Chavez Dead!

Topic locked
Chavez dead! Mar 08, 2013
I read the news and thought I'd share some insanity from Venezuela:

“We have no doubt, the time will come in history when we can create a scientific commission to show that Comandante Chávez was attacked with this disease…We have no doubt that our fatherland’s historic enemies looked for a way to harm our Comandante’s health… We already have plenty of clues about this, it’s a very serious matter that will have to be investigated by a special committee of scientists.”

http://caracaschronicles.com/2013/03/05 ... april-4th/

Unfortunately the people will now inherit his cronies.

There are also reports Chavez will be entombed (proving the ground doesn't want to reclaim its dirt).

rayznack
Dubai Expat Helper

Re: Chavez Dead! Mar 08, 2013
I watched a bit of the funeral service on the news this evening. I wasn't surprised to see Castro or Ahmadinejad but I was surprised to see Sean Penn.
BMreformed
Dubai chat master

Re: Chavez Dead! Mar 09, 2013
R.I.P
prowheels
Dubai forums Addict

He was an antisemite (a word I use very carefully). He was a hero for some.
FlyingDutchman
Dubai forums Addict

prowheels wrote:R.I.P

I doubt he will. Being embalmed and on show in a glass case? That's not my idea of resting in peace.
BMreformed
Dubai chat master

Re: Chavez Dead! Mar 10, 2013
FlyingDutchman , he may also have been a billionaire.

Anyway, the people sniped in 2002 demonstrating his rule don't view him a hero.

Edit: FD, turns out you were completely right about Mishrawi's death.

If you recall, you correctly blamed a Palestinian's death on a Hamas rocket while others spread the lie he was killed by Israel. The UN has finally confirmed the truth:

On 14 November, a woman, her 11-month-old infant, and an 18-year-old adult in Al-Zaitoun were killed by what appeared to be a Palestinian rocket that fell short of Israel.69 In addition, OHCHR received reports related to an incident in which two civilians, including a child, were killed, and five persons, including three children, were injured, as a result of what appeared to be a Palestinian rocket that fell short and hit a house in Al-Quds Street, near Khilla Gas Station, Jabalya, on 16 November.

dubai-politics-talk/hateful-hype-reasoned-discussion-t53370.html?hilit=mishrawi#p421267

Funnily enough, others were wrong, as usual. But that doesn't matter since truth is secondary to image for them. They were wrong but taking months for the truth to be confirmed means their spin will be nearly impossible to correct.
rayznack
Dubai Expat Helper

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat