Ants, Ants, Everywhere

Topic locked
Ants, ants, everywhere Jun 05, 2011
Is it just me, or has there been an ant explosion of late! The blighters are everywhere, small ones, big ones, ones with wings and they are buggers to get rid of - urgh!

Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: Ants, ants, everywhere Jun 06, 2011
And they bite!

I was going to tell you about a story about ants and dirty laundry when we lived in Cyprus, but every time I tell it someone gags so I'll spare you :D
Bethsmum
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: Ants, Ants, Everywhere Jun 06, 2011
Nope, just you !
desertdudeshj

Well if they're regular ants its ok, We should start worrying when they mutate to become poisonous , Lets hope that never happen :(
zubber
Dubai Forums Veteran

We are battling ants here constantly :(
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Don't waste your time with the dickhead jinglies who come around and spray them with what I suspect is plain water.
A bit of ant power does the trick and keeps than a bay.
benwj
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

benwj wrote:Don't waste your time with the dickhead jinglies who come around and spray them with what I suspect is plain water.
A bit of ant power does the trick and keeps than a bay.

er no it doesn't! It works for a day or two, then they're back. I've actually seen them coming out of little holes in the door frames! They're the tiny little brown ants and they are everywhere. Trust me I have tried ever repellent/killer possible, nothing is working.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

In the flat I moved from I had these beige "micro ants". If the cat dropped a bit of food on the floor they came out. The first time I saw them it looked like a small patch of the floor was moving!!! It looked like a whole colony came out for dinner!!! It did my head in when I thought of what was living behind the walls!!
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Chocoholic wrote:er no it doesn't! It works for a day or two, then they're back.

If you're saying that unloading half a can of Pif Paf, RAID or similar "wet" solutions is not working on them, then i suggest you grab what you can, and run for your life!

I had them when i lived in the Marina - on the 17th Floor!!! i thought they only hung around near the ground, but obviously not......

I found that spraying a little demarcation line around them, on the tiles, just to keep them contained, and then unloading a good quantity directly onto them, and any holes they appear out of, does the trick.

Then just sweep the bodies up and move on.

Boiling water always used to work, too.
BlueOrb
Dubai forums Addict

Well unfortunately I have two cats, so have to be a bit careful what I use!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

We have a regular pest control company every 3 month, generally keeps them away.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

We use to have a roach problem, called one of the pest control leahlets we use to keep on getting slipped under the door. They guy came in an used a gel all over the place, said it would take three days to fully work, but literally within an hour or so the roachs disappeared and have never seen them since.

Apprently they eat the gel which contains boric acid and that dehydrates them and them being cannibals the other roaches eat them and die too, and also sticks on to their bodies and when they go back to the nest and anyother roaches that come into contact with them also die.

I think it should work for ants too. You can make your own at home just google up roach gel boric acid
desertdudeshj

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat