Bye,bye.

Topic locked
Bye,bye. Jul 23, 2011
She should have gone to rehab but she said no,no,no.

Winehouse dead.

busa
Dubai forums Addict

Re: Bye,bye. Jul 23, 2011
I think she tried but died.

Another one bites the dust. Was a composer, now a decomposer.
Bethsmum
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: Bye,bye. Jul 23, 2011
Gone down the path of many who have tread the drugs, alcohol and rock n roll road. Just don't make them like they used to, look and Ozbourne and Richards, took a lickin and still kickin'.

Bet Morrison and Jimi arn't too happy about the new arrival.

R.I.P Winehouse
desertdudeshj

Re: Bye,bye. Jul 24, 2011
Osbourne and Richards have been brain dead for years.
Bethsmum

I can also think of someone else who has a very limited supply of grey cells left, but dying out by the day being drowned in cheap booze.
desertdudeshj

desertdudeshj wrote:I can also think of someone else who has a very limited supply of grey cells left, but dying out by the day being drowned in cheap booze.

Now who would that be munchkin?
Bethsmum

desertdudeshj wrote:I can also think of someone else who has a very limited supply of grey cells left, but dying out by the day being drowned in cheap booze.

Cant we have just one topic which is devoid of sniping.

Back to Winehouse, i think she was very overated and tried to live a life style in which she was tottaly un prepaired for.

Its been reported that she was found face down in a pool of,vomit, urine, and carp, others just call it Camden.
busa
Dubai forums Addict

I have to agree Busa, I was never really a fan and don't think she deserved the hype that surrounded her. Her untimely death was inevitable given the lifestyle she lived. I know it's an addiction and a disease, but many tried to help her and she pretty much turned her back on them.

What annoyed me, was that her death was overshadowing those 80+ people that died in Norway! Something very wrong with that.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

RIP Amy.

If you listen to her early music you can see that she had a pretty amazing voice. It's the persona and the direction that she took that moved the focus off her voice and went toward her troubled life. She probably couldn't handle the life that she created for herself, found herself in a very dark place for so long that maybe she had a death wish that she fulfilled. She was a very troubled girl, who eventuall succeeded in ending her pain.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Chocoholic wrote:What annoyed me, was that her death was overshadowing those 80+ people that died in Norway! Something very wrong with that.

Yeah, really annoying.

:roll:
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

Flying Dutchman wrote:
Chocoholic wrote:What annoyed me, was that her death was overshadowing those 80+ people that died in Norway! Something very wrong with that.

Yeah, really annoying.

Oh so the death of a junkie, who basically was responsible for her own demise, is more important than 90 odd innocent people who were willfully killed by a mad-man? If you think that's ok, there's something very wrong with you.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Chocoholic wrote:
Flying Dutchman wrote:

Yeah, really annoying.

Oh so the death of a junkie, who basically was responsible for her own demise, is more important than 90 odd innocent people who were willfully killed by a mad-man? If you think that's ok, there's something very wrong with you.

I do so hope you realize I replied to YOUR post. And also please notice the :roll: in my reply.
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

er yes, however the way you replied and your use of :roll: made it look sarcastic like you think she is more important.

Your reply comes across as exactly this: (said with a sarcastic tone) 'oh yeah it's really annoying that she takes up more news paper columns that the 90 odd people who died - yeah whatever.'

If this was not what you meant then please clarify!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Chocoholic wrote:er yes, however the way you replied and your use of :roll: made it look sarcastic like you think she is more important.

Your reply comes across as exactly this: (said with a sarcastic tone) 'oh yeah it's really annoying that she takes up more news paper columns that the 90 odd people who died - yeah whatever.'

If this was not what you meant then please clarify!

Calm down Chocs. In your haste to reply to FD I think you missed his point. I don't think his post comes over that way, it's the way you've chosed to interpret it.

Although the people who died in Noway is an abslote tragedy, the fact is that Amy Winehouse is an English icon and therefore some of the later English papers have chosen to make this their headline. It's just the way the public is, they're more interested in stuff that happens at home to people in the public eye than what happens abroad.
They're showing a lot of her earlier stuff on the news, she sure looked different in 2003. She just looked like an old junkie lately.
She is expected to be buried today, in line with Jewish tradition.
Bethsmum

Interesting thing a workmate just pointed out. Technically Amy Winehouse should have been arrested at her gig in Dubai for being drunk in public - Could this have saved her life? Or just prolonged the inevitable?
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Chocoholic wrote:If this was not what you meant then please clarify!

It was not what I meant.

She would have gone anyways. Her character was self-destructive. There was some inevitability in it. She was very disturbed person. I remember some time ago pics of scars on her body that probably point to self-mutilation. She must have been in great pain. In a way she was a beautiful person, OTOH she destroyed herself and most probably caused great pain to people around her. Its very hurtful to see a loved one go this way. The only real thing she must have wanted was to be loved, while at the same pushing those away. Thats the real tragedy. The only good thing those around her could do was to distance themselves from her.
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

Chocoholic wrote:Interesting thing a workmate just pointed out. Technically Amy Winehouse should have been arrested at her gig in Dubai for being drunk in public - Could this have saved her life? Or just prolonged the inevitable?

She was arrested and appeared in Court many times over her substance abuse in the UK? What makes you think it would have been any different in Dubai?
The only way she would have been saved is if the Emiratis had locked her up and thrown away the key.
A waste of good jail space if you ask me.

She had a built in self destruct button.

What is it about the age of 27?
Jones, Joplin, Hendrix, Cobain and Morrison.
Bethsmum

27 seams like the unlucky number for many. I think if you cross that then you can literallyreach the age where you clearly should be dead but are still alive ala Keith Richards.

Chris Bell of Big Star

D. Boon of Minutemen

Kurt Cobain of Nirvana

Nick Drake

Les Harvey of Stone The Crows

Jimi Hendrix

Robert Johnson

Brian Jones of The Rolling Stones

Janis Joplin

Johnny Kidd

Helmut Koellen of Triumvirat

Jimmy McCulloch of Wings

Ron 'Pigpen' McKernan of The Grateful Dead

Jim Morrison of The Doors

Gary Thain of Uriah Heap

Jason Thirsk of Pennywise

Al Wilson of Canned Heat

River Phoenix (actor)

Jonathon Brandis (actor)
desertdudeshj

Flying Dutchman wrote:
Chocoholic wrote:If this was not what you meant then please clarify!

It was not what I meant.

She would have gone anyways. Her character was self-destructive. There was some inevitability in it. She was very disturbed person. I remember some time ago pics of scars on her body that probably point to self-mutilation. She must have been in great pain. In a way she was a beautiful person, OTOH she destroyed herself and most probably caused great pain to people around her. Its very hurtful to see a loved one go this way. The only real thing she must have wanted was to be loved, while at the same pushing those away. Thats the real tragedy. The only good thing those around her could do was to distance themselves from her.

Ok thanks, and yes I agree with everything you have said here.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: Bye,bye. Jul 25, 2011
Breaking news.......Amy's alive!
Forensics went to draw a line round the body and she jumped up and snorted it!
Bethsmum

Gotta laugh at all her friends and familly who all loved her so much,but not enuff to keep her of the vody and smack.
busa
Dubai forums Addict

busa wrote:Gotta laugh at all her friends and familly who all loved her so much,but not enuff to keep her of the vody and smack.

There is no way you can keep an addict, who doesn't want help, away from the next kick. Besides that, she very ill and couldn't be cured.
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

Flying Dutchman wrote:
busa wrote:Gotta laugh at all her friends and familly who all loved her so much,but not enuff to keep her of the vody and smack.

There is no way you can keep an addict, who doesn't want help, away from the next kick. Besides that, she very ill and couldn't be cured.

Absolute rubbish,if one of my kids had a habit and was slowly killing themselves,i would lock them in a room for as long as it took.
busa
Dubai forums Addict

^^^ Exactly right!

I have never managed to fully understand the psyche of an addictive personality in an individual, I just can’t deal with their weak, pathetic personalities, all the contradictions that they live with and the pain and distress they inflict so selfishly on others.

I don’t have any sympathy for any addicts, whatsoever and apart from immediate family, (of which there aren’t any, yet!) I would never have anything to do with any of them, Amy Whinehouse (GRHS) got exactly what she set out to achieve and fully deserved, in my perhaps brutal but honest opinion.

Bethsmum wrote:Breaking news.......Amy's alive!
Forensics went to draw a line round the body and she jumped up and snorted it!

:lol:
Dillon
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Have to agree with Dillon on this one, although you need addicts to want to help themselves, very often they never get to that point, so it's up to family and friends to stage an intervention and do whatever it takes to keep them away from it.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

busa wrote:
Flying Dutchman wrote:

Absolute rubbish,if one of my kids had a habit and was slowly killing themselves,i would lock them in a room for as long as it took.

You will have another thing coming of you think thats gonna work in cases like Amy Winehouse.
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

busa wrote:
Flying Dutchman wrote:

You cannot hold a person over the age of 18 or 21, whichever the case, against their will. Her parents had the heartbreaking experience of watching their child self-destruct. As for her friends, I guess they didn't want the party to stop. :o Her problems started psychologically/emotionally, which is probably the case with most addicts of any nature. How many people do you know and socialize with could be considered alcoholics? Are they not addicted? Or does the fact that alcohol is considered "legal" make the difference?

-- Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:41 am --

busa wrote:
Flying Dutchman wrote:

You cannot hold a person over the age of 18 or 21, whichever the case, against their will. Her parents had the heartbreaking experience of watching their child self-destruct. As for her friends, I guess they didn't want the party to stop. :o Her problems started psychologically/emotionally, which is probably the case with most addicts of any nature. How many people do you know and socialize with could be considered alcoholics? Are they not addicted? Or does the fact that alcohol is considered "legal" make the difference?
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Oh i agree she was completely messed up, but what would you do if given the choice of breaking the law by locking some one away in an attempt for them to break the habit, or just watching them die, she may have chosen her own path but i cant help but think that her entourage did little to stop it out of the fear of losing their meal ticket.
busa
Dubai forums Addict

busa wrote:Oh i agree she was completely messed up, but what would you do if given the choice of breaking the law by locking some one away in an attempt for them to break the habit, or just watching them die, she may have chosen her own path but i cant help but think that her entourage did little to stop it out of the fear of losing their meal ticket.

Definitely a lockdown!!! If it's a crime, I would do the time if it meant saving my child. We can only speculate as to why her parents didn't or couldn't do more to help her. If your child cuts you out of their life, which could be the case with Amy and her family, there is little, if anything, one could do.

Was AW unable to kick the habit, or possibly she didn't want to, considering she was in rehab a few times?
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

busa wrote:Oh i agree she was completely messed up, but what would you do if given the choice of breaking the law by locking some one away in an attempt for them to break the habit, or just watching them die, she may have chosen her own path but i cant help but think that her entourage did little to stop it out of the fear of losing their meal ticket.

Sadly, in a lot of cases this doesn't help.
After breaking the habit the addict then has to go about their daily business. Temptation is all around and if they have a self destruct button, they are back down the same route within weeks.
Of course there are the exceptions, like Davina McColl, who was an addict, and a pusher, for years and now looks the picture of health.
Bethsmum

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat