 2007
And pimping is illegally legal!
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Feb 15, 2007
its safe but my cell was stolen there...
bonitta
Dubai chat master

Feb 15, 2007
True..It is safer than most places...
devilsdiciple
Dubai Expat Helper

Feb 15, 2007
I geuss your right. Compared to london, dubai seemed perfect. London is really bad. Cant wait to come back in may!!! :D
kay1730
Dubai Forums Talker

Re: Crime free Dubai!! Is it true?? Feb 15, 2007
kay1730 wrote:As many people have probably heard Dubai is crime free. It seams true as ive just come back from there and my stay was very pleasent. I just find it hard to belive that its crime free.LOL.

Anyone have any opinions on this?? :?

Do you think that tomato juice is ALWAYS tomato juice??

.....yummy.....

:occasion5:
Tropic23
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Feb 15, 2007
kay1730 wrote:I geuss your right. Compared to london, dubai seemed perfect. London is really bad. Cant wait to come back in may!!! :D

Me too....... :wink:
Tropic23
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Feb 16, 2007
Errrghh!!! Tomato juice is disgusting! :tongue3:

DUABI IS WICKEEEEEED
kay1730
Dubai Forums Talker

Feb 16, 2007
kay1730 wrote:Errrghh!!! Tomato juice is disgusting! :tongue3:

DUBAI IS WICKEEEEEED

HEHE I dont agree with it but its not good as jd with coke :lol: If U want disgusting then check in bangkok where on a cart u got fried chicken, fried prawns and not to mention just beside it FRIED RATS. Now thats disgusting.
Unknown Devil
Dubai forums Addict

Feb 16, 2007
Unknown Devil wrote:
kay1730 wrote:Errrghh!!! Tomato juice is disgusting! :tongue3:

DUBAI IS WICKEEEEEED

HEHE I dont agree with it but its not good as jd with coke :lol: If U want disgusting then check in bangkok where on a cart u got fried chicken, fried prawns and not to mention just beside it FRIED RATS. Now thats disgusting.

fried or not i hate rats :x :x
alexandra
Dubai Forums Veteran

Rats!! Feb 16, 2007
Dont even talk about rats, thats how much i hate them :evil:
kay1730
Dubai Forums Talker

Feb 16, 2007
'Everyone enjoys a good rat, especially deep-fried'

Battambang, Cambodia

15 February 2006 12:57

For many Cambodians, the perfect end to a hard day at work is relaxing with friends over a nice, plump, deep-fried rat and a glass of local wine, according to vendors of the sought-after snack.

The Year of the Dog has already proven a bumper year for the local delicacy, vendors in the north-western provincial capital of Battambang said on Wednesday.

"I am selling 100 to 200 kilos of rat meat a day, and although the harvest [of rats] is up, so is demand and, therefore, so is the price," said Chea Thouen (34), a rat-meat vendor at a local market.

"Rice-paddy rats eat only rice, so they are very tasty," he added. "In fact, they taste better than fish or pork."

Mom (40), who has sold rat meat at the same market for the past six years, said she, too, is having the best season she could remember selling the sought-after delicacy, which is only available from January to April or May.

"Everyone enjoys a good rat, especially deep-fried and served with a good wine," she said.

Rat currently sells for about 70 cents a kilogram, up nearly five cents from last season, she added.

A father of three shopping for rat meat who declined to be named said he became hooked on the meat when he had to eat it to survive during the genocidal 1975-1979 rule of the Khmer Rouge.

"I ate a lot of rats under the Khmer Rouge, but now I still eat them," he said. "The bones are not hard like pork or beef. I think rats now taste even better than they did 30 years ago. They are better fed nowadays."

Bun Khuny 28y, another rat-meat vendor in the market, brisk with business in the meat, said that although Cambodians of taste have been buying the meat in ever-increasing numbers, he has had more unusual customers snapping up his produce as well.

"Crocodile farmers buy as much as I can provide," he said. "I sell 300 kilos a day. They say their crocodiles like rats better than fish or snakes, and they get fatter on rat meat than on any other food. Who can argue with crocodiles?" -- Sapa-dpa

sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

crocodiles Feb 16, 2007
!!Big UP to the crocodile family!!!
kay1730
Dubai Forums Talker

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat